Corona Disruption - What do you have booked that is at risk? | Page 5 | Vital Football

Corona Disruption - What do you have booked that is at risk?

I should be in Kefrlonia now! Into the third week of. Feeling a bit low about it tonight. I know it's not the end of the world but just feeling low

I love travel and all that and don't take this the wrong way but going on a cruise is just such an unappealing concept to me backed up by people I know who have done one and said "never again "

Never done one so I'll let you know next year, but thanks for raising my spirits. 😁

LoveHolidays are the worst.

As part of our cancelled cruise end of August, we also had 5 nights in Florida Keys booked after the cruise. I had booked the hotel through LoveHolidays.

Cancelled the hotel through Manage My Booking on June 23rd. Still no refund, so thought I'd log back into Manage My Booking today to see if there is any update.

Seems the Cancel Booking option/link is still available.... only now it is saying I can't cancel as the holiday is too close.

So I'm not even sue anymore if it's been cancelled or not, and if I'm getting a refund or not..

Tried to contact them but it's impossible.... no phone number. They've completely shut down all phone communications.

They say to use their 'Live Chat' function on the website. I've been on the website for 2 hours now refreshing the 'contact us' page every 30 seconds, but the Live Chat option hasn't been available to me at all in all of that time.

So no calls... no live chat.... DM'd on Twitter and Facebook... not even been read yet on either one.

Twitter is awash with people saying they can't contact them. I've seen dozens of similar complaints on twitter already this morning.

Tihs is shoddy. Supposed to be the 4th largest travel agent in the UK. I know it's busy, but everyone else I've needed to contact I've been able to. It's like they've just decided to go into a blackout and sod everyone.

I’m only waiting for a refund from the Romanian cowboys otherwise known as Blue Air, seems they have gone into hiding.

The government revealed a safe list of places to go to yesterday and I’m in two minds as to whether to go anywhere this summer, some good flights prices but what will be like once there. Went to Croatia last summer and loved it, that’s what I’ve been looking at again.

I was tempted to book up Bulgaria as found a stunning price on a weeks all inclusive in a Riu Hotel.

Decided against it in the end. Not sure I can be arsed with airports at the moment. I imagine they'll be a nightmare when things ramp up a bit.

Booked 5 nights on the South Coast near Torquay instead. Free cancellation until 2 days before so can even cancel if the weather looks crap.

Good god , what a shambles with DVLA at the moment.

Junior 1 was 17 in April so naturally wanting to learn to drive. Obviously lessons etc. were halted so we waited until june when things opened up again to apply for his provisional.
All completed online, money taken . No problem.

We then got some paperwork through that he needed to complete to verify his ID. Simple stuff and needed to send back an endorsed passport photo. Why I don't know because his passport is a year old and I would think they use that as verification.

Anyway, sent it all back start of July. And had nothing at all through. You can check online the application status and it says that they are awaiting paperwork return.

We literally cannot get an update. Phones are engaged, generic busy message or do not connect, you cannot even email. All the advice is on Ugov is to check the online tracker status.
Tried online chat and the div i was talking to could not advise me at all.
How long must I wait ?. Don't know.
What are the normal times for process- 2 weeks
What are the Covid restricted times - don't know.
Shall I apply again ' don't know
What shall I do - you will just have to wait.
How long- don't know

All very well but I cannot even find out how long to wait.
I didn't send the paperwork by registered but that's irrelevant as junior's mate is having exactly the same issue and they sent theirs by registered.
Seems like the whole DVLA are still shut down and not one person is checking the post despite asking us to return things by post as they did. Although incredibly if you look far enough on the site they are discouraging paper applications ffs !.Terrible from a Gov dept.
Wouldn't mind as much if I could get any timescales. The system will not let you apply again either. Emailed a complaint now to the generic email address on Ugov.

Is it me or is Covid-19 now just an excuse for crap service. Like a default answer.

Good god , what a shambles with DVLA at the moment.

Junior 1 was 17 in April so naturally wanting to learn to drive. Obviously lessons etc. were halted so we waited until june when things opened up again to apply for his provisional.
All completed online, money taken . No problem.

We then got some paperwork through that he needed to complete to verify his ID. Simple stuff and needed to send back an endorsed passport photo. Why I don't know because his passport is a year old and I would think they use that as verification.

Anyway, sent it all back start of July. And had nothing at all through. You can check online the application status and it says that they are awaiting paperwork return.

We literally cannot get an update. Phones are engaged, generic busy message or do not connect, you cannot even email. All the advice is on Ugov is to check the online tracker status.
Tried online chat and the div i was talking to could not advise me at all.
How long must I wait ?. Don't know.
What are the normal times for process- 2 weeks
What are the Covid restricted times - don't know.
Shall I apply again ' don't know
What shall I do - you will just have to wait.
How long- don't know

All very well but I cannot even find out how long to wait.
I didn't send the paperwork by registered but that's irrelevant as junior's mate is having exactly the same issue and they sent theirs by registered.
Seems like the whole DVLA are still shut down and not one person is checking the post despite asking us to return things by post as they did. Although incredibly if you look far enough on the site they are discouraging paper applications ffs !.Terrible from a Gov dept.
Wouldn't mind as much if I could get any timescales. The system will not let you apply again either. Emailed a complaint now to the generic email address on Ugov.

Is it me or is Covid-19 now just an excuse for crap service. Like a default answer.
It is reported that the group of workers that are most resisting a return to work are civil servants, so there is your answer.

Similar with my son. He has been trying to transfer his private number plates to his new car since March. All they keep saying is check the website every now and again to see if it has happened. They were quick enough taking his money from him back in March.

The Isley Brothers. Bournemouth 2021?

Mind you I'm more concerned about what quarantine rules are in place in England then?

As I'm only visiting for a week then I won't be coming if any quarantine rules are still operating?

Oh and to add to the general room of this year my retreat weekend in October was also cancelled