Today’s Announcement by Boris... | Page 5 | Vital Football

Today’s Announcement by Boris...

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
I used to live at Warden Point with my (then) inlaws. My MinLaw was insistent that I called it Warden Point and not Leysdown. Basically, it WAS Leysdown.
On a recent visit to Suffolk i was talking to this local family who asked where we were from.I told them Chatham. The middle aged parent said that the daughters boy friend was from Sheerness.
As I said then I lay the king of the worst areas of Chatham and he trump's me with Sheerness. We all laughed as the poor lad took it on the chin and sadly agreed.

On a recent visit to Suffolk i was talking to this local family who asked where we were from.I told them Chatham. The middle aged parent said that the daughters boy friend was from Sheerness.
As I said then I lay the king of the worst areas of Chatham and he trump's me with Sheerness. We all laughed as the poor lad took it on the chin and sadly agreed.

I got nicked in Wiltshire years ago and when the copper asked me where I was born and I said Chatham he replied, "Oh, well that explains it!"

Bastard!

I got nicked in Wiltshire years ago and when the copper asked me where I was born and I said Chatham he replied, "Oh, well that explains it!"

Bastard!
I may have said before while part of my ancestry is in Suffolk my wife's family origins are Wiltshire. Well I wonder if people know that most people from Wiltshire i've met over the years can't stand Swindon and you could not pay them to go there.

I may have said before while part of my ancestry is in Suffolk my wife's family origins are Wiltshire. Well I wonder if people know that most people from Wiltshire i've met over the years can't stand Swindon and you could not pay them to go there.

I didn't know that, Chris, but am very pleased to hear it.

I've taken my mrs to a few Gills' games and she's heard some of the anti-Swindon songs. Now whenever Swindon gets mentioned (not very often) she starts singing, "Inbreds and roundabouts, inbreds and roundabouts..." It always makes me smile!

I've taken my mrs to a few Gills' games and she's heard some of the anti-Swindon songs. Now whenever Swindon gets mentioned (not very often) she starts singing, "Inbreds and roundabouts, inbreds and roundabouts..." It always makes me smile!

She's just looked over my shoulder and is singing it now!!!

Totally true my wife when we go to the west country we generally stay in Wiltshire at least one way .She will stay at any place other than Swindon. That doesn't come from me.it comes from someone who hates football but has never stopped me going.i was due to be in Mousehole this fortnight in fact.

Yes, supposedly re the ball. Tennis is allowed too ffs.

I can tolerate a lot but the latest reason not to allow general cricket - risk of transmission during tea and from the changing room - really! Really?

Okay it is not the end of the world, but to me it is the little things that speak volumes about the big decisions.

Mrs shop is quite small so just one in at a time or same family.
Once they are in, she clicks the latch down.
She’s also offering appointments after closing for a private shopping experience and is fully booked this week and next.
When ladies go to the trouble of booking, it’s inevitable that they will spend.
Does she keep the latch down until they have spent some dosh? Seriously, mate, all the best to her. I think our economy is going to need every small business to be succesful to come out of this crap as healthy as possible

I can tolerate a lot but the latest reason not to allow general cricket - risk of transmission during tea and from the changing room - really! Really?

Okay it is not the end of the world, but to me it is the little things that speak volumes about the big decisions.
Basketball is allowed. Don't they have changing rooms?
Quite happy to do without tea if necessary ffs.

Do golfers not use the club house anymore. I does seem that this government is making rules to fit the view.IE cinemas can open but football stadiums can't etc.

Do golfers not use the club house anymore. I does seem that this government is making rules to fit the view.IE cinemas can open but football stadiums can't etc.

at my club in Essex you aren’t allowed into the club house, they’re super strict about social distancing on the tables outside and will close the bar if people take the piss.

my mate’s missus is from Swindon. Thankfully she doesn’t have an accent and her family all support Chelsea... which I think is poor form.

I think it's to do with singing, you sing and shout at football but not cinema. Singing (exhaling) spreads the virus more.
Weddings and church services are back on but no singing allowed.
It's easy to criticise when we don't understand the reasoning behind some of these decisions but they are made for a reason. Maybe the criticism should be that they are not explained thoroughly enough.

at my club in Essex you aren’t allowed into the club house, they’re super strict about social distancing on the tables outside and will close the bar if people take the piss.

Do you have the deal with the spongey things on the flags so you can pick the ball out without touching the flags? We played nine holes lifting them out and saying wonder what this is for. Then someone told us.

What it boils down to is a risk assessment and people staying alert and aware.

The excess infection and death figures we are now down to, plus the conditions that are being linked to each re-opening, justify these moves IMHO.

Nobody who has pre-existing health conditions or has shown any recent Covid symptoms should be venturing out for a while. Hand sanitiser is now freely available and I am seeing it near every shop entrance, similar to hospital wards where superbugs lurk.

All the big national sporting and social events have been postponed or cancelled for this year.

Of course, if there is any rise in infections those not willing to take the risk will be able to say "I told you so" but what is a safe figure?

The likes of South Korea and New Zealand were confident that they had eradicated the virus but it has come back to an extent. There is never going to be a 100% guarantee.

Only cases of covid 19 in Aotearoa are from returning kiwis held in isolation. No community transfer yet.