Pre Kick off | Page 2 | Vital Football

Pre Kick off

I agree the knee thing should’ve only been for the first set of fixtures involving a club. After that it loses its potency and leads to witch hunts or just as bad, hypocritical support for those who refuse.

Police Federation of England & Wales met with senior directors of Amazon UK this week to ask them to stop selling the offensive "Blue Lives Murder" merchandise. Amazon refused as it did not consider that the sale of these disgraceful items contravenes their policy on offensive and controversial materials. What !!! At a time when assaults on UK police have never been so high and so bad it`s little wonder that recruitment and retention of officers is failing. I despair.
I told my contact about this. She laughed and said "they hate the police until they need them". Credit to her for being unruffled as it certainly pisses me off. She had a member of the public (tourist I believe) recently tell her how nice and "soft" the police are in the UK compared to other countries.

What she is pissed off about is an extended 12 hour shift due to start at 7pm tomorrow, Saturday. Bedlam predicted now that clown has allowed pubs to open on a Saturday. Nice to see some pubs are being sensible and not opening until Monday.

I told my contact about this. She laughed and said "they hate the police until they need them". Credit to her for being unruffled as it certainly pisses me off. She had a member of the public (tourist I believe) recently tell her how nice and "soft" the police are in the UK compared to other countries.

What she is pissed off about is an extended 12 hour shift due to start at 7pm tomorrow, Saturday. Bedlam predicted now that clown has allowed pubs to open on a Saturday. Nice to see some pubs are being sensible and not opening until Monday.

Hope that the officer`s shift goes without too much hassle. Rain forecast for up here tomorrow, which will assist response officers. For your contact`s sake I hope that London sees some rain mid-evening onwards.

Hope that the officer`s shift goes without too much hassle. Rain forecast for up here tomorrow, which will assist response officers. For your contact`s sake I hope that London sees some rain mid-evening onwards.
Problem with that is that all the pub goers will move indoors making distancing more difficult 🤔

It's easy to rush to judgement and conflate several quite different issues. I agree with the rough consensus on here that we shouldn't be embedding actions/shirts/protests indefinitely. One off, make the point and then organise to try and do stuff. I don't like compulsion because it makes a bit of a nonsense of the cause, or whatever it is. I include poppies in that one because they are imposed on all and sundry from presenters to footballers. Far more powerful if people choose to show support and no one should be villified for not doing so.

If individual players want to take the knee at every game then fine. If individual footballers want to take a stand on different issues then fine again. They are better paid, more aware and have been kept under wraps for too long. Some will impress, some irritate and some disappoint.

A minor point but what happens to all these specially made shirts. If they are bined soon after then the money would be better spent on the cause and we could save a bit of landfill.

There you go again 58, you just don't give up do you!!!

What’s more, I’m sure I just heard on the news that pubs are allowed to open at 6 am tomorrow. Sometimes I just fucking despair........

I imagine half the people emailing him will also be buying from Amazon this month. People should just boycott them.

I've already stopped using Amazon after watching the Panorama program 'How much does Amazon know about us' back in February. Gobsmacking how much information they glean and compile about you. I'm sure other companies do the same but this really opened my eyes to data gathering and people profiling.

https://actnowtraining.wordpress.com/2020/04/01/amazon-what-they-know-about-us/

Police Federation of England & Wales met with senior directors of Amazon UK this week to ask them to stop selling the offensive "Blue Lives Murder" merchandise.
Amazon refused as it did not consider that the sale of these disgraceful items contravenes their policy on offensive and controversial materials..
Given the ethnic profile of large numbers of knife victims and their assailants, somebody might contemplate the slogan:
"Black Knives Murder"
... with a bloody knife below

Presumably Amazon would consider that "offensive" ?

Police Federation of England & Wales met with senior directors of Amazon UK this week to ask them to stop selling the offensive "Blue Lives Murder" merchandise. Amazon refused as it did not consider that the sale of these disgraceful items contravenes their policy on offensive and controversial materials. What !!! At a time when assaults on UK police have never been so high and so bad it`s little wonder that recruitment and retention of officers is failing. I despair.

In general freedom of speech should be upheld.

In this case it is surely an excitement to violence or hatred as it is during a period when division is the name of the game.

If it was a depiction of one black youth stabbing another black youth then it would have been banned from amazon.