Ellis Chapman Rejects Deal | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ellis Chapman Rejects Deal

I think he might end up being a decent player. Seen little bits of good passing etc and I think you can forget how young he is.

He may think he needs to be playing though which I think is probably fair enough. I can't imagine he's going to get a contract with one of those higher league clubs he was linked with though; best option would be playing somewhere regularly...

I cannot imagine the compensation will be great, he's not played that many competative first team games from memory, he's been on the bench a lot but not got on the pitch, I don't know if that counts as an appearance? Considering his age I would of thought this was his break through season, I reckon he'll make it.

There’s a good player in there, he just needs the playing time. He should have been loaned out again.

For me If MA, a very well respected coach and judge of young talent was desperate for Ellis to sign, he would have been offered a contract worthy of being accepted.

I think one of Ellises problems he doesn't put himself about enough, umlike Joe Morrell, I think Ellis seemed to shy away from 50/50 balls.
He really wanted to be loaned out to a Div 2 Club for 2 seasons after leaving Chesterfield.
On the 50/50 thing. It may be in his mind, the last time I went for one of these I got sent off!

Total of 31 appearances, no goals. Actually appeared in 17 games this season.

League: 7 starts, 9 as sub = 16
FA Cup: 1 start, 2 subs = 3
League Cup: 3 starts = 3
EFL Trophy: 7 starts, 2 subs = 9

Very few youngsters are playing L1 at a young age. I guess a reasonable comparison may be to see what level Morrell was playing at at the same age.

I think the writing was maybe on the wall a bit when we were bringing in players like Connor Coventry?

Its always sad when a “home prospect” doesn’t sign on when offered a deal but having a look at the other talent MA has brought in, I’m sure we can do better.

I only ever saw him pass the ball backwards anyway...

I do wonder though whether in years to come we'll be talking about what might have been with Ellis as we have been with Sam Clucas recently.

I do wonder though whether in years to come we'll be talking about what might have been with Ellis as we have been with Sam Clucas recently.

The comments are quite similar in some respects... lightweight, decent on the ball not much else etc

Sad to see a Lincoln lad go but it's up to him. I would assume he wants more game time, which is absolutely the right attitude if true. Think he will make it at a decent level, think it might take a little time to get there yet but time is most certainly on his side. Good luck, Ellis!

On the 50/50 thing. It may be in his mind, the last time I went for one of these I got sent off!
I think that sending off v Cambridge was the turning point in his career. He never developed much from that point and seemed short of confidence, particularly in challenging for the ball

At this stage of his career and all thats going on in the world it would be a tough decision . I wish him well whatever he decides