Tonight's League One Play-Off Semi-Finals Match Thread | Vital Football

Tonight's League One Play-Off Semi-Finals Match Thread

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
17:30: Portsmouth v Oxford United (Sky Sports)

19:30: Fleetwood Town v Wycombe Wanderers (Sky Sports)

Strangely, the two best teams are playing each other. Portsmouth v Oxford should really have been the final. Wycombe must surely be the rank outsiders here, probably in the play-offs only because the season ended early. Not that I want to see Joseph Barton succeed, of course.

I'd like Portsmouth to go up because;

i. It's a long way to travel (lazy of me I know)
ii. their fans, (whilst I really enjoyed their noise at the bank) they are the type of diehards that I think deserve promotion.

Would still fancy a trip to Portsmouth next season so long as it's scheduled for a Saturday ( and we are allowed in) but they probably deserve to go up out of the four playing

Shame none of these are on terrestrial TV/Pick, as I would have liked to watch them. Oh well. Not paying the monthly pound of flesh for Sky anymore.

Out of the four I think only Portsmouth have any chance of staying in the championship at the end of next season. It’s a step too far for the other three and could cripple them financially.

Gareth looks like Michael Hutchence on the touchline! Leather jacket and long hair, more rockstar than football manager.