Was it disrespectful | Vital Football

Was it disrespectful

Silentjourneyhome

Vital Youth Team
Morning all.

Can I just seek your opinion on something we were discussing last night please.

Three different people said to me last night that they thought Man Utd bringing on 5 subs at once was disrespectful. Obviously Chris Wilder is big on respect - remember when he roasted Gary Sinclair for saying ‘unfortunately there are only two minutes injury time!’ at half time against Villa.

I can see both sides of it. Obviously Man Utd were in complete control with the game won and you can’t blame them for resting players.

That said the decision to replace 5 players at once made it feel a bit like a pre season friendly where the result was beyond doubt.

Perhaps they could have done it as a three followed by two more a few minutes later so as not to rub our noses in it.

Disrespectful or understandable - be interested to hear your thoughts.

It made no difference to me at all. By then, the TV was on Location, Location, Location, and I was just checking the phone, hoping it didn't get to 5.

Morning all.

Can I just seek your opinion on something we were discussing last night please.

Three different people said to me last night that they thought Man Utd bringing on 5 subs at once was disrespectful. Obviously Chris Wilder is big on respect - remember when he roasted Gary Sinclair for saying ‘unfortunately there are only two minutes injury time!’ at half time against Villa.

I can see both sides of it. Obviously Man Utd were in complete control with the game won and you can’t blame them for resting players.

That said the decision to replace 5 players at once made it feel a bit like a pre season friendly where the result was beyond doubt.

Perhaps they could have done it as a three followed by two more a few minutes later so as not to rub our noses in it.

Disrespectful or understandable - be interested to hear your thoughts.
Have to say mi owd pal by the time they made their subs i was just wantin the full time whistle to blow. Match was over as a competitive game when they scored early in my view.UTMPB

I was a bit miffed by it. Intended or not, putting 5 subs on, shows how bad, how ineffective the opposition was and, as a Blade, that hurts

It also occurred to me that we have become the answer to another obscure quiz question.

i thought thank fuck for that cause those that come on were nowhere near s good as those that went of. if they hadnt made the subs it would have been 6-0

Not wanting to make an issue out of this, but, I thought that the subs had to be staggered, or am I imagining that. The game was gone so it's all largely irrelevant.

At the time I did feel a little peeved but in the end I was happy it was just 3-0.

On reflection that game Was very much like Liverpool away, the early goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of us. let’s hope we can turn it around like we did back then.

It wasn't disrespectful at all

It might have been disrespectful if they'd brought five players off and not replaced them, they could have done that and still sauntered to a comfortable victory

Norwich just equalized against Manure, have to say, they look a thousand times better than we have done over the last three games.
If we were playing them today we'd have got dicked

Norwich just equalized against Manure, have to say, they look a thousand times better than we have done over the last three games.
If we were playing them today we'd have got dicked
Like Norwich did !

manure were a shadow of the side that played on wed they scored 2nd half with their 1st attempt on target against a Norwich side that as a rule just can’t defend