Match Day Thread: Manchester United v The Mighty Blades | Vital Football

Match Day Thread: Manchester United v The Mighty Blades

Not_A_Cheat

Vital Reserves Team
Well, after that piece of crap on Sunday, confidence in most of us fans is not very high. Remove most of your defence, including a keeper that shipped 3 goals for the first time this season against Newcastle in the last game, but arguably only questionable on 1, (my opinion) is going to increase the challenge. BTW I'm not remotely blaming Henderson. Quite the opposite, I wish he could play this evening.....

So on paper, we are going to struggle, however last time we conceded 3 in successive games was under Adkins....

Luckily football is not played on paper...

Anyway...

Any team news?

Mcgoldrick?

JOC?

is there any good news?

Clearly this is now not the game it would have been had WWII I mean Covid-19 not struck. However it's still 11 v 11 and Wilder will be on this. IMO Manure would have had an easier ride in this had we not lost 3 nil. Prediction I'm gonna skip. I'll go for an optimistic draw...

UTB

Damage limitation team tonight.

If we play our normal 3-5-2 we will get smashed.

Its hard for me to say this but go with 4-5-1,to stiffle them.

Team
Moore
Baldock-Basham-Robinson-Stevens
K Freeman-Lundstram-Norwood-Fleck-Osborn
Sharp(30 mins) McBurnie(30mins) Mousett(30mins)

The lone strikers have 30 mins each to run their gonads off,not bothered which player does which 30 min stint.

Feel even more pessimistic than I normally do.....will be watching from behind the sofa.

Whatever we do, we need an attacking threat....with pace. Mousset please.

Does anybody know what JOC's injury is?

I fear an evening of deep embarrassment.
If we avoid that, I will be reasonably happy.
I think our team really needs the noise of the crowd to lift their game to the heights we have seen this season. Without a crowd for the rest of the season, I am very happy that we already have 44 points.

I think our team really needs the noise of the crowd to lift their game to the heights we have seen this season.

I could see that point if we had been at home for the last two games, but we were playing away at teams whose fans would have outnumbered us greatly if they were allowed in to watch. I think it is more down to the way we play, and needing time to get into a rhythm, especially defensively. If you think back to the start of the season, we only won one of the first five games and we conceded sloppy goals in all of them except for Palace at home. I was hoping that was down to the players being a bit unsure of themselves at a higher level, but maybe not? That being said, we were robbed of a win against Villa and I don't think we would have lost on Sunday if Egan had not been harshly treated by the ref. I'm not really looking forward to tonight though...

I can see a game similar to the Man Citeh v Burnley debacle. I fully expect a similar outcome. Now that has been said I can't lose as I won't be disappointed if it does go that way and will be ecstatic if it doesn't. Win win. my new quasi post Covid era default mindset for everything in "life" Jim... but not as we know it. :ninja:

Not looking forward to this.

Man U are a team that when sides sit back they do struggle to break them down, so I'd be tempted to pack our midfield and play with just either McGoldrick or Mousset up front. Bruno's the player who makes them tick now so I'd stick Berge on him, maybe man markings a job the Norwegian can do.

Osborn to come in as well with Enda being moved to the centre. Enda owes us a good performance after his showing at Newcastle.

Chuffin hell talk abart desertin a sinkin ship,thank goodness we're not in the bottom 3 or the good lord only knows what some of the vital Blades tribe would be like.:unsure::whistle:BLADES ARE FOR LIFE not just when we're winnin.:yes: 2-2 toneet BERGE&McBURNIE.UTMPB

Chuffin hell talk abart desertin a sinkin ship,thank goodness we're not in the bottom 3 or the good lord only knows what some of the vital Blades tribe would be like.:unsure::whistle:BLADES ARE FOR LIFE not just when we're winnin.:yes: 2-2 toneet BERGE&McBURNIE.UTMPB

You really have a masters degree from Cambridge in the art of completely, utterly and without fail missing absolutely every point everyone posts. I salute you.
Add to that an obvious crystal meth habit in imagining McB and Berge will score. Or even that we will net twice tonight.
I hope you are right,but if you are it will be down to blind faith not anything approaching Planet Logic.

You really have a masters degree from Cambridge in the art of completely, utterly and without fail missing absolutely every point everyone posts. I salute you.
Add to that an obvious crystal meth habit in imagining McB and Berge will score. Or even that we will net twice tonight.
I hope you are right,but if you are it will be down to blind faith not anything approaching Planet Logic.
Of course it can't be logical if you don't agree Beany mi owd pal.:giggle: Tha reminds me when Mr Morgs used to speak of Blackwell when he was boss at BDBL your way or the Highway.:p Did McBurnie score against Manure at BDBL or not? If tha can't remember HE DID.:giggle: As i said earlier BLADES are for LIFE not just when we're winnin,it aint that long ago(few days) tha were postin on here we only needed a striker,and a couple of others for next season,nar after 1 that's ONE defeat we're a team that you're ashamed of ya fickle foooker.:yes: I've got mi beers nice and cold ready for KO and hopefully we play better than we did on Sunday.:cheers:By the way Crystal Meth? I've been to Crystal Palace but i've never done drugs,wi the exception of pain Killers etc; i wonder how many on here can honestly say that.UTMPB

Last edited:
Realism to some , heresy for others SBT.

They'll need those drinks breaks , it's roasting here 4 miles away from OT.

Hoping for a heroic rearguard action and, hoping against hope for a sneaky breakaway goal from anybody who might just get their backside on the ball and get it past 'the world's best 'keeper'

I can see a game similar to the Man Citeh v Burnley debacle. I fully expect a similar outcome. Now that has been said I can't lose as I won't be disappointed if it does go that way and will be ecstatic if it doesn't. Win win. my new quasi post Covid era default mindset for everything in "life" Jim... but not as we know it. :ninja:

Is the Plane and banner booked ?

I reckon it would say GIVE THEM A 10 POINT DEDUCTION EFL

We always knew that most teams would have better quality players but we overcame that with team work, a system that surprised everyone and lower league players proving they have what it takes in the Prem. I am starting to think that over training has not helped us and has possible had the opposite effect it was supposed to have. Back to tonight i cannot see anything but a loss. However if the lads put a performance in and we dont get hammed by 3 goals plus then i will feel alot better. I think all we can expect with an injury ravaged defence is a positive reaction to Sunday.

Of course it can't be logical if you don't agree Beany mi owd pal.:giggle: Tha reminds me when Mr Morgs used to speak of Blackwell when he was boss at BDBL your way or the Highway.:p Did McBurnie score against Manure at BDBL or not? If tha can't remember HE DID.:giggle: As i said earlier BLADES are for LIFE not just when we're winnin,it aint that long ago(few days) tha were postin on here we only needed a striker,and a couple of others for next season,nar after 1 that's ONE defeat we're a team that you're ashamed of ya fickle foooker.:yes: I've got mi beers nice and cold ready for KO and hopefully we play better than we did on Sunday.:cheers:By the way Crystal Meth? I've been to Crystal Palace but i've never done drugs,wi the exception of pain Killers etc; i wonder how many on here can honestly say that.UTMPB

Rod. There's a world of difference between disagreeing and talking about two entirely different things. In the latter case there cant be disagreement as it's an apples and oranges discussion with no common ground.
Most conversations on here with you are planet earth and planet rod, apples and oranges. love you to bits mate but your ability to not actually get what folk post and consequently argue on something never written, meant or suggested is uncanny. Don't change. Not that you would mate. :yes:

Me Rod! 👍

Rod. There's a world of difference between disagreeing and talking about two entirely different things. In the latter case there cant be disagreement as it's an apples and oranges discussion with no common ground.
Most conversations on here with you are planet earth and planet rod, apples and oranges. love you to bits mate but your ability to not actually get what folk post and consequently argue on something never written, meant or suggested is uncanny. Don't change. Not that you would mate. :yes:

Steady SBT - don't know much about Rod - but I do know he know's his footie :yes: