Aston Villa v Sheff Utd Match Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Sheff Utd Match Thread

Lucky escape that! How was Nyland just chilling with it behing the line for so long! Other than thay we are doing alright so far. Love seeing Super John back and Keinan is causing them problems. Got to make something of our get out of jail card now

I’ve always been a fan of Davis and don’t get me wrong he’s playing well but, doesn’t look like scoring whereas Samatta does. I guess he’s planning to rotate the two perhaps. Hope Davis proves wrong would love for him to get on score sheet

Pretty even. Thought we shaded the game before the water break. Sheffield United after the break. We look toothless though, can't see where a goal is coming from. Defence has been generally solid up till that mess near the end of the half. If that didn't cross the line it must have been by a rizla paper.

I'm more concerned about the fact that Davis looks like an anti-goalscorer.

He's had 3 chances he should of buried at least, sadly he will not make it as a Villa player, the only way to make him effective is with 2 up top otherwise pointless literally with him as the lone striker.

I know I’m well known on here for moaning, but starting the prem again is looking as ridiculous as I thought it would be.......if anyone likes this post I’ll take it you’re liking the second part of the sentence...thank you.

It looked a goal for sure! I hope it doesn't end up with a ref feeling he needs to make it up to them later in the game?.... It's what refs seem to do.

They certainly finished the stronger and I hope we don't regret those missed chances. You won't get many against a team that has only let in 25 goals this season.