London Black Lives Matter Protest | Page 4 | Vital Football

London Black Lives Matter Protest

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
You're such a ****.

When somebody tries to post a message of unity you try to denigrate it.

Why do you hate so much? What happened to you? Was it traumatic? Do you need professional help? Maybe there's some therapy you could receive?
You can't argue against facts.
The hatred and insults are coming from you Bud , not me.

But I did not need to understand being a starving person before I gave support. Maybe we needed a lot of intellectual discussion before doing anything shaming those who have food - instead there was action.
That old saying - talk is cheap.

And you don't have to have experienced and understood being a black man to lend support to movement against racism. You wont have experienced or understood what it is like to be a black man in a racist society but you do understand that there is racism and you oppose it.

We are going to have to agree to disagree, Jerry, because like you, I want people of all races to join together to bring about change. So long as white people are on board with what needs to happen then it doesn't really matter if they're too blind to recognise their own privilege. The aim is to get rid of that privilege anyway, so what's it matter whether you realised you had it or not, just so long as it is eradicated...??

This video explains perfectly for you wx.
I watched this video and came out with this conclusion:

Some people make bad choices and this affects the children. Anybody can make those bad choices but in the video all of those at the back were BAME.

Why is that?

And you don't have to have experienced and understood being a black man to lend support to movement against racism. You wont have experienced or understood what it is like to be a black man in a racist society but you do understand that there is racism and you oppose it.

We are going to have to agree to disagree, Jerry, because like you, I want people of all races to join together to bring about change. So long as white people are on board with what needs to happen then it doesn't really matter if they're too blind to recognise their own privilege. The aim is to get rid of that privilege anyway, so what's it matter whether you realised you had it or not, just so long as it is eradicated...??

Some unknown guy said something a while ago :
Do unto others as you you have them do to you.
And
why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

These are the things along with freedom and justice for all that we and the USA were supposed to stand for.

Some people make bad choices and this affects the children. Anybody can make those bad choices but in the video all of those at the back were BAME.

Why is that?

I'm flabbergasted by this, wx!! I can't believe you're really so stupid as to ask that question!

Do you think they all (the parents) had the same choices to make?! The entire point is that it's not a level playing field to begin with. FFS, open your mind and your heart and engage your brain!

Why is that?

Perhaps this is why you keep asking such bizarre questions.

Some unknown guy said something a while ago :
Do unto others as you you have them do to you.
And
why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

These are the things along with freedom and justice for all that we and the USA were supposed to stand for.

Supposed to stand for but don't.

The Jesus quotes are good. So are, 'Love thy neighbour' and 'Love one another'.

I'm flabbergasted by this, wx!! I can't believe you're really so stupid as to ask that question!

Do you think they all (the parents) had the same choices to make?! The entire point is that it's not a level playing field to begin with. FFS, open your mind and your heart and engage your brain!
I was wondering about how to answer that. My heart sank when I saw it.

The only short explanation I could think of was "cycle of deprivation".

I find the whole racism issue very depressing. Some people still think like I did some 55 years ago when I was an outright racist (but didn't think I was).

I don't think I have the skills to take up this argument, given that there are others on thos board who can do it more articulately than me.

Good luck with it Buddha.

Why is that?

The video did not need black people in it as this is just what sociology and religious political commentators/activists have been saying for ever.
In the past couple of hundred years you could have made that about the british agricultural and working class.

Being poor means you start at a disadvantaged place - its because they are poor ffs, who would have known. Hunger and broken homes, absentee fathers, men with multiple kids from different mothers on council estates wow.

We know all of this so why not alleviate those problems for ALL deprived areas and humans NOW.

Supposed to stand for but don't.

The Jesus quotes are good. So are, 'Love thy neighbour' and 'Love one another'.

The four gospels are basic truths and good principles, the rest of the new testament is just what other humans thought whilst making up rules to control the thoughts of their congregations and distort the message.

The video did not need black people in it as this is just what sociology and religious political commentators/activists have been saying for ever.
In the past couple of hundred years you could have made that about the british agricultural and working class.

Being poor means you start at a disadvantaged place - its because they are poor ffs, who would have known. Hunger and broken homes, absentee fathers, men with multiple kids from different mothers on council estates wow.

We know all of this so why not alleviate those problems for ALL deprived areas and humans NOW.
Absolutely alleviate for all. However it doesnt get away from the fact that its a fact that the majority of people at the back, both in this video and in real life happen to be black. Well, they dont just 'happen' to be black, do they? Many people believe the reason nothing's been done about it is purely because they are black, so society has ignored them for so long.

This video explains perfectly for you wx.

If it were to have been a real race , my money would be on the fat girl coming in last.
It wasn't real (hypothetical/make believe) my money would be on Adi Akinbiyi winning by a country mile , followed by a trademark somersault 👍

I'll tell you what, let's compromise. Either:

We don't blame parentage at all.

or we keep going back through the generations and find out what started it all.

My personal experience of US police was very unpleasant but I dare say it would have been worse if I was black.

That doesn't mean they are all bad though, just like a doctor or a teacher some are better than others. I think we are very lucky with the Police we have in this country though I don't have much contact with them tbh.

I wish everyone on this planet would treat each other better and with more respect, and then we might get along little better.

It's not just the stereotypical white vs black either issue either. In Singapore the Chinese Singaporeans look down on the Malay Singaporeans, who look down on the Indian Singaporeans, who in turn look down on the Bangladeshis etc.

PS I do wish people wouldn't use a cause like this as an excuse to behave like twats and vandalise things etc.

Absolutely alleviate for all. However it doesnt get away from the fact that its a fact that the majority of people at the back, both in this video and in real life happen to be black. Well, they dont just 'happen' to be black, do they? Many people believe the reason nothing's been done about it is purely because they are black, so society has ignored them for so long.

Also most are immigrants. The history of immigrants over modern history is similar whether from other nations or just from agricultural labour to town working class. The relevance of ethnicity is irrelevant of each outcome.

People move to work and the people wanting the workers want them at the cheapest rate as one would a machine, stored and maintained at the cheapest until their usefulness is complete. As the competition for jobs and resources becomes acute then groups of identities appear encouraged by the powers that be and the groups become rats at war with each other.
This is compounded by closing or sending manufacturing overseas and off shoring jobs, it makes even less descent employment and scarcer resources therefore exciting the identity rats.

Its only when the rats realise that they are all the same and are being played do they move forward.

People have known this for ever but are encouraged to look at their own identity and believe that is the problem. We know some solutions that work, take the victorian philanthropists with model factories and villages.
There are other examples from history, what about the gorbals in Glasgow, one of the worst deprived and crime ridden places on earth. Slum clearing and social resources changed the situation (not completely).

Identity politics is part of the divide and rule that keeps us under control.
Move forward to rid the causes of want and inequality and everything else will come.

Last edited: