The government has made/is making a right bloody mess of all this. | Page 28 | Vital Football

The government has made/is making a right bloody mess of all this.

See Hampton ........... I have a hotline to SKS ......... the first question asked at PMQs was the one I posed above. ;)

That was a truly awful performance by Johnson today. He looked flustered and under pressure, probably due to being ill informed and embarrassed.

The fact that he had to associate himself with Starmer's comments re George Floyd rather than leading on it himself is disgraceful.

See Hampton ........... I have a hotline to SKS ......... the first question asked at PMQs was the one I posed above. ;)

That was a truly awful performance by Johnson today. He looked flustered and under pressure, probably due to being ill informed and embarrassed.

The fact that he had to associate himself with Starmer's comments re George Floyd rather than leading on it himself is disgraceful.
Not at all surprised you have a direct "love" phone line to SKS 😁
And fully agree the PM was awful (again)
As you yourself said last week he is in danger of making your man look competent 😉

Pity you didn’t read the Telegraph article Moonay, as you’d know it is a change in structure to manage the crisis going forward.

I thought Boris was very good today. Took no shit from Starmer and left him flustered and embarrassed.

I know Labour has been left behind by an inability to produce slogans so I’m glad Boris has taken this task on board for Starmer - Agree, U turn, Criticise 👏👏👏😂😂😂

Pity you didn’t read the Telegraph article Moonay, as you’d know it is a change in structure to manage the crisis going forward.

So........who was "in direct control" before then?

I thought Boris was very good today. Took no shit from Starmer and left him flustered and embarrassed.

You can't be serious. No reasonable person can have watched that and come to any other conclusion than Johnson was in a flap. I know you feel compelled to still defend him, but surely, you have to draw a line.

Besides not answering a single question, he continually bumbled generic nonsense. I do agree that Starmer was embarrassed ............ by the complete and utter shitshow of a performance by the PM. I reckon this clip sums it up quite nicely:

I know Labour has been left behind by an inability to produce slogans so I’m glad Boris has taken this task on board for Starmer - Agree, U turn, Criticise 👏👏👏😂😂😂

Let's just finish on what Johnson said about being proud of his record re the virus. Have a look at the timeline, the deaths, the management of everything and then the comparisons, with elsewhere.

It's like a little kid being proud of a big turd.

My lad often is and goes to great lengths to point us in the direction of his potty when he feels it needs a second look because he's done so well with it. Not only that but he goes into great detail about the colour and form (sometimes a mountain, others more snake like) and really gives a very thorough explanation of why exactly he's so proud. For a 17 year old he's really quite descriptive.

Let's hope that Boris is as forthcoming with everyone having a second look at the way that this country has handled the current crisis when the time comes. I rather suspect he won't be. Russian report?

The thing that really, really bothers me about it all is we had a few weeks grace to avoid this and really minimise the plight that was about to befall the nation. The writing was on the wall based on what we'd seen in other countries, yet we did nothing until it was too late. Arrogance or incompetence?

If this crisis was one of my son's dumps, then he certainly wouldn't be pointing at it for us to have a closer look.

So........who was "in direct control" before then?

That is a headline - referenced by the writers assumption he wasn’t in control whilst admitted to intensive care and then recuperating. It seems whoever wrote it succeeded in their aim of garnering attention from the desperate.

You can't be serious. No reasonable person can have watched that and come to any other conclusion than Johnson was in a flap. I know you feel compelled to still defend him, but surely, you have to draw a line.

A change in tactics from Boris. Starmer is used to pontificating in court. What he isn’t accustomed to is direct attacks on his pontificating and this left him flustered and ill at ease. Boris won that exchange hands down. I can’t believe you think otherwise.

Let's just finish on what Johnson said about being proud of his record re the virus. Have a look at the timeline, the deaths, the management of everything and then the comparisons, with elsewhere.

What I have understood is that is a very difficult situation to manage, an unprecedented health crisis and that challenges and hurdles have been overcome. All despite the perennial losers whinging and complaining at every action and decision taken willing failure. Of course there will be a time for reflection, analysing what went well, what didn’t, what could have been done differently but that won’t distract from the enormous challenges faced and the efforts gone into tackling it. He’s survived a spell in intensive care, a media lynch mob trying to oust his advisor and the usual left wing hysteria and is still standing and running the country. It’s gonna be a long 4 1/2 years for some.

I like to believe I'm an impartial observer having voted both Labour and Tory (last year) in my time. And I have to say that Johnson was embarrassing today and anyone that says he was very good and won hands down has credibility issues as much as the man himself.

I'm afraid most people can now see that the bumbling buffoon act isn't actually an act.

I voted for him last time simply as that was the only way to get Brexit done. I voted to leave and and as that was really the only time in my life that my vote truly counted I wanted to make sure it happened. But if he is still in charge at the next election I won't be voting for them again. Now if Sunak was in charge it may be different.

To be fair it is unmanagable now as yet again thousands of protestors gather together in London with scant regard for social distancing!They are right to be outraged by events but these gatherings will only increase the number of Black lives being lost!Really sad!!

That is a headline - referenced by the writers assumption he wasn’t in control whilst admitted to intensive care and then recuperating. It seems whoever wrote it succeeded in their aim of garnering attention from the desperate.

And he's been (supposedly) back in charge for how long? ........... Still a reasonable question.

As for the "attention for the desperate" comment .....I'll give you credit, .....you don't give up easily.

A change in tactics from Boris. Starmer is used to pontificating in court. What he isn’t accustomed to is direct attacks on his pontificating and this left him flustered and ill at ease. Boris won that exchange hands down. I can’t believe you think otherwise.

There's just no point discussing this para. It'll end in pages of disagreement, for no purpose. Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but if that's what you really believe, then fine, but I shalln't be engaging any more.

What I have understood is that is a very difficult situation to manage, an unprecedented health crisis and that challenges and hurdles have been overcome. All despite the perennial losers whinging and complaining at every action and decision taken willing failure. Of course there will be a time for reflection, analysing what went well, what didn’t, what could have been done differently but that won’t distract from the enormous challenges faced and the efforts gone into tackling it. He’s survived a spell in intensive care, a media lynch mob trying to oust his advisor and the usual left wing hysteria and is still standing and running the country. It’s gonna be a long 4 1/2 years for some.

I see the Johnson bluster is rubbing off. Such a shame.

And he's been (supposedly) back in charge for how long? ........... Still a reasonable question.

As for the "attention for the desperate" comment .....I'll give you credit, .....you don't give up ea

It was a headline, nothing more. It obviously worked as you gleefully seized upon it without knowing the content of the article. Big tick for the headline writer I guess.

There's just no point discussing this para. It'll end in pages of disagreement, for no purpose. Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but if that's what you really believe, then fine, but I shalln't be engaging any more.

Probably for the best.

I see the Johnson bluster is rubbing off. Such a shame.

That would be the bluster that helped win the referendum, the position of PM, the Brexit deal and then a big general election victory. All those arguments you and the left were on the wrong end of which has resulted in a loss of perspective and reason. As you say such a shame.

It was a headline, nothing more. It obviously worked as you gleefully seized upon it without knowing the content of the article. Big tick for the headline writer I guess..

Well, it wasn't a sufficiently big enough tick to entice me to pay to read the whole article, so it maybe didn't work that well.

I see, just like the PM, you've (still) not answered the question either ............... I'll give you a clue ....... I suspect the answer is summat to do with Barnard Castle.

Probably for the best..
(y)

That would be the bluster that helped win the referendum, the position of PM, the Brexit deal and then a big general election victory. All those arguments you and the left were on the wrong end of which has resulted in a loss of perspective and reason. As you say such a shame.

Yaaaay ....... but you were still blustering. :giggle:

I see it's being reported that Johnson (yet again) wasn't "totally" honest at PMQs. He gave the impression when he said to Starmer that he'd "rung him" that it was a one to one call ........ in fact it's been confirmed by No 10 that it was a call involving all Opposition leaders.

Same old BJ ......always lying. :rolleyes:

Well, it wasn't a sufficiently big enough tick to entice me to pay to read the whole article, so it maybe didn't work that well.

I see, just like the PM, you've (still) not answered the question either ............... I'll give you a clue ....... I suspect the answer is summat to do with Barnard Castle.

Read, no. Seduced sufficiently enough by a headline that you would post about it, yes.

What question have I failed to answer, I don’t recall there being one?

Yaaaay ....... but you were still blustering. :giggle:

I see it's being reported that Johnson (yet again) wasn't "totally" honest at PMQs. He gave the impression when he said to Starmer that he'd "rung him" that it was a one to one call ........ in fact it's been confirmed by No 10 that it was a call involving all Opposition leaders.

Same old BJ ......always lying. :rolleyes:

If you categorise bluster as being rational, proportional and not joining the hysteria then fair enough.

He was hardly lying. He was conversing with all opposition leaders via phone. Of course this was in response to Starmer waving his confidential letter around. Hardly confidential and published moments after he says he’d make it available. Boris should be wary, it’s clear he’s oppo can’t be trusted with confidential information. It was the save with his predecessor publishing confidential government documents during the election campaign.

Same old labour, can’t be trusted 😉

What question have I failed to answer, I don’t recall there being one?

So....who was in "direct control" then? From the article, it seems to be starting to give credit to the temporarily visually impaired motorist.

If you categorise bluster as being rational, proportional and not joining the hysteria then fair enough.

I'm not really sure which bits of your defence of the indefensible, and whinging at the whingers you consider rational, but hey, it's your opinion.

He was hardly lying. He was conversing with all opposition leaders via phone. Of course this was in response to Starmer waving his confidential letter around. Hardly confidential and published moments after he says he’d make it available. Boris should be wary, it’s clear he’s oppo can’t be trusted with confidential information. It was the save with his predecessor publishing confidential government documents during the election campaign.

What on earth are you babbling about? Regardless, if you carried on listening after Starmer, I think there were 2 more instances of Johnson not replying to correspondence he'd been sent ages ago. It seems that he's just not very good at getting back to people ........... or maybe he just doesn't do very much all day. :rolleyes:

Same old labour, can’t be trusted 😉

I'd rather pin my trust on Johnny Johnson and the Bandwagon, rather than Boris Johnson and his bandwagon .................not so much Breaking down the walls of heartache, and more Blame it on the Pony (and trap) Express.
;)

So....who was in "direct control" then? From the article, it seems to be starting to give credit to the temporarily visually impaired motorist.

I’m surprised you don’t know the answer. Scrap that, I’m not.

m not really sure which bits of your defence of the indefensible, and whinging at the whingers you consider rational, but hey, it's your opinion.

Except it it’s not indefensible, you just want it to be as it supports your narrative. I think you’ve been seduced by twitter and have forgotten alternative opinions and views are allowed in this country.

What on earth are you babbling about? Regardless, if you carried on listening after Starmer, I think there were 2 more instances of Johnson not replying to correspondence he'd been sent ages ago. It seems that he's just not very good at getting back to people ........... or maybe he just doesn't do very much all day. :rolleyes:

Or maybe he’s been busy dealing with a national crisis and is prioritising. And I’m guessing responding to a letter from Starmer isn’t a high priority. He’s now assured he doesn’t need to as whatever he shares confidentially with him won’t remain that way. Shameful from Starmer.

I'd rather pin my trust on Johnny Johnson and the Bandwagon, rather than Boris Johnson and his bandwagon .................not so much Breaking down the walls of heartache, and more Blame it on the Pony (and trap) Express.
;)

I expected it from Steptoe, you wouldn’t trust him to run a bath. However I did expect a former solicitor to have more cognisance of the need for confidentiality. Sending what he says is a confidential letter then moments later publishing it is just proof he can’t be trusted. I honestly expected better. New Labour leader, same old problems.

I’m surprised you don’t know the answer. Scrap that, I’m not.

........and still no answer .......... you're getting more like Johnson every day. ;)

Except it it’s not indefensible, you just want it to be as it supports your narrative. I think you’ve been seduced by twitter and have forgotten alternative opinions and views are allowed in this country..

I'm not attacking your opinions at all .......... just the handling of this situation by our gang of muppets in charge.

Or maybe he’s been busy dealing with a national crisis and is prioritising. And I’m guessing responding to a letter from Starmer isn’t a high priority. He’s now assured he doesn’t need to as whatever he shares confidentially with him won’t remain that way. Shameful from Starmer..

He's been too busy helping protect his puppeteer you mean.

You blame Starmer for not being more supportive, but when he does offer help, it's just ignored. I don't blame him for being pissed off.

I expected it from Steptoe, you wouldn’t trust him to run a bath. However I did expect a former solicitor to have more cognisance of the need for confidentiality. Sending what he says is a confidential letter then moments later publishing it is just proof he can’t be trusted. I honestly expected better. New Labour leader, same old problems.

You do realise that it wasn't confidential in a security sense .......... merely a gesture to protect Johnson from any embarrassment by having to either accept or decline the offer in public. That's all. Nothing at all wrong in Starmer making it public ........especially when Johnson was getting uppity about Starmer not being supportive. Johnson continually puts 'em on a plate for Starmer to put in the back of the net.

World beating test, track and trace system ........ doing wonderfully ........ but we've no (publicised) data to show.

We've gone from early 70s soul to mid 80s soft rock ................ Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.

Shame old crap, how about
saying something about all these idiots in London and other city’s protesting. They will be spreading this more than any thing. Same locally have the police gone in hiding groups of youths everywhere. It’s a British thing we don’t like being told what to do Only good thing for the NHS. Sat nights now are a safe and nice to work. No drunken idiots to see

and still no answer .......... you're getting more like Johnson every day. ;)

There’s no answer because there was no question in that article. Aside from the time he was hospitalised and recuperating the Pm has been in direct control, other than that Raab. I thought you’d know that, but it seems I was wrong. My bad.

I'm not attacking your opinions at all .

stating ‘defending the indefensible’ would suggest otherwise.

He's been too busy helping protect his puppeteer you mean.

You blame Starmer for not being more supportive, but when he does offer help, it's just ignored. I don't blame him for being pissed off.

Back to moaning about Cummings I see. It must pain you that he didn’t cave to a pitchfork waving hysterical mob.

In regards Starmer I’ve come to realise he’d be no help at all. I suspect the PM has reached the same conclusion. So yes I suspect Starmer is pissed off if he’s realised that as well.

You do realise that it wasn't confidential in a security sense .......... merely a gesture to protect Johnson from any embarrassment by having to either accept or decline the offer in public. That's all. Nothing at all wrong in Starmer making it public ........especially when Johnson was getting uppity about Starmer not being supportive. Johnson continually puts 'em on a plate for Starmer to put in the back of the net.

World beating test, track and trace system ........ doing wonderfully ........ but we've no (publicised) data to show.

We've gone from early 70s soul to mid 80s soft rock ................ Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.

Starmer shot himself in the foot. Complaining about a confidential document that his aides released before he left the chamber. It was a gesture all right, an own goal of the most comical proportions.

Shame old crap, how about
saying something about all these idiots in London and other city’s protesting. They will be spreading this more than any thing. Same locally have the police gone in hiding groups of youths everywhere. It’s a British thing we don’t like being told what to do Only good thing for the NHS. Sat nights now are a safe and nice to work. No drunken idiots to see

The left wing media won’t dare suggest that or criticise those failing to adhere to guidelines. They will complain and blame the government in a months time if any spike is associated with it however.

Pity Beth Rigby didn’t ask about this mass breach at the press conference. Though she did ask if Boris had spoken to the President about it - which was fuck all to do with the purpose of the press conference on Covid 19.