So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 149 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

I'm reading that there's also a backstory with Whitty and Vallance. Both were at No 10 in time for the briefing, but then neither appeared.

Were they not on board with the next stage of easement, or is it Cummings related? .........or, summat else, obviously.

The response was:
No 10 sources say that as questions to the PM were likely to be on the main political topic of the day (I presume they mean Cummings?), they didn’t feel it was necessary to have CMO and CSA up at the podiums. Not yet clear who took the decision to move them to the subs bench.
Nowt to see.

Spain drops it's death toll by 2,000 says Spanish travel minister Senor Gerry Mandering. Hmmm :hmmm:.....just as it's trying to open it's holiday resorts up again. When we do get back to Benidorm it will be interesting to see if some of the ignorant bastards behind the bars straighten their faces or not.

I'll give it a miss till a vaccine is found.

Actually looking forward to a holiday in blighty this year...might have a ride down to Devon and Cornwall, there's nowhere nicer. A few days in Wales on way back.

It's now obvious Cummings won't resign or be sacked, The Tory majority has ensured that, surely now the TV and press should start looking at other things going on, the PM yesterday announced some pretty major re openings for next week and two weeks after that, but barely a mention from the press! These moves will have a massive amount more effect on the British public than the Cummings incident, All shops open by June 15th seems crazy to me when the infections daily are still around 4k!The likes of Primark, Next etc will be rammed! But the media have paid scant regard to these moves!

Testing his eyesight - seems he didn’t have an accident and was able to drive home so all was good.
Driving in what manner? Care to elaborate?
Sacked for what bad judgement? Ensuring he was safe to embark on a long journey?

I agree on the bull shit over his defence - spread by the pack of rabid journalists with their verbal diarrhoea. Still it’ll be good for the roses in the garden.
Happy to elaborate - he should not have driven at all to "test his eyes" the action of doing this invalidates insurance and is not at the descretion of the individual. If he had concerns over his vision and fitness to drive a doctor visit and sign off is required. It's like driving after 10 pints to find out if you are sober enough to drive !
The fact it didn't result in an accident is a moot point.

Testing his eyesight - seems he didn’t have an accident and was able to drive home so all was good.
Driving in what manner? Care to elaborate?
Sacked for what bad judgement? Ensuring he was safe to embark on a long journey?

I agree on the bull shit over his defence - spread by the pack of rabid journalists with their verbal diarrhoea. Still it’ll be good for the roses in the garden.
Also taking a drive through winding country lanes between Durham and Barnard Castle is hardly the best way to test if you are fit to drive on a motorway for 4 hours.
Surely a blast down the A1M would have been a better option for the "test" not that it should have been done at all.
Thing is Scotch Corner services doesn't have a castle or a nice lake 😉

It's now obvious Cummings won't resign or be sacked, The Tory majority has ensured that, surely now the TV and press should start looking at other things going on, the PM yesterday announced some pretty major re openings for next week and two weeks after that, but barely a mention from the press! These moves will have a massive amount more effect on the British public than the Cummings incident, All shops open by June 15th seems crazy to me when the infections daily are still around 4k!The likes of Primark, Next etc will be rammed! But the media have paid scant regard to these moves!
Quite correct exiled - seems the economy has transitioned to being more important than peoples lives.
Personally i will be avoiding, maintaining social distancing and staying home as much as possible until the effects of these rule changes become apparent.

Moonays quiet int he ?... he's either preparing tea or he's off looking for Moot Point which he's convinced is a local beauty spot.

PS....it's nowhere near Moot Hall in Wiggin.

Not to talk about ........ yet.

I see that Cummings has been sussed for amending his blog after he came back from Durham, to show that he "predicted" the pandemic last year .......... but it just shows he's a lying shit, which we already know, so no point linking it.

Now, Devon and Cornwall ......with you 100%. Gorgeous places. We used to go to Combe Martin (North Devon) when the kids were little. Beautiful.

Thing is, all the "conga" and "oops upside yer 'ead" merchants will also be having the same idea. :mad:

Edit - Don't forget Dorset too ....... lovely.

Why would the press / TV report on such major issues as shops reopening when they arr far far too busy looking for the next scapegoat / poss scandal to be uncovered???? Eased Lockdown way too early imo & fear for a dreaded 2nd spike.
Thought Sturgeon would have had a pop at the reopening of shops down here like she did when BJ announced easing Lockdown!!

Just say DC decided to resign,would that be the end of the matter?? - would it balls, the next step from the press, media & experts on here would be a call for BJ to be sacked as he didn't sack DC, then they'd move on for the next scapegoat / head to hunt!!

To be fair Jock, given Johnson's eye-wateringly blinkered defence of Cummings (not just over this, but also over the sacking of Sajid Javid's SpAd, and his susbsequent resignation), it's fairly clear what should happen. Johnson has tied himself so tightly to Cummings that he'd have little choice but to offer his own resignation.

We're starting to open up ........ test/track/trace/isolate isn't fully in place ........ beaches, parks and beauty posts seem to have irresistible pulls....... the government need to move on quickly, and while this drags on, they can't do that.

Why would the press / TV report on such major issues as shops reopening when they arr far far too busy looking for the next scapegoat / poss scandal to be uncovered???? Eased Lockdown way too early imo & fear for a dreaded 2nd spike.
Thought Sturgeon would have had a pop at the reopening of shops down here like she did when BJ announced easing Lockdown!!

So surely Jock ....... you're not happy with Johnson and Cummings strategy to start easement. Do you think they're winging it?

Personally, from what I've heard about the rules around what shops will need to do, I Think that will be reasonably safe ......so long as we all maintain social distancing.

The issue is that social gatherings will start up again ......social distancing gets forgotten ........ welcome to 2nd wave.

It's such a shame there is so much time spent on the actions of this idiot. He is an idiot in the same vein as the thousands not socially distancing on the beach, in supermarkets where they walk right across you and in public parks totally oblivious to anyone else.
All these pricks take away the focus from the number of daily deaths decreasing, the number of new cases decreasing, the number of Covid patients in hospital and the number of ICU beds taken up.
Not that the BBC, Guardian and Mirror are going to say much about that anyway.

Just about the best post you've ever written that I reckon Jeff. ;)

For what it's worth, I completely agree...........except for the bit about the Beeb, Guradian and Mirror not saying much about the reduction in deaths ...... I think they've reported that fairly........... but this is completely unrelated.

The thing is, the more it carries on, the worse the wounds will be ........and the irony is that they're all self inflicted.

I used to visit regularly to Moray (Elgin, Forres, Nairn) with work. Their MP has shown character, integrity and solidarity. Well done Mr Ross.

Virtue signalling idiot.

Dominic Cummings uncle died and neither he or his family could attend his funeral - which seems exactly the same as this guys constituents who are up in arms. Nor has he visited sick relatives. It seems the fake news is alive in well in Moray and the residents none too bright.

And a second one .... former Chief Whip to boot .....

Ah, an arch remoaner. Didn't this chap have the humiliation of being sacked by the inept May? Didn’t he also fail in his leadership bid? Says he’s never met him, which I guess shows how insignificant in the Tory Party he is.

Apologies for the Brexit reference .........

Not sure why, it’s all about brexit.

Happy to elaborate - he should not have driven at all to "test his eyes" the action of doing this invalidates insurance and is not at the descretion of the individual. If he had concerns over his vision and fitness to drive a doctor visit and sign off is required. It's like driving after 10 pints to find out if you are sober enough to drive !
The fact it didn't result in an accident is a moot point.

Why not? Does it specifically say this in his insurance policy? Testing his fitness to drive a long distance, which is what he was doing, is perfectly acceptable and far different than testing his fitness to drive full stop.

Also taking a drive through winding country lanes between Durham and Barnard Castle is hardly the best way to test if you are fit to drive on a motorway for 4 hours.
Surely a blast down the A1M would have been a better option for the "test" not that it should have been done at all.
Thing is Scotch Corner services doesn't have a castle or a nice lake 😉

So you’re concerned about him driving but want him to ‘blast’ down an A road???