So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 143 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

I’m finding the whole thing a little uncomfortable. When you boil it down the whole situation is utterly ridiculous given the ‘allegations’. Man safeguarded family due to bitter loons harassing them and isolated in a property due to illness and to ensure his child had available child care if needed. All within the law (maybe the castle trip is questionable) and all whilst adhering to social witness guidelines. Yet he’s having to give a press conference explaining how his 4 year old had to take a piss at the roadside. State of the press and some sections of society in this country is really appalling.

OLFE - are you related to MiW, bringing Brexit into everything?

Hindley - 3 1/2 mins each ? ...... only time for 8. That said, I'd do all 10 together, so only 3 1/2 mins.

Walgarth - ......says him, who's come on here to post that others shouldn't come on here & post ! :LOL:

He hit the nail on the head. He should have said this straight away.

Dates - OK
Didn't stop - OK
Driving to hospital !!!!! - not sure about that. This was the key reason why we shouldn't travel ....... placing demand on NHS outside our home location. .....plus he should hvae been isolating .......why didn't his sister go?
Barnard Castle - sounds like some of the denials were incorrect
He got medical advice before returning home ........ didn't get it before going to Durham though !
Before returning home, he sought advice about childcare - not sure why he didn't do that before he went.
Couldn't his wife drive home? ...... not sure if she drives or not.

All in all ......... he went as a precaution .......as it happened, it wasn't necessary (though he wasn't to know that) ........... seemingly didn't endanger anyone else - expect possibly during the wife/kid's visit to hospital ............ went back to London and didn't return

He's a little arrogant, and there's no doubt that he's not helped the government's message with his behaviour. Resign?.........up to his conscience. On the other hand, it's amazing that Johnson seems willing to risk so much to keep him.

All avoidable. Still think his wife's account in the Spectator was misleading.

Move on I suppose, but what a f*cking palaver about a bloody advisor !!!

Spot on MIW and Hindleymon
However, I don't think Mr Cummings is making himself look too good with the writing of notes and not making direct eye contact.
Most of the journalists have nothing in the way of evidence and are on a fishing trip.
I reckon one of the women thinks that they have something up their sleeve for the rest of the week.

And to moaning moonay .... it has everything to do with what is going on.

If he was sneaking away to bonk another person who happened to be in an open relationship .... he should be hung out to dry.
I'd like to see Boris showing some gumption this week too.

And to moaning moonay .... it has everything to do with what is going on.

If he was sneaking away to bonk another person who happened to be in an open relationship .... he should be hung out to dry.
I'd like to see Boris showing some gumption this week too.

Aah....."jovial" nicknames ...... you are related to MiW ! ;) (Thought you were above that kind of thing).

Brexit is nowt to do with it ........ there's only you making that link.

If you want Johnson to show gumption, then you'll have a damn sight longer wait than we had for this press conference !

But like I said it’s two separate issues. The initial journey then the day trip. Whether he should still have been isolating is irrelevant - even if he didn’t need to, the law would still prohibit that 30 mile visit without lawful excuse.

Even MiW has said he will stop defending him now, after Cummings has confirmed the trip.

OLFE - are you related to MiW, bringing Brexit into everything?

Hindley - 3 1/2 mins each ? ...... only time for 8. That said, I'd do all 10 together, so only 3 1/2 mins.

Walgarth - ......says him, who's come on here to post that others shouldn't come on here & post ! :LOL:

He hit the nail on the head. He should have said this straight away.

Dates - OK
Didn't stop - OK
Driving to hospital !!!!! - not sure about that. This was the key reason why we shouldn't travel ....... placing demand on NHS outside our home location. .....plus he should hvae been isolating .......why didn't his sister go?
Barnard Castle - sounds like some of the denials were incorrect
He got medical advice before returning home ........ didn't get it before going to Durham though !
Before returning home, he sought advice about childcare - not sure why he didn't do that before he went.
Couldn't his wife drive home? ...... not sure if she drives or not.

All in all ......... he went as a precaution .......as it happened, it wasn't necessary (though he wasn't to know that) ........... seemingly didn't endanger anyone else - expect possibly during the wife/kid's visit to hospital ............ went back to London and didn't return

He's a little arrogant, and there's no doubt that he's not helped the government's message with his behaviour. Resign?.........up to his conscience. On the other hand, it's amazing that Johnson seems willing to risk so much to keep him.

All avoidable. Still think his wife's account in the Spectator was misleading.

Move on I suppose, but what a f*cking palaver about a bloody advisor !!!

Not going through all those points, but..

Re the hospital trip - far safer he collected them as there would no exposure to another household (namely his sister if you think she should have collected them) and as he said he was in car.

BC trip - somewhat iffy, you shouldn’t be driving to test ones eyesight.

Spectator account - dealt with.

Started off shaky with the questions but improved and answers seem genuine. He’s an advisor not a politician so I’m not expecting an expert public speaker. Plus he’s in a press conference with the nations glare on him. If he wasn’t nervous I’d be surprised and concerned. Admits he makes mistakes and has done since January - fair play - given the crisis I’m sure he has.

Personally I’m satisfied, he left due to harassment and abuse and needed to safeguard his child. The gutter press have had their day in the sun (literally) and given him a grilling and made him uncomfortable. Grounds for dismissal? I’d say not. He’s not going to resign, he’s not going to be sacked and so it’s time to move on.

Just a shame he couldn’t clarify in what context the terms family and home couldn’t be used 😉

Anyway .................. with the horses doovers out of the way, it'll be interesting to see how the main course goes with Boris.

I believe it's a three course affair : .......... Johnson on toast,, followed by Fried Johnson, finishing off with Johnson Word Salad.

Scrumptious.

It's a good job the 1 hour round trip to Barnard Castle didn't turn out to be several hours and also a good job that the 12th April doesn't happen to be his wifes Birthday. Could have been rather embarrassing if that was the case!

Follow on questions:

What if, when having reached Barnard Castle, Cummings decided that his eyes were too bad to drive ................ how was he going to get back to Durham?

Why did he/Johnson allow the No 10 comms team to deny the Durham police story (ta MiW).

Had he/Johnson spoken to the Met Police re his security worries before leaving to Durham?

What does he/Johnson think would have been the impact had everybody who thought they and their wife might be infected done the same thing, and driven around the country?

I'm a little bit "meh", with it .......... but watching the news channels, this is not done by a long chalk.