Coronavirus | Page 233 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I think I've got it now... Stay alert. If not staying home. Stay home if not being alert. Go to work. If not working at home. Work from home if possible. If not working from home don't use public transport to get to work. Even though public transport is available. At work do work. Safely. In a socially distanced manner. Where possible. If not possible do some other thing. Don't work at work if work is closed which lots of work is because work isn't reopening if work is one of the places of work we were told to close. After work play sport and sunbathe but only with people you live with not people you work with. Unless you live with someone you work with. Or work with someone you live with. Stay alert for the alert system which will wave about madly on a dial between green and red where red means everyone is dead. If you are sufficiently alert you might be allowed to be less alert after the 1st of June. But likely everyone will go mad on Wednesday and the needle will lurch to orange so being alert will revert to stay home and it's back to March 23rd. So, stay home. No, hang on, stay alert. Not home. But you should stay home. Unless you're at work.
Thanks for clearing that up @Melon Donkey :thumbup:

I'd want to leave this feckless country if I could. My only way out of this is to vote Labour (now they are back to 'my' party) in 4 or so years.

I’ve always thanked my lucky stars that my grandparents moved from mid-wales to the good side of the border back in the 40’s, this being one of the few times I wouldn’t mind being in Wales.

FFS :slap:

Asked if someone could meet more than two people at different times, for example their mother in the morning and father in the afternoon, Mr Raab said: "Outside in the outdoors, staying 2m apart, yes."

However, the UK government put out a clarification saying people can only meet one person outside at a time - not two people, such as both parents, at the same time.

It comes after Mr Raab incorrectly told the Today programme that someone could meet both their parents at the same time "if there's 2m apart".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52612449

FFS :slap:

Asked if someone could meet more than two people at different times, for example their mother in the morning and father in the afternoon, Mr Raab said: "Outside in the outdoors, staying 2m apart, yes."

However, the UK government put out a clarification saying people can only meet one person outside at a time - not two people, such as both parents, at the same time.

It comes after Mr Raab incorrectly told the Today programme that someone could meet both their parents at the same time "if there's 2m apart".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52612449

They don't even understand their own rules (I assume more and more, they weren't fully consulted) so how on earth is everyone else meant to?

Utterly farcical isn't it? If it wasn't so damn serious, it would be funny how inept they are.

I like the fact, at last, there is a bit of a timetable here, bit of light at the end of 'each' tunnel if you like.

Wonder when Bullshit Boris will next do a daily briefing, said a lot that yesterdays 'thing' was pre-recorded.

A poll in one of the papers asked if the government should stick with the status quo, 1500 people questioned only 4% said it should change 1440 wanted it to remain as it currently is until the figures were below the required R= -1%

Fucking clown, Nicola Crankie will be beating Boris with this stick until the cows come home.

They don't even understand their own rules (I assume more and more, they weren't fully consulted) so how on earth is everyone else meant to?

Utterly farcical isn't it? If it wasn't so damn serious, it would be funny how inept they are.

Making it up as they go along.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Boris did this on his own with the help of Cummings. The cabinet are now making things up and they are retro fitting the finer details of it.

I have a similar situation where our MD who has a sizeable ego and likes to make decisions which us minions have to retro fit. Powerful people with egos are fucking dangerous

Last edited:
The nice thing with this though Dan, is if they do make mistakes, it is only a few thousand lives at risk, nothing major.

:shake:

Agree, unfortunately people need to be told. It’s actually quite natural to fit into a hierarchy and have a leader telling you what to do, but modern day PC shit doesn’t suggest it, even though billions of years of evolution does.

I wouldn’t mind if thousands died of their own stupidity however it’s the hundreds of medical professionals, bus drivers and other essential workers who are forced to be in contact with these people who then die I struggle with.

Last edited: