Liam Scully: Abandoning League One Season Will Cost Club £900k | Vital Football

Liam Scully: Abandoning League One Season Will Cost Club £900k

Would not take the the money. Can see some would need to.

Same here, luckily I don’t need the money back but many will. If 50% can go without taking the money then that will be good for the club but certainly won’t have any I’ll feeling against those that cannot afford it

Add in the lost Bury game and that's £1m+.

I can't imagine many, if any, would ask for a refund. If they did, that's possible another £300k or so? All comes down to individual circumstances obviously.

How many home games were left? Five I think.
So do we make nigh on £200k per home game?

How much of that £900k is Liam counting as season ticket refunds as I'm pretty sure not one season ticket holder would expect any refund.

(And a rough calculation...6000 fans x 5 games x £10 average ticket = £300k).

What about the boxes? Could those companies who have them be generous and still pay for them (or not want refunds if already paid for)? Appreciate that of course some of those companies may well themselves be in the doodoo right now and generosity therefore impossible.

Other things like perimeter adverts, I think it likely no refunds would be expected on those.

So its possible Liam could knock off maybe £400k off his losses figure.

But that still leaves upwards of half a million loss. Would the club actually prefer then that all remaining games get played whenever that may be possible? Be it September or December or whenever??

I've no desire for any refund on this season. However, I am interested in what may happen with next season (whenever that may be) and the advanced purchase of that ST many of us made.

Well you have season ticket and commercial package partial refunds included in that figure as well as lost of POTD revenue. As far as the partial refunds are concerned,the hope has to be that the vast majority of supporters forgoe this. Obviously not everyone will be able to do so but it is certainly worth the club making a request.

I'm pretty sure not one season ticket holder would expect any refund.
It would be great if that were the case, but just can't think that will happen. I shan't ask for or expect one, but there are many people for whom every penny is important right now. As Sincilbanks says above, it is imperative that no-one is criticised or negatively labelled if they do ask for a refund.

I have faith that only those that genuinely need it will ask for it, but can see plenty of people that will need it.

Absolutely what everyone else has said on this. Everyone has different circumstances and should not be castigated if they look for a refund. I buy on a match by match basis and have tickets for the Coventry game which I won't cash in but anyone who does I have no problem with

We paid £249 for jic season ticket way back in February 2019 I think, so that's around £10.82 for a 23 game or £11.32 a game for what turned out to be a 22 game season.
What happens if we can't go to games for the first half of next season? 4000 season ticket holders entitled to half their money back if people aren't allowed in the ground until January could get very messy and potentially bankrupt the club and a few others if people take a refund.

The current situation will put many season ticket holders in financial difficulties- furlough, loss of job or business.

No time to be judgemental about 'loyalty' or otherwise.
Indeed it would appear furloughing is being reduced to 60% which could force more people back to work as they'll have no option other than go back to work.
I fear that the second wave of the virus could be worse as more and more people are meeting up etc.

Absolutely what everyone else has said on this. Everyone has different circumstances and should not be castigated if they look for a refund. I buy on a match by match basis and have tickets for the Coventry game which I won't cash in but anyone who does I have no problem with
Same here. I was going to book Bolton away as well but I thought I'd do pay on the day. I'm glad I waited now, but no probs leaving the money with our club.