Coronavirus | Page 210 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Last edited:
Aer Lingus doing their bit to help spread the virus.

Aer Lingus has said it is reviewing procedures on its Belfast to London flights following a claim it was not observing social-distancing measures.
Passenger Sean Mallon took photos on a flight to Heathrow on Monday, showing most passengers sitting close together.
Almost every seat was occupied and there was "no social distancing whatsoever," said Mr Mallon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-52539141

Clearing out the protestants for our eventual crusade across the north and into England. We need room for all these quarantine babies we're about to have!

Trump is waving the white flag to the virus. In fairness, America doesn't have the healthcare infrastructure to deal with a pandemic. They don't have the social welfare system or solidarity to deal with the effects of the recession either.

Still, the choice is not lives vs the economy. It's lives vs lives and the economy. They are going to get the worst of both worlds now.

I used to think Obama was a bad President for blowing up schools and weddings with drone strikes. Lol

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/05/trump-coronavirus-taskforce-pence-us-death-toll

So the bloke who recommended social distancing etc causing an economic meltdown and financial hardship for millions of people has gone against his own advice.

Makes Jack look like an angel tbh . I suppose the arrogance of these people who expect us to do as they say not as they do makes them oblivious to real life.

That is a national disgrace.

So the bloke who recommended social distancing etc causing an economic meltdown and financial hardship for millions of people has gone against his own advice.

Makes Jack look like an angel tbh . I suppose the arrogance of these people who expect us to do as they say not as they do makes them oblivious to real life.

That is a national disgrace.

Well we could have always had a few hundred thousand deaths instead? I don't quite understand this point.

Social distancing was absolutely necessary to reduce the spread and to conserve resources within the health care system. This guy not following his own advice has nothing to do with that, he's just a bellend.

I do have some great reservations with some of the 'science' being put forward at times, such as the stance on masks, which I believe to be ill conceived and designed to prevent a broader run on PPE by the public, but social distancing is completely sound in it's thinking.

Well we could have always had a few hundred thousand deaths instead? I don't quite understand this point.

Social distancing was absolutely necessary to reduce the spread and to conserve resources within the health care system. This guy not following his own advice has nothing to do with that, he's just a bellend.

You miss my point I am all for the social distancing measures and exercise the discipline it involves. This bloke was duty bound to lead by example. and clearly thought he was above what us minnions have to do.

I do have some great reservations with some of the 'science' being put forward at times, such as the stance on masks, which I believe to be ill conceived and designed to prevent a broader run on PPE by the public, but social distancing is completely sound in it's thinking.

My Mrs being an ex-nurse gets very wound up about people in gloves and masks as they are supposed to be changed often not worn for hours. People touch their face with gloves on because they think they are safe when actually they have been everywhere with gloves on touching all and sundry even their masks, Masks are good for about 15 mins.
I get that they make people feel safe but really it's a false sense of security

You miss my point I am all for the social distancing measures and exercise the discipline it involves. This bloke was duty bound to lead by example. and clearly thought he was above what us minnions have to do.

Oh yes mate I agree it doesn't take much to give the nob heads and excuse to break lockdown.
50% of the people seem to be looking for a loophole to break it. That's the impression I get.

Oh yes mate I agree it doesn't take much to give the nob heads and excuse to break lockdown.
50% of the people seem to be looking for a loophole to break it. That's the impression I get.

Yup. Had a few cross words with a mate yesterday. He is a prolific marathon runner and told me he went out and ran the marathon distance on Sunday. Took him 3.5 hours and when I said it was against Government guidelines he said that all they said was exercise for a "reasonable period of time". He failed to mention the bit where it said an hour is deemed as reasonable , but like you say if there are loopholes people will exploit them for their own selfish ends.

Yup. Had a few cross words with a mate yesterday. He is a prolific marathon runner and told me he went out and ran the marathon distance on Sunday. Took him 3.5 hours and when I said it was against Government guidelines he said that all they said was exercise for a "reasonable period of time". He failed to mention the bit where it said an hour is deemed as reasonable , but like you say if there are loopholes people will exploit them for their own selfish ends.

They don't grasp that if we all went out for 3.5 hours there would be more people outside than there is on a normal day when people are at work.

They don't grasp that if we all went out for 3.5 hours there would be more people outside than there is on a normal day when people are at work.

Pretty much what I said. All he kept coming back with was "Tell me where it says I can't run for 3.5 hours." Totally oblivious to any sort of responsibility.

Pretty much what I said. All he kept coming back with was "Tell me where it says I can't run for 3.5 hours." Totally oblivious to any sort of responsibility.

Perhaps you have to pass a law for some folks and even then there is an element who have no regard for that either

Looks likely Germany are coming strongly out of the lockdown , bars , cafes , restaurants likely to be open in the coming weeks. A country with so many land borders they've handled this incredibly well by comparison.
What are we a month / 2 months behind them in terms of progress?

Why cant I go fishing of an isolated rock on my own on the Cornish coast, just down the road, when half of bloody London seems to stroll around the park, run, go food and diy shopping come out clapping on a Thursday night when social distancing goes out the window and boat loads of illegal immigrants coming across from France arent even tested.
Pissed off, the whole things a farce.
Rant over.

Why cant I go fishing of an isolated rock on my own on the Cornish coast, just down the road, when half of bloody London seems to stroll around the park, run, go food and diy shopping come out clapping on a Thursday night when social distancing goes out the window and boat loads of illegal immigrants coming across from France arent even tested.
Pissed off, the whole things a farce.
Rant over.

Yup. We seem to be going more down the USA route than Germany or South Korea.

They would argue others would then start doing the same, driving down and fishing in the isolated spots I guess but point understood totally.

The lack of communication and the total farce it all appears, the highest death toll (figures are a bit up and down and open to question but even still we aren't looking good on this) has angered me.

They have treated us with contempt, as usual, and the adviser as above not following the advice, following on from our hapless PM not following it, is a disgrace.