Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 15 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Coutinho went to Barca from Liverpool for £ 142 mil. Bayern have an option to buy him for € 132 mil I think after the loan period.
I doubt we would have got anywhere near that level of bid unless Kane was going.
The way its turned out it seems we dodged a bullet....one we should stay dodged from perhaps ?

I've always maintained that next season will be his last with us, but with the market/game in the mess it is, I have no idea now as funding deals if the second payment from the media companies is withheld or severely reduced (as seems likely) there will be few (if any) big ticket deals. One agent I know is adamant that the market is so restricted on cash, we may not see one deal over 10-15 mill for a year of so.

Who knows what the impact will be of the coronavirus problem (especially if it lasts beyond the summer), together with the imminent oil crisis, for clubs, transfer amounts and salaries of the players and the technical staff.
Perhaps significant changes are imminent.
Many clubs are already reviewing their budgets.

Kanes criteria for staying......the club continues to move in the right direction....not a lot to ask really. Some good signings and investment into the squad.

Two windows of inactivity. A summer window that yielded little followed by the January of Gedson and Bergwijn !!

Not exactly pushing forward is it ?

Kanes criteria for staying......the club continues to move in the right direction....not a lot to ask really. Some good signings and investment into the squad.

Two windows of inactivity. A summer window that yielded little followed by the January of Gedson and Bergwijn !!

Not exactly pushing forward is it ?
Think that he's pretty much indicating that he's off, but given his relationship with the Club and the fans, he'll never come right out and say it. Don't expect however that he'll be playing in a Spurs shirt whenever next season starts.

Surely 2 problems with a Kane leaving....liquidity in the transfer market as EX has indicated and the fact he hadn’t been able to play a full season for the last two/three seasons.
Fair comment. I think that there will still be plenty of interest in him, but probably at nowhere near the price the Club would have expected for him if he opted to leave.

I really wouldn't believe everything you read; 90% of what you do is utter B/S, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that we never ever came to an agreement with Countinho, his agent or Barca for him; and be aware I say, 'never reached an agreement'.

He had no interest at the time in returning to the PL, so it's all complete and utter shite.

You're stepping carefully among the glass shards here....

To suggest, that at one time, we didn't have an "agreement" with Barca over him isn't completely accurate, we never signed anything before they (as they seem to do) changed the "agreement". The player's terms were not a problem.

There's never been any issue with the player/agent & Levy.

The setup he was being sold is now different. Not sure if it's attractive anymore.

Prior to the loan to Bayern, the player's preference was 100% to return to the Prem.

You're stepping carefully among the glass shards here....

To suggest, that at one time, we didn't have an "agreement" with Barca over him isn't completely accurate, we never signed anything before they (as they seem to do) changed the "agreement". The player's terms were not a problem.

There's never been any issue with the player/agent & Levy.

The setup he was being sold is now different. Not sure if it's attractive anymore.

Prior to the loan to Bayern, the player's preference was 100% to return to the Prem.

X, I promise you we never ever had an agreement with anyone over him - never.

Sounds like Levy is expecting the market for transfers to be non-existent, pretty much exactly as I expect it to be.

This thread can be demoted now.

it's going to make our revival a non-starter and perversely could make Kane's departure more likely if there is a wealthy club willing to take on more debt and make a decent offer I can imaqine it would appeal to Levy....money to help reduce debt and outgoings with a top earner off the books....it's going to be interesting..

it's going to make our revival a non-starter and perversely could make Kane's departure more likely if there is a wealthy club willing to take on more debt and make a decent offer I can imaqine it would appeal to Levy....money to help reduce debt and outgoings with a top earner off the books....it's going to be interesting..

Far from it, I can only see upside on the playing side for us in the short term i.e. next season.

There won't be a club who'll be doing anything big next summer unless all the leagues are playing again. My director friend at one of the companies paying for footie seems convinced that what they will end up paying given that the leagues will be in breach of contract, is going to be greatly reduced, with his cohorts across the World (overseas rights) refusing to pay a penny.

If we sold Harry, my guess is we'd be lucky to get 40 mill for him, so we wouldn't sell, it would hurt us more than getting such a paltry sum - and set against our debt by then, wouldn't even pay the stadium maintenance bills whilst in lockdown!

Two very different views about the 'summer market'....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...r-says-manchester-united-could-pick-transfer/

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Manchester United could pick off transfer targets after coronavirus crisis

But Bundesliga chief executive predicts market will collapse over the summer

By James Ducker, Northern Football Correspondent 8 April 2020 • 3:32pm
Premium

TELEMMGLPICT000229257229_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqnovVTiJx1-CJOCPnC8SeZ7bZz3uglRwWamDyUxsJkNc.jpegimwidth=480

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said that Manchester United could be well placed to "exploit" any opportunities in the transfer market Credit: PA

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes Manchester United will be well placed to “exploit” any transfer market opportunities brought about by the coronavirus crisis.
But the United manager’s provocative comments came as the chief executive of Germany’s Bundesliga warned that the transfer market could “collapse” in the short-term as the global pandemic takes it toll.

Solskjaer believes some clubs may be forced to offload players to ease financial problems in the wake of the chaos that United - England’s biggest and richest side - could take advantage of.
Jack Grealish, the Aston Villa playmaker, and Birmingham City midfielder, Jude Bellingham, are two of United’s leading targets in addition to the Borussia Dortmund and England winger, Jadon Sancho.

“Who knows how the market is going to react to this?” the United manager said when asked in an interview with Gary Neville for Sky Sports whether the club could “exploit” the market. “Who knows which clubs need to sell players?
TELEMMGLPICT000227408861_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqBkgTubK2nUGJfXAw3Hj_sHdPYRjgfD-mIEJt7w0iV5Q.jpegimwidth=480

Grealish is one of Manchester United's targets Credit: CameraSport
“There might just be a situation there where you can exploit, and I know that we at Man United are one of the biggest, and the biggest, financially well-off.
“I’m sure we are capable, when we get back to normality, that we can do the business that we want to.”

How Solskjaer’s remarks are received among struggling clubs and beyond remains to be seen as the country fights to avoid the spread of the deadly Covid-19 virus. Neville has since said he should not have used the word “exploit” in his question.

But the Norwegian said he and his staff had been using the time afforded by the national lockdown to run the rule over potential targets and assess his own squad to ensure United are ready if and when football does resume.
“Football is going to get back to normality at one point, and it’s very important we’re ready when that happens,” Solskjaer said.
“We want to be the best at everything, and of course now is a chance to spend more time - you discuss players, discuss plans.

“We’ve evaluated what we need, of course with the coaching staff we’ve looked at games, evaluated games, discussing on videos calls like this.”
Solskjaer’s views on the transfer market came as Christian Seifert, the chief executive officer of the Bundesliga, predicted the short-term collapse of the global £6 billion transfer market. Seifert does not believe clubs will be in a position to buy and sell freely after a crisis that could potentially cost the entire football industry billions.

Christian Seifert believes a transfer market "will not exist" in the short term

“In the short term I would say the transfer market this summer will not exist, it will collapse,” he told the New York Times. “Some agents will suddenly understand that they will have to work hard, or at least work; some leagues will understand that money is nothing that is coming automatically every month from heaven.”
German clubs have managed to avoid the ugly dispute that has flared over player wage cuts in the Premier League. Players and clubs negotiated directly in Germany which has led to footballers with the biggest teams agreeing to reduce their salaries by between 20 and 30 per cent and those at smaller sides by 10 per cent. “To be honest, I didn’t understand the discussions in other countries because from the very beginning clubs were talking with their players about it,” Seifert said.

Seifert estimates that not finishing the Bundesliga season would cost around £660 million but hopes that, with the top two divisions returning to training this week under strict health protocols, the Bundesliga may be in a position to resume games behind closed doors by the start of next month and conclude the campaign before June 30.

The Premier League seems unlikely to return until June or July at the earliest but Solskjaer believes that would at least provide the likes of Marcus Rashford and Paul Pogba - out with injuries since January - to play a “bigger part in this season than they had hoped”.

“Maybe they’ve got more motivation to keep going now, as they can see when they’re back they may be on the same level or even a better level physically,” Solskjaer said.

Meanwhile, Solskjaer has sent a heartfelt message of condolence to Manchester City Pep Guardiola, whose mother, Dolors Sala Carrio, passed away on Monday after contracting the coronavirus.

“We all think about him, of course, and his family,” Solskjaer said. “It just goes to show that we have to [make the most of it] when we have the chance to spend time with our loved ones. And for me Pep is such a fantastic human-being and a manager, and one that I’ve admired for many, many years.

“I just hope that he can take care, and look after himself and look after his own family in this difficult, difficult period, because you don’t wish that on anyone.”

The one club sitting on a pile of cash that could ride this out is of course, Manure and I also believe the bin dippers. interestingly ManCity are not sitting on large cash reserves...leicester still look flush, but after that, it's almost anyone's guess.