The player who left thread | Page 197 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

What a ******. Easy to come out and admit the least serious offence but what about the RTA and leaving the scene before being breathalysed?

Twat.

Hope they have been round for a blood test. Not happy at all. I hope the club are stronger than that statement, he needs the captaincy taken off him.

In that non apology of a pathetic video, he still thinks he is in the position to advise everyone else what to do.

This wouldn't be 'quite' so bad if not for the crash and leaving the scene. Looks from the police report several cars were damaged, that isn't a little bump into one car, which to be fair, anyone is capable of.

Jeez, thanks for this Jack, not like we don't all have real problems to be thinking about right now.

A few of you have mentioned the use of recreational and other classes of drugs.

If you have proof, that is fine. Or if you want your day in court, that is also fine. If you don't, I strongly advise you - to stop that. You are responsible for your posts here and anywhere else online, as you are for what you say in the 'real world'.

Thank you for your attention. Please go back to being angry. This has been a public service announcement from The Fear.

I refrained from commenting on this thread in the hope that it was a non story and would be proved wrong.
I am so dissapointed that after all the growing up that he appeared to have done he is right back to where he was a couple of years ago.
I would like to say its a storm in a tea cup but this time its a bit different and Jack has really damaged his brand with this stunt.
Whatever his Villa future holds this has left a nasty taste in the mouth.

Deeply disappointing , and I hate the club I love getting bad publicity.

Like others say he has gone way down in my estimation , why can't these players sacrifice things until they finish playing then they can do what they want.

Tit.

Last edited:
It would be nice if, having reflected upon what's happened, he resigned the club captaincy. I'm not holding my breath though.

Captain of Aston Villa, hero worshipped by all the fans particularly the young ones, disastrous fall from grace to disgrace. The team have the fight of their lives in front of them to stay up and this is the man who is to lead them. We were a shambles before, how low can we go?

Deeply disappointing , and I hate the club I love getting bad publicity.

Like others say he has gone way down in my estimation , why can't these players sacrifice things until they finish playing then they can do what they want.

Tit.
Maybe Grealish is a bit like Rooney. Intelligent on the pitch.
Complete idiots off it.
No excuses. He should lose the captaincy. A huge donation to the nhs.And stop trying to tell fans how to behave if he can't himself.

Shambles top to bottom, even the apology was shambolic . He's dragged the club name through the gutter. Complete Gerald Ratner moment

An admission then.....what a silly boy. The club should throw the book at him and he should also be prosecuted by the police. If that prompts him to move off to Manure with all of the other Cheshire primadonnas, then so be it - he has dragged the name of Aston Villa through the dirt and that hurts. In another report it says that a neighbour complained about the noise from the party at 4:00am - stay at home and protect the NHS - yeah right.
Stuff the nhs. Go out and party more like.
We are a one man team. Maybe if he goes we can start to rebuild properly .

Meanwhile, Marcus Rashford has been helping to get free food to children. And I see social media is making a big comparison between the 2.

Nice one Jack.

Yes, absolutely wonderful actions from Marcus. THAT is the sort of thing I want to see, I want to be proud of 'my' team and 'my' club. All too often I've been as good as ashamed instead.

"The role of the team captain is to lead, support, inspire and represent the members of their appointed team fairly and consistently at all times. The team captain will act as a role model for the club and their team".

No excuses are acceptable for this and I don't want him to be the captain of my club after he has dragged the good name of Aston Villa and everything they are trying to do in the community etc into the gutter and he has given the gutter press in the UK a storyline they love to print.

Time to grow up Jack, and fully accept that you have made a big mistake and come back and make up for this stupidness ........... However not as the captain of my club thank you and regardless of how good a player you actually are - perhaps it's time for this to blow over and you finally move on to another club?

I'm staying well away from Twitter etc for the next few days at least - as this is pure gold to the sty dwellers and I'm sure they are making hay while I write

A few of you have mentioned the use of recreational and other classes of drugs.

If you have proof, that is fine. Or if you want your day in court, that is also fine. If you don't, I strongly advise you - to stop that. You are responsible for your posts here and anywhere else online, as you are for what you say in the 'real world'.

Thank you for your attention. Please go back to being angry. This has been a public service announcement from The Fear.
Sorry Mr Fear but you are way overegging this. When has a comment by a fan on a fanzine website led to court appearances?

Sorry Mr Fear but you are way overegging this. When has a comment by a fan on a fanzine website led to court appearances?

You don't think people get taken to court for libel?

I've had to deal with several serious events during my time running this network (not this site specifically) so please don't contradict a very fairly worded warning.

When I put up a warning on this site, which is rare, it isn't up for discussion.

Jack has let us all down after we defended him over his previous idiot behaviour.

Obviously can't be trusted to behave but the dickhead company he is keeping isn't helping just like Gazza he really doesn't need some of the company he keeps. Hang about with Tyrone and SJM who seem to have their heads screwed on when this is over.

Sorry but he isn't Captain material there again I don't think he ever was

Well I remember when a good (online) mate who ran a Cov site was and he had 12 odd months of hell over comments he could justify and defend himself on - and even then he needed a big legal firm to step in pro bono to see him through.

When has a comment anywhere online ever led to legal action - you not heard of McAlpine or Bercow?

Amongst many other hundreds of cases?

I know exactly how often things aren't overegged on Vital - namely because I do the legals alongside JF - so this is kind of my thing and I follow libel cases, even if they don't get masses of publicity.

Seriously lacking wise heads at the club. Tyrone is apparently a saint but we could do with our own Noble, Nolan, or Terry (irony!) in the dressing room. More than one.

Press wise he couldn't have gotten luckier with the biggest event in 75 years in full swing. There's no better time to bury bad news. Club wise I hope they tear strips off him and put some serious conditions on his continuing as a Villa player.

I suppose this helps to get through the days of lockdown; thanks Jack. On second thoughts, no thanks Jack.

Mirror/Star now has it that (a) it was McCormack's flat (b) there were two other PL stars there as well. Only hope they weren't Villa. Wonder who they were. Can't see it not coming out.