Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 12 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Someone else made the point that Alli can talk the talk but is not good enough to walk the walk. His words show that he cares and is interested, but he isn't good enough on the pitch to raise his game when the chips are down and sustain it. I have made a similar point about Lamela over the years, proper energy levels but low on quality. I hope we finally wake up in this next window, to find some decent quality to give us a chance.
Two years ago Kane, Alli, Eriksen and Son were amongst the best 'front fours' in Europe. Dele is still a young player, has he really gone from being a very good player to a bad player in 24 months, I doubt it. Certainly he is not currently the player he has been for us previously, due I think to a number of factors, injury and loss of confidence, playing out of position, off field interests and managerial guidance, and 'missing his mates' out on the pitch, all of which have contributed to a decline. We should wait and see Kane, Alli, Son and Lo Celso have a run of uninterrupted games together at the start of next season before passing judgement. That's if they are all still at the Club!

Well if most of us performed as you descrirbe, never mind the reasons, in our jobs, then we would be shown the door! (Poor lurv overpaid premadonas!)

Two years ago Kane, Alli, Eriksen and Son were amongst the best 'front fours' in Europe. Dele is still a young player, has he really gone from being a very good player to a bad player in 24 months, I doubt it. Certainly he is not currently the player he has been for us previously, due I think to a number of factors, injury and loss of confidence, playing out of position, off field interests and managerial guidance, and 'missing his mates' out on the pitch, all of which have contributed to a decline. We should wait and see Kane, Alli, Son and Lo Celso have a run of uninterrupted games together at the start of next season before passing judgement. That's if they are all still at the Club!

Two years ago, Alli was well into his decline of not being good enough, picked based on reputation and making up our quota on the pitch. Having no competition for his place, he became complacent and stopped showing the hungry attitude he displayed when he joined us. For Lo Celso insert Eriksen, Alli had the class players around him but was still not good enough, shit was taking precedence in too many of his performances. We need an upgrade in quality for his place to give him his long overdue kick up the backside he needs.

Last edited:
Names coming through like Lovren, Smalling, Magic, Willian is not crazy it’s abnormal, degrading, foolhardy, and everything against these names you can think of !!! What is happening to the Spurs I have supported since 1960 ?. The mention of Lovren is not only revolting it’s insane ! That’s how I feel. If we are that desperate bring Michael Dawson back even if he is passed it at least he was Tottenham through and through.

Names coming through like Lovren, Smalling, Magic, Willian is not crazy it’s abnormal, degrading, foolhardy, and everything against these names you can think of !!! What is happening to the Spurs I have supported since 1960 ?. The mention of Lovren is not only revolting it’s insane ! That’s how I feel. If we are that desperate bring Michael Dawson back even if he is passed it at least he was Tottenham through and through.

Have faith. We haven't bought an over 25 since Llorente and have had 7 new signings / loans since him.

In my opinion, we need to up our game on young homegrown players.

UEFA is planning to suspend the FFP restrictions for a twelve month period.
It means that every owner can strengthen his club to meet his ambitions with that club.
I believe Levy and Co will take advantage of this suspension and they will buy all players needed in order Spurs to be able to compete for the EPL title and other trophies next season.

I strongly believe that Levy plans to win an EPL title with Spurs before he will turn one hundred years old.
His plans include the building of a bigger stadium than the current one in order to increase tickets income and, therefore, to be able to buy one player in the January transfer window to boost the chances of the club for success.

It means that every owner can strengthen his club to meet his ambitions with that club.
I believe Levy and Co will take advantage of this suspension and they will buy all players needed in order Spurs to be able to compete for the EPL title and other trophies next season.

I strongly believe that Levy plans to win an EPL title with Spurs before he will turn one hundred years old.
His plans include the building of a bigger stadium than the current one in order to increase tickets income and, therefore, to be able to buy one player in the January transfer window to boost the chances of the club for success.

You're awesome. :rofl:

:grinning:

Taking of Eze, here's the last 2 years teams of the season.

PFA Championship TOTY 2019: Darren Randolph; Jamal Lewis, Pontus Jansson, Liam Cooper, Max Aarons; Pablo Hernandez, Oliver Norwood, Jack Grealish; Teemu Pukki, Tammy Abraham, Billy Sharp

PFA Championship Team of the Season 2017-2018:- John Ruddy; Ryan Fredericks, Sol Bamba, Willy Boly, Ryan Sessegnon; James Maddison, Rueben Neves, Tom Cairney; Bobby Reid, Leon Clarke, Matej Vydra

For me, always a place to remain focused. We obviously bought Sessegnon but have watched Neves, Maddison and Grealish go onto great things. Aarons names also comes to mind.

As for this current season, I hope Jose is casting his eye over guys like Eze as well as a few others. Ben White gets a lot of attention, and he's on loan at Leeds from Brighton so that could be tricky. Perhaps Godfrey is more on our radar. He's clearly already been promoted with Norwich. Then there's Nathan Ferguson, who's recovering from the minor knee surgery that stopped him moving to Palace in Jan. Out of contract in the summer, but only 19 so I'm assuming a tribunal fee will apply.

Clearly, it's Jude Bellingham that getting the most attention though. 16 years old, 30 odd games and being valued at £30m :-)

Not HG, but I've noticed that Mitrovic has got 23 in 34 this season. That guy should never be in the Championship. How we could have done with him in the second half of this season !!!

I was quite enjoying not even thinking about the annual major disappointment that is our transfer window dealings....the virus hysteria is projecting no control of the virus until well into next year which if true will make this a non-event...if it lasts long enough maybe all squads will have to be rebuilt due to retirements 😈😈😈

I was quite enjoying not even thinking about the annual major disappointment that is our transfer window dealings....the virus hysteria is projecting no control of the virus until well into next year which if true will make this a non-event...if it lasts long enough maybe all squads will have to be rebuilt due to retirements 😈😈😈

If there's no control over the virus we may just as well carry on as normal and take our chances, the whole world can't live like this indefinitely.

TBH after just one week of this, given the choice I'd sooner go back to normal and just roll the dice on my own chances.

Last edited:
If there's no control over the virus we may just as well carry on as normal and take our chances, the whole world can't live like this indefinitely.

TBH after just one week of this, given the choice I'd sooner go back to normal and just roll the dice on my own chances.
Mmmmmmmm dodgy , I don’t know mate . I know what you mean though .
I keep thinking that they are forecasting 500,000 cases in the UK , and that that would mean that 59.5 million people here won’t get it .

Mmmmmmmm dodgy , I don’t know mate . I know what you mean though .
I keep thinking that they are forecasting 500,000 cases in the UK , and that that would mean that 59.5 million people here won’t get it .

I believe the challenge is that we only have something like 4000 ICU beds in the UK. Italy have just had close to 800 deaths in one day and they have twice as many ICU beds. They are in crisis mode as more and more head into intensive care. So take the 500k cases and calculate how many pass through intensive care on their way to die or recover. I read somewhere that we would need to scale to 28000 based on forecast cases but only have realistic plans for 5000 more.

It's also the past policies on our healthcare system catching up with us and leaving us in scramble mode. That's why everyone came down on Boris like a ton of bricks when he tried to deceive the country on the 40 new hospitals in the election campaign. He clearly touched a nerve !!!

This whole theme also became very real to me this week when a friend who had moved up from a nurse into the NHS Blood and Transplant leadership position over 20 years told us that she's heading back to the ICU unit. Her words were "I was always an ICU nurse at heart anyway". I can only imagine what experiences will be facing her in these next few weeks and months.