🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

My problem was I was judging Dembele for the wrong things like goals and assists. That's not what he did. Measuring his contribution was more complicated.
Having said that there are plenty of ex pros who couldn't understand him either. Sherwood and Les Ferdinand both said he should be playing for Real Madrid , he is so talented.

But they also said he never kicked on and fulfilled his potential - which in fairness is why we never had anyone come in for him, he just didn't play enough games well.

But they also said he never kicked on and fulfilled his potential - which in fairness is why we never had anyone come in for him, he just didn't play enough games well.

He was building a beautiful Bed & Breakfast Inn in Belgium. To which he will retire.

It took a while for us to see the best of him even if it was not consistently.Lets hope Tanguy is the same.I have a bad feeling that it won't be seen under Jose

It took a while for us to see the best of him even if it was not consistently.Lets hope Tanguy is the same.I have a bad feeling that it won't be seen under Jose

I can't help feeling a little the same; Fred was being destroyed by their fans criticism under Mou and then when he said 'play like that again and you'll never play for us again' - it almost destroyed him - then Mou leaves, gets some protection from the club/coach and is now almost undroppable and playing out of his skin. So it has to be a worry that history could repeat itself.

but on the other hand I am convinced from what I'm told that his fitness issue is totally fixable - which if we concentrate on that between now and next season, we may see the player I absolutely know he is.

I can't help feeling a little the same; Fred was being destroyed by their fans criticism under Mou and then when he said 'play like that again and you'll never play for us again' - it almost destroyed him - then Mou leaves, gets some protection from the club/coach and is now almost undroppable and playing out of his skin. So it has to be a worry that history could repeat itself.

but on the other hand I am convinced from what I'm told that his fitness issue is totally fixable - which if we concentrate on that between now and next season, we may see the player I absolutely know he is.

Did it destroy Fred though or did it absolutely inspire him and get him to the place he is now? It's not as if Ollie just stuck him in the 1st team when he first took over. He had to fight like crazy to get the shirt and subsequently keep it. The pre-season probably was his turning point along with Hererra leaving and Pogba's injuries.

My opinion is if Ndombele is going to let a few throwaway words halt his career, then we probably don't need him at our club. I don't think it will. Eventually, something will click and we'll see a great player emerge. Theoretically, it should be easier for Ndombele as we haven't got too much blocking his path to the first team. It's really only Gio that is elite in that midfield area.

Did it destroy Fred though or did it absolutely inspire him and get him to the place he is now? It's not as if Ollie just stuck him in the 1st team when he first took over. He had to fight like crazy to get the shirt and subsequently keep it. The pre-season probably was his turning point along with Hererra leaving and Pogba's injuries.

My opinion is if Ndombele is going to let a few throwaway words halt his career, then we probably don't need him at our club. I don't think it will. Eventually, something will click and we'll see a great player emerge. Theoretically, it should be easier for Ndombele as we haven't got too much blocking his path to the first team. It's really only Gio that is elite in that midfield area.

I think the only answer to the first part is Fred himself; after Mourinho left, he never looked back after being roasted for his performances - his agent went as far as to start looking for a new place for his client - so it wasn't a healthy relationship at all..

"
REBORN Fred has had the last laugh over Jose Mourinho - after the former Manchester United boss warned him: “Your days at this club are numbered.”

The Brazil midfielder is now a key player for the Red Devils despite initially becoming a symbol of the Old Trafford giants' decline.

Mourinho lost patience with Fred at Manchester UnitedCredit: Getty - Contributor
He was signed by Mourinho from Shakhtar Donetsk for ÂŁ52million in the summer of 2018 but struggled to find his feet and made only 17 Premier League appearances.

And, with Mourinho feeling the heat from fans, the Telegraph claim the Special One lost his patience with Fred after subbing him a during a 2-1 home defeat to Valencia in the Champions League.

He took the ace aside and said “your days at this club are numbered” - only for Mourinho himself to be axed just six days later.

Technically he's very good footballer and such an accurate and probing passer.

If he can sort out his fitness he should be better defensively with having the energy and legs to track back etc.

It just depends how hard it is for him to get physically fit for the premiership level and if he can avoid injuries in doing so?

If he can sort out his fitness he should be better defensively with having the energy and legs to track back etc.

It just depends how hard it is for him to get physically fit for the premiership level and if he can avoid injuries in doing so?

I still go back to Poch after watching N'dombele's debut, where he impressed me and absolutely everyone around me, Poch said something to the effect; we're only seeing 30% of what he can do, and that over the next two seasons will only get better and better' (I paraphrase of course as I can't remember the exact words!), he'd had no preseason and then got injured, and then later was forced to play injured, which set him back yet again...

Get him fit, get him running freely - which he can't do as of now - and Spurs fans will be worshipping him.

He's never been a DM type player.

At OL, he had Tousart as the DM doing the donkey work.

It's simple, we need a new DM, then maybe we can see the best of him once he gets fit and his head right. He has plenty of time at the moment to work on all of these things.

A new DM, Ndombele, Lo Celso would be a very talented midfield trio.

It's simple, we need a new DM, then maybe we can see the best of him once he gets fit and his head right. He has plenty of time at the moment to work on all of these things.

A DM is only one player in our extensive rebuild that needs to happen. A couple of upgrades on Lamela, Alli, and Moura would eliminate much of our final third weaknesses. With higher calibre players on the field, we'll have better retainers, make better use of possession and lessen the strain of continually giving the ball away that our defence has to try and neutralize.

I still go back to Poch after watching N'dombele's debut, where he impressed me and absolutely everyone around me, Poch said something to the effect; we're only seeing 30% of what he can do, and that over the next two seasons will only get better and better' (I paraphrase of course as I can't remember the exact words!), he'd had no preseason and then got injured, and then later was forced to play injured, which set him back yet again...

Get him fit, get him running freely - which he can't do as of now - and Spurs fans will be worshipping him.
Also the champions league games in particular for Lyon v Man City, Barca etc. He's shown he does have decent strength and dominance when fit

Yes we lack a top quality defensive midfielder to support those two. I know Winks can be useful in certain games since the modern approach but we need someone better at tackling, breaking up etc.

Camavinga at Rennes looks very impressive more so considering his age

A DM is only one player in our extensive rebuild that needs to happen. A couple of upgrades on Lamela, Alli, and Moura would eliminate much of our final third weaknesses. With higher calibre players on the field, we'll have better retainers, make better use of possession and lessen the strain of continually giving the ball away that our defence has to try and neutralize.

Agree I would replace many of the first 11 if I had my way Rich.

As it stands only Lo Celso, Son and Kane survive the first 11 quality.

It did occur to me that he needed to move in with Sissoko during this downtime. I'm not sure he even has his own place, let alone access to a gym at home.

Agree I would replace many of the first 11 if I had my way Rich.

As it stands only Lo Celso, Son and Kane survive the first 11 quality.

I question slightly with your 'as is stands players' we have four with first 11 quality. I know many would disagree, but for ability, Ndom is head and shoulders above anyone we have.