Burton Albion (h): Who Would Be In Your Starting XI? | Vital Football

Burton Albion (h): Who Would Be In Your Starting XI?

Assuming all fit and able.....

Vickers
Eardley Bostwick Bolger Melbourne
Bridcutt Morrell
Scully Payne Grant
Hopper

Subs Andrews Eyoma Coventry Chapman JJ Anderson Hesketh

and joking aside, i can't see the reason why payne has become a better option at number ten, since being out of the team... if we are going to experiment, why not try grant there:

Vickers
Eardley Bolger Bostwick Melbourne
Bridcutt Morrell
Elbouzedi Grant Scully
Hopper

Subs Andrews Hinds Eyoma Coventry Chapman JJ Anderson

Vickers
Bridcutt Morrell
Anderson Scully Grant
Hopper

Andrews, Lewis, Eyoma, Chapman, Coventry, Payne, John-Jules.

Melbourne should be back in at LB with Edun suspended.
Vickers
Morrell Bridcutt
Lewis Scully Grant
John-Jules

Subs Andrews Anderson Eyoma Chapman Coventry Hopper Payne

No-one picking Lewis over Eardley? Interesting...

I actually toyed with the idea of Lewis at right back and Eardley at left back where he has sporadically fitted in on occasions but went with a bit more round hole thinking with Melbourne

People have said Hopper is improving, but I'm struggling to see it. Does bring a little more height, solidity up front, don't think he's worth the three year deal though. Still early days of course...

Don't forget that in the away match Akinde played ahead of Walker and that was partly to combat Burton's set pieces and that they have quite a few big un's in their team. Akinde had a really good game that day. Hopper will fit into that role for the return fixture, but I suspect his contribution won't be recognised by some unless he bags his first goal for us.

Don't forget that in the away match Akinde played ahead of Walker and that was partly to combat Burton's set pieces and that they have quite a few big un's in their team. Akinde had a really good game that day. Hopper will fit into that role for the return fixture, but I suspect his contribution won't be recognised by some unless he bags his first goal for us.

No don't get me wrong, hope he comes good for us, he's not known for scoring a lot, but the graft he puts in. Just thinking he's got himself a good deal off the back of Akinde leaving. Hopefully he'll score a hat trick and set Scully up for the fourth a week Sat.

Vickers
Lewis Bolger Bossie Sheehan
Bridcutt Morrell
Anderson Scully Grant
Hopper

Coventry, Chapman, Payne, Andrews, Eardley, Frecklington ( stick him up front if our toothless 'attack' fails again )

Last edited:
Vickers
Eardley. Bolger. Bossie. Sheehan.
Lewis. Bridcutt. Morrell. Grant
Hopper. Scully

Andrews. Melbourne. Anderson. Coventry. Chapman. Hesketh