Boxing - Heavyweight | Vital Football

Boxing - Heavyweight

AJ still quality. Took it too lightly, great tactics going for his body. Rematch will prove it.

Agree with that Hasty....this could prove the kick up the backside to spur him on to greatness. Would deffo pay to watch AJ v Tyson Fury, surely the best fight out there.

Impressive stuff from Fury on his Vegas debut.
Switched to southpaw 2nd round and night night to the umbeaten German.
Interesting to watch Fury, both hands down by his hips, you can count 5 punches he avoided on the ropes by his upper body movement, quick turn with a body punch to follow and then in for the ending.
Looks healthy and as eccentric as ever. Yanks are loving his openness and honesty outside of the ring, quickly establishing himself as a favourite over there.
Can see him stopping AJ if they ever fought, think Wilder will watch this fight and run for 2 or 3 fights to bank some $ before stepping back in with Fury again.

Clever that Fury realised that the British public haven't taken to him and ingratiating the Yanks. I think that people have underestimated him me included but his demons can come back at anytime

Tyson Fury: Briton says his rematch with Deontay Wilder will take place in February

_107784262_gettyimages-1067410378.jpg

Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury's first fight ended in an enthralling draw which lead to the American retaining his title
Britain's Tyson Fury says his highly-anticipated rematch with WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder will take place on 22 February 2020.
Fury, 30, stopped German Tom Schwarz in round two last month in his first fight since a draw with Wilder in December - which the Englishman felt he won.
Wilder is slated to defend his belt against Luis Ortiz but beating the Cuban would allow a rematch with Fury.
"The rematch has been confirmed and signed, 22 February," said Fury.
Speaking at a Q&A event at Bradford's Alhambra Theatre, Fury added: "It's on, the rematch. This time I am going to knock him out.
"This time I haven't been out the ring for three years, this time I haven't been abusing too much alcohol."

Wow what a performance by Fury.
Great tactics, well executed and dominant performance.
Put Wilder down and the corner should have stopped that a lot earlier then they did.
Fantastic overall story. Interesting to see what AJ thought / thinks now.

I’d fancy Fury to beat AJ.

Sure AJ will swerve the big fight as usual and fight some no hoper at Wembley though 😴

Watched the fight from New Zealand. Superb performance from Fury and great tactics putting Wilder on the back foot so he couldn't box his normal fight. He completely outboxed and out -punched Wilder and won every round with a dominant display. The ref has said he warned Wilder at the break before the 7th round that he needed to see something from him or he would consider stopping the fight to save him from further punishment. Wilder's own corner made that decision for him when Wilder was receiving more of the same and likely to go down again, with little in response.
Had to laugh when Wilder blamed his poor performance on having to wear a 46 pound costume when walking to the ring. How embarrassing and a total lack of class.
I also found it interesting that Fury's corner said they got him to drink 16 pints of water immediately before the weigh in. This made him weigh about a stone heavier than he subsequently appeared in the fight. My bladder certainly wouldn't have held 16 pints!
Despite being outboxed in their last 2 encounters I still expect Wilder to exercise the rematch clause for financial reasons at least.
Should Fury beat him again then I do expect him to face Joshua (who has a mandatory defence against Pulev) later this year.
I think Joshua's style is too slow to beat Fury, but in this division a single punch can put down even the best boxers. It would certainly be a massive moneymaker and fantastic sporting spectacle.

Last edited:
Whyte had put him down twice the round before and had won every round until then.
Fury would wipe both out.
Joshua spouting off ladt night offering Whyte title shot saying he wouldn't have to wait 3yrs like he had for the wbc and saying I'll fight anybody........

Whyte has a rematch against Povetkin ascpart of their contract.
Similarly, Fury has a rematch against Wilder. Just hope he can win that match again so we can finally get Fury versus Joshua and then Joshua versus Wilder

Cracking shot to end it though. I would love to see Fury v Joshua sooner rather than later.

I will speak to the ref tomorrow Pete - he is a work colleague of mine. Lights were out before he hit the deck and ref was waving it over before starting a count.
He was one of the scoring judges in the KT fight - that was some performance from the Belgium police woman. Sheer relentless punching for 10 rounds.