Modesto & Anigo OUT!! (?) | Page 4 | Vital Football

Modesto & Anigo OUT!! (?)

How exactly do you think it's crucial? We've had this discussion before and you had no idea about revenue.

Come on plumbs dont get personal- if we want to increase revenue we need to re develop the ground. The planning is crucial.

Could we fans have been more organised in support, yes i think we could have been but there is no real leadership or organisation.

Injuries happen, it's unfortunately predictable that we would get injuries in the areas where we can least afford it.

We have players like Zach Clough, Benalouane, Hefele, Bostock etc that aren't getting near the squad - but all are registered.

Sabri made it known that he only wanted to work with a small squad of players and seems content to exclude players - but, happy to play our academy youngsters, which most of us are happy with.

Rest Sow, Ameobi & Grabban and let them get properly fit for the run in, we are well placed - I'd rather we have a little stumble now and finish strongly.

Sow is also on 8 bookings, 2 more in the next 3 games and he gets a 2 game ban.

Tyler, Diakhaby, Mighten, Carvalho - it's time for them to put a shift in tonight!

Yes i think one or two have had a bit of a knee jerk but perhaps forget that there must be out goings as well. It is frustrating to see such a wide open league but surely better to stick with timelines and plans they have made.

We are doing better on the pitch, we are getting a new stand and we appear to have a rational plan to build us up. Better off with fookwas? Ridiculous. Have said quite a few times now is not a time to be too moany imo

Why are we moaning anyway - we should be supporting the team, this is when they need it most and we've turned in fantastic numbers this season.

COYR

Why are we moaning anyway - we should be supporting the team, this is when they need it most and we've turned in fantastic numbers this season.

COYR

We have every right to moan

But can also support the team

Supporting the team can also be measured in having experiences of past pitfalls and begging the club to not make the same mistakes we have done in the past in the recruiting side during important phases

I think, I could be wrong, but most fans could see what we needed to make a good go of the final 18 games of the season

Look what has happened

Important players getting injured or running out of form

Our squad was not good enough and was/is doing better than it should

We should have taken a gamble to help the manager and the current players

We dithered and didn't make the signings we needed where as other clubs have

We could be out of the top 6 by the end of today

I wouldn't put it past Derby to finish above us and in one of the pray off places this season

That is how much the season has swung because of a truly horrific window

It could all change in the next 3-4 games

But deep down most of us know it's going to be a struggle to finish in the top 6 now

Does anybody know if Cornflakes made it out of Wuhan?

He's not posted for a while and a mix of his bad aids and the Corona virus may have finally done him

RIP Flakes

Hes skiing in TRAP 2

Its all very well having this blind loyalty but we are stakeholders and have the right to reply. The whole recruitment process is severely flawed. January didn't show that, last summer did when we failed to recruit into positions that even amateurs like a few of you on here, identified as areas of weakness. January wasn't a real chance to address that an it never would be. January is a chance to compliment the squad not fix it. We went out and again recruited poorly though.

Its all very well going on about promotion, but the geezer charged with getting that has his hands tied over recruitment and has a poor group of players to go to outside the core XI. Some would say even the core is weak. I don't necessarily agree with that but over 15 players it starts to look weaker. At 22 it looks shit with 50% fit for purpose in regards to promotion.

We will probably hang in there and get the top 6 because our run in isn't too bad, although in saying that, we are piss poor against the bottom teams.

If by any miracle we do go up, I fear the amount of players needed to not be rock bottom is far too big. Again, we can point to recruitment for that.

As I said a few weeks ago, we just need to enjoy it for what it is, an overachieving squad. We have found a manager that will only get better, sadly I can't see that being with us as history shows, we don't keep managers.

Hang on, let's not completely rewrite history, we basically had one good window under Fawaz when SP was given some financial freedom and thereafter it was an utter cluster fuck.

Bizarre signing after bizarre signing, coupled with financial mismanagement that meant we ended up in embargo whilst consistently selling our best players.

I was frustrated this window, but on balance the summer one was a success, not least the recruitment of SL.

Let's have a look at some of Fawaz's greatest hits (and don't forget the crazy unsustainable wages he paid too):

Djebbour
Gomis
Teixeira
Al Rashidi
Abdoun
Ebecilio
Bendtner
Halford
McLaughlin
Henderson
MacKie
Rees
Miller
Veldwijk
Laing
Thorne
Luca
Lam
Perquis
Carayol
Clough
McCormack
Dumitru
Hilderberto
Ariyibi

And there are more...

Recruitment includes managers, we could also look how we did there but I suspect everyone already knows it was failure after failure, sacking after sacking. Once more leaving the club in a financial mess and any type of transfer strategy in tatters.

I'd like to think there's a plan in place to not over spend whilst keeping us moving forward, recruiting younger players who can grow and improve us in the long term. We are not equipped to be in the premier League currently even with a fully fit first eleven we'd be struggling to be 4th bottom, I'd take it if we went up but unless we spend huge we will be struggling to avoid the sheep's record. Next summer should we still be here we need to keep the Cash's and Worral's and add a few more solid additions, also keeping Sabri letting him choose some of his own signings would help.

I'd like to think there's a plan in place to not over spend whilst keeping us moving forward, recruiting younger players who can grow and improve us in the long term. We are not equipped to be in the premier League currently even with a fully fit first eleven we'd be struggling to be 4th bottom, I'd take it if we went up but unless we spend huge we will be struggling to avoid the sheep's record. Next summer should we still be here we need to keep the Cash's and Worral's and add a few more solid additions, also keeping Sabri letting him choose some of his own signings would help.

I agree. Disappointing window given the position we were in but the winter window is difficult and you pay over the odds with limited options. The team if it did go up is likely to struggle. If we do go up, fine. Some plans will be fast tracked but the long-term plan of strengthen this summer and next and meanwhile develop a strong U23 side is the better long term option. The Fawaz era was a disaster. The only silver lining being we were under embargo for 18 months and restricted spending for a further period resulting in a better finance sheet re ffp than most. Get wages under control and planned developments are possible.

How exactly do you think it's crucial? We've had this discussion before and you had no idea about revenue.
Ok, you are the owner of Nottingham Forest. You have had meetings with the local authorities and you have been lead to believe that they will support your proposals to completely renovate the biggest sports venue in the county. You have spent money on getting those proposals to planning and even agreed a new lease with one of them. They are then rejected. What would your reaction be? I said I believed the decision to be crucial, my reaction would be to get out at the earliest opportunity and recoup as much money as I could in the process.

Ok, you are the owner of Nottingham Forest. You have had meetings with the local authorities and you have been lead to believe that they will support your proposals to completely renovate the biggest sports venue in the county. You have spent money on getting those proposals to planning and even agreed a new lease with one of them. They are then rejected. What would your reaction be? I said I believed the decision to be crucial, my reaction would be to get out at the earliest opportunity and recoup as much money as I could in the process.

To put forward viable plans that will lead to a sustainable Nottingham Forest that I no longer have to fund. As opposed to the current plans which are largely ego driven, his and the supporters, who still hold onto the antiquated view that the size of a stadium is an adequate substitute for having a small cock, metaphorically speaking.

Hes skiing in TRAP 2

Its all very well having this blind loyalty but we are stakeholders and have the right to reply. The whole recruitment process is severely flawed. January didn't show that, last summer did when we failed to recruit into positions that even amateurs like a few of you on here, identified as areas of weakness. January wasn't a real chance to address that an it never would be. January is a chance to compliment the squad not fix it. We went out and again recruited poorly though.

Its all very well going on about promotion, but the geezer charged with getting that has his hands tied over recruitment and has a poor group of players to go to outside the core XI. Some would say even the core is weak. I don't necessarily agree with that but over 15 players it starts to look weaker. At 22 it looks shit with 50% fit for purpose in regards to promotion.

We will probably hang in there and get the top 6 because our run in isn't too bad, although in saying that, we are piss poor against the bottom teams.

If by any miracle we do go up, I fear the amount of players needed to not be rock bottom is far too big. Again, we can point to recruitment for that.

As I said a few weeks ago, we just need to enjoy it for what it is, an overachieving squad. We have found a manager that will only get better, sadly I can't see that being with us as history shows, we don't keep managers.

What are you some kind of vampire hunter holding your stake or is it a metaphor for something else u r holding?

No one is saying paying fans dont get a say or have an opinion just a bit of awareness about financially cutting your cloth and footie is not a science. I am just happy we will finish the season with the same manager we started with. Be awesome if we could start the next with the same guy.

To put forward viable plans that will lead to a sustainable Nottingham Forest that I no longer have to fund. As opposed to the current plans which are largely ego driven, his and the supporters, who still hold onto the antiquated view that the size of a stadium is an adequate substitute for having a small cock, metaphorically speaking.
Honestly? Cross your heart and hope to die that would be your reaction? I am putting your name forward for a Nobel peace prize. No scrub that a sainthood.

I think big m is in it for a longer haul but a successful football club is good for the city and county at large. Would be very disappointing if investment at this level was shunned.

I think big m is in it for a longer haul but a successful football club is good for the city and county at large. Would be very disappointing if investment at this level was shunned.
A tad more than very disappointing I think.

Who are these younger players we're recruiting who have grown to improve us in the long term? Or who will potentially grow in the long term, whilst not overspending?

And why are we choosing to do that when sitting 3rd & 2pts off the autos, as we were in Jan? Surely building for Champ promotion in several years shouldn't be done when promotion sits firmly within our reach this season.

Last edited:
QUOTE="mr ron, post: 2206038, member: 8615"]I'd like to think there's a plan in place to not over spend whilst keeping us moving forward, recruiting younger players who can grow and improve us in the long term. We are not equipped to be in the premier League currently even with a fully fit first eleven we'd be struggling to be 4th bottom, I'd take it if we went up but unless we spend huge we will be struggling to avoid the sheep's record. Next summer should we still be here we need to keep the Cash's and Worral's and add a few more solid additions, also keeping Sabri letting him choose some of his own signings would help.

Who are these younger players we're recruiting who have grown to improve us in the long term? Or who will potentially grow in the long term, whilst not overspending?

Why are we choosing to do that when we sit 3rd & 2pts off the autos? Surely building for Champ promotion in several years shouldn't be done when promotion sits firmly within our reach this season.[/QUOTE]

Because if we went up we would need 8 £10m signings to have any chance of not being in bottom three with sheep like points tally. This team is no where near good enough. Needs two more windows and another 12 months. At home we are awful.

Injuries happen, it's unfortunately predictable that we would get injuries in the areas where we can least afford it.

We have players like Zach Clough, Benalouane, Hefele, Bostock etc that aren't getting near the squad - but all are registered.

Sabri made it known that he only wanted to work with a small squad of players and seems content to exclude players - but, happy to play our academy youngsters, which most of us are happy with.

Rest Sow, Ameobi & Grabban and let them get properly fit for the run in, we are well placed - I'd rather we have a little stumble now and finish strongly.

Sow is also on 8 bookings, 2 more in the next 3 games and he gets a 2 game ban.

Tyler, Diakhaby, Mighten, Carvalho - it's time for them to put a shift in tonight!
We are already in the run in ... points lost now (on top of those already thrown away due to the same mentality of resting players against the weaker teams)... will not be recovered ...