Moussa Djenepo | Vital Football

Moussa Djenepo

Blade for Life

Vital 1st Team Regular
Absolutely brilliant for Southampton yesterday. He has the rare ability to have control of the ball when running at pace aligned with a good end product. The type of player we need to take us to the next level. It would involve a change in formation but that option could have won the game yesterday. Eze is the affordable option to sit just behind McB.

It would have to be someone like him, not the lad himself. Can't imagine Southampton would want to sell him to us. I can see Tuftyball evolve again in the summer. If we have a stronger defensive midfield, we could go with two No9's and a No10 again. The truth is that if we could score another 20 goals we could afford to let a few more in at the back. Another 10 or 12 on the goal difference would have been another 6-10 points.

It would have to be someone like him, not the lad himself. Can't imagine Southampton would want to sell him to us. I can see Tuftyball evolve again in the summer. If we have a stronger defensive midfield, we could go with two No9's and a No10 again. The truth is that if we could score another 20 goals we could afford to let a few more in at the back. Another 10 or 12 on the goal difference would have been another 6-10 points.
I think we have to find this type of player, a Duffy replacement. If gives us another option I just hope CW does not get too stubborn. I appreciate he has earned that right but teams like Brighton have sussed out how to stifle us so we need to be able to switch it up.

I don't know if it's an option but could Duffy actually be the answer. The questions are; 1) can he cut it at this level and 2) can Wilder and Duffy sort out there differences

I think we have to find this type of player, a Duffy replacement. If gives us another option I just hope CW does not get too stubborn. I appreciate he has earned that right but teams like Brighton have sussed out how to stifle us so we need to be able to switch it up.

It's no surprise that we have our best results away from home, with less possession.
We do what Brighton did to us yesterday but most teams have attacked us. Only Newcastle, Southampton, Brighton have played a stubborn semi defensive set up at Bramall Lane and we've struggled to break each of them down.

This isn't a complaint, we have sacrificed a creative part of our game that we had with Duffy because we wanted to be more solid in our first season back, it's worked very well for the most part because whether home or away most Premier League teams will attack us.

When the onus is on us we are a bit short

Don’t give up on freeman just yet he could well do a Lundstram and be a major player next season !
you heard it here first 😉

Don’t give up on freeman just yet he could well do a Lundstram and be a major player next season !
you heard it here first 😉
I completely agree but Biggles said there had been a falling out with CW. No details and hushed up but maybe he will never get a chance at BDTBL ?.