Important match Saturday.. Fleetwood | Vital Football

Important match Saturday.. Fleetwood

cornypomp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Ok, I rated the Coventry game a six pointer, but I think this even more important. You don't need to be a brain-surgeon to see what's happening at the top half of the table. Its congested, and there just ain't enough room for everybody.

We're in 6th place on 53 points and Fleetwood are 8th on 51 points. Both teams have played 30 games. Big ask.. away with Fleetwoods form, they've won their last four, but we really need to win this one or our playoff place is going to slip.

That Coventry game was damn close, and we were undone right at the end of the game. I see Coventry getting one of the automatic places, and I rate us as good as them. However, our game schedule is heavy. Yes, we have an ample squad now that can supposedly cope with that. I just hope we've got the nous and ability to get a win, just when we need to.. PUP-PPU :clap::thumbup:

Last edited:
They are all vital now Corny as the others keep winning too.
It's a question of keeping up and who will falter.
Hopefully we are able to keep winning and getting goals for the table might end up on goal difference.

Well I can't argue with that dedmans However, if you look at the run ins among the top six, we have by far the toughest IMHO. I fear if we lose on Saturday, it'll be a big loss to come back from, especially if others keep winning. Still, although I sound a bit nervous, I am enthused by this teams ability to get results. They never give up!

Just caught the score for Pompey v Exeter tonight.. looks like Marquis has found his shooting boots. 3-2 Pompey:clap::thumbup: Just goes to show you if you supply a good striker he'll get you goals. Ollie playing with Marquis tonight and providing, although it was that man Curtis who provided his goal this time. Great stuff. I guess its Wembley again then eh! :wahey:

Not looking good at the moment. 1-0 down and under the cosh. We're fouling plenty too, never a good sign. First half is nearly done, so lets hope we at least even the score. Want to come away with a point at least.

Well, this is dire. We are getting our ar$es handed to us on a plate. Zero shots on target and the foul rate is ticking up. We need to do better than this if we seriously consider ourselves promotion material.

Not the result I wanted, that's for sure. As I said above, our foul count and one shot on target says it all really. The consensus of opinion seems to put the goal fault down to Bass, but I'd say that's pretty unfair. We were dire today, we played better against Coventry. Out of the playoff places, we need to make the next Fratton games count for sure..

We are proving that we are as not consistently good. Opposition don't seem to have a pattern of play to conquer.
Team spirit and confidence now is all important. If they lose that it is over this year. Key players are sorely missed and they go missing precisely when they start to prove their worth and in that respect there has been bad luck.

Yeah, I'll go with that dedmans. As you may have guessed though, I wasn't that positive about getting a result from this game, before it was played.

Football isn't an exact science of course, and there will be many twists and turns I'm sure before the seasons out, and I do take on board your comment regarding team spirit and confidence. Lets hope we can pull something out of the bag when the Dons turn up on Tuesday night. :thumbup:

Nil Desperandum! I'm sure we can beat both MK (I won't call them the Dons as they are not) and Rochdale. Arsenal will be a distraction but a useful learning curve ready for Peterborough, Rotherham and Fleetwood again in the next few weeks. We're still not far off top spot and I think we can clinch one of the top 2 places.

Good positive stuff Lemmi. Keep it up mate, as I have to put my hand up and say I've withered on the vine somewhat of late. So its MK tonight then, no DONS to be mentioned. I can cope with that, and will most certainly clued in this evening.