Huddersfield last 6 matches DLWLWD 8 points out of 18

Huddersfield last 6 away matches W1 D2 L3 F7 A9
14/12 Wigan 1 - Huddersfield 1
26/12 Middlesboro 1 - Huddersfield 0
11/1 Barnsley 2 - Huddersfield 1
28/1 Hull 1 - Huddersfield 2
1/2 Fulham 3 - Huddersfield 2
15/2 Derby 1 - Huddersfield 1

Swans will have to do better defensively if they are to get anything from this game, after conceding 7 goals in the last 3 matches. Four goals conceded last time out at Hull, no goals conceded at home to QPR but thanks only to QPR’s poor finishing, and three goals conceded at home to Derby.
Centre backs seem to be the main problem last few games. Thankfully Joe Rodon is fit again and should start, unfortunately Hoorn is not quite ready for this match so a choice of Wilmot, Cabango or Guehi to partner him.

What the manager’s think:
Steve Cooper -
“ I went to Derby v Huddersfield on Saturday. They were fighting and, while I’m not exactly sure of their league position, they’ll be the first to say they are not at the end of the table they want to be. I know it’s a cliche but you’ve got to earn the right to play in a certain way. That can only happen if you’re willing to fight and to compete. That for me is a fundamental, is that we are up for the challenge and if not that won’t be for me.”
Danny Cowley -

“They’re a possession-based team and one of the slickest teams in the division with how they play and how they try to build. They try to play through you, they’re very well coached, and it’s up to us to disrupt their patterns but also try to hurt them when we have the opportunity. We’re working on our away consistency and that’s important. We feel we have a strategy that works.”

After our first win in six games, we are on 51 points, and we move up two places in the table to 9th spot, with both Cardiff and Millwall losing.
Unfortunately 6th place Preston beat Hull 2-1 with a dubious penalty to keep us 5 points away.
7th place Bristol stay on 53 points City after losing 0-3 at home to leaders WBA (our next home match opponents!).
8th place Blackburn are above us on goal difference, at one stage they were winning 0-2, but ended up drawing 2-2 at 4th place Brentford.

There were four changes from the Hull match. Centre-back pairing of Wilmot and Guehi made way for Rodon and Cabango. Brewster for Routledge and Kalulu for Celina.

Team: Woodman, Naughton, Cabango, Rodon, Bidwell, Fulton (Wilmot 89’), Grimes, Kalulu (Garrick 63’), Gallagher, Ayew, Brewster (Roberts 93’).
Subs: Celina, Wilmot, Dhanda, Roberts, Mulder, Cullen, Garrick

Kalulu man of the match until injured. He had his best game so far, and was just what we needed, some pace down the wing!

Swans 3 - Huddersfield 1
Ayew 28’ - Mounie 78’
Fulton 80’
Garrick 90’

Possession: 38% - 62% (surprisingly)
Shots: 15 - 7
On target: 6 - 4
Corners: 5 - 5
Fouls: 11 - 12
Cards 1Y - 1Y
Att: 15,148
Ref: Andy Davies 2/10 (where do they find these officials)

Last edited: