Tottenham Hotspur FC vs. Newcastle United FC (The Magpies) | Page 22 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur FC vs. Newcastle United FC (The Magpies)

And we blow it as usual,wasting those two TW has proved to be an incredibly stupid decision . We really have shown an incompant lack of vision and it's coming back to bite us in the arse.
That echoes my view verbatim. Instead of a squad refresh seeing us keep in touch with the two leading teams, we are now dragged in to the next batch of 4/5 in the rebuild category. For all the praise lapped up by the owners and the coaches for not spending a penny to reach the CL final, will be put to real test imo.

I expect quite a few tetchy interviews from our esteemed scientist, ....... I mean coach!

It feels like the good times are coming to an end. No trophy to show.

That was abysmal today. Hard to take. So,so slow. They had there shape and kept it well. But where is
A) the speed and intensity
B) invention and quality

Awful line up in my opinion. Last week against city he started Eriksen and no Moura. This week and the first home game against Villa the opposite. Just think about that. Use your footballing heads here and tell me what's wrong there. I'm very disappointed in Poch and some of the players. Then there's the players I'm not disappointed in because I've known for some time that they are bang average.

It's easy ,blaming individual players and I'm guilty of it myself but the problem we have is attitude and mentality from Poch down to the players. Belief..,Leicester had it in spades that's why they won the PL. I just haven't seen any drive or passion from us,the will to win,Pool and City have it in spades, they just want to destroy every team in front of them,to win, we are either weak willed or indifferent, I dont know which,but I'm sick of it.

Sitting and thinking same old Poch. Know matter how certain players play they stay on. Son had a point to prove so did not pass ,he is so greedy. Lucas was poor today and should have been taken off. Winks useless but stayed on. But the worst by far was Kane showed no interest his last effort showed this. Lamela should not have been taken off but as usual he is a scapegoat.
Sanchez was useless and should not play for a while.

I doubt, if you will ever see, what has been staring you in the face for six years, Lamela isn’t good enough for a top-four team, and never will be. If he were signed by our rivals instead of us, he would have been sold years ago. Whether he ended up at Stoke, Port Vale or Coventry, he would be subbed there too.

It feels like the good times are coming to an end. No trophy to show.

That was abysmal today. Hard to take. So,so slow. They had there shape and kept it well. But where is
A) the speed and intensity
B) invention and quality

Awful line up in my opinion. Last week against city he started Eriksen and no Moura. This week and the first home game against Villa the opposite. Just think about that. Use your footballing heads here and tell me what's wrong there. I'm very disappointed in Poch and some of the players. Then there's the players I'm not disappointed in because I've known for some time that they are bang average.

Starting Moura at home against 2 park the bus teams and leaving him out away to Citeh when he would have had one empty half of the pitch to run into shows what a fuckwit Poch really is.

As if dropping Moura from the CL Final after scoring a hat trick and dragging Poch's dullards into the final wasn't a mahoooosive clue as to this charlatans ''abilities '' .

POP

Piss Off Poch.

I really don't think the line up was awful. Yes, Poch is so damn childish not to play our strongest 11. The omission of Jan and dare I say it Eriksen is just plain stupid.

So, I couldn't view the game, but glad I didn't.

The following asks more questions than it answers:

Possession 80% - against a shite team, this should mean total domination and at least 3 goals.
Shots: 17 - zero goals with only 2 on target...WTF?
Passes: 760 vs 194 - was this our side ways and backwards tippy tappy rubbish that results in nothing?

Had we of done the expected and won, we'd be in 3rd, just below City.

I truly believe, and have said it for some time, that our squad is NOT the problem. How can it be when lesser squads can humiliate us?

Poch is really being found out that regardless of whether we buy players or not, he simply has no idea on how to motivate and bring out their best. He is a dud. And a very dumb stupid one at that.

We have no chance of winning anything under his stewardship...none. All the happy clappers just see it as our first real loss of the season. They refuse to see our relegation form that we were playing towards the tail end of last season, has continued, despite our investments.

If a team like Spurs cannot capitalize on 80% possession against a team that will finish in the bottom half, how in God's name do we expect to challenge for the title, or win any Cups? We are such a soft touch, and so ineffective given our talented personnel.

Poch out? Seem a bit drastic after our first loss?

Spurs have been under performing for far too long now, and in a way deserve the flack from the press and pundits.

Poch should've been out a long time ago.

The following asks more questions than it answers:

Possession 80% - against a shite team, this should mean total domination and at least 3 goals.
Shots: 17 - zero goals with only 2 on target...WTF?
Passes: 760 vs 194 - was this our side ways and backwards tippy tappy rubbish that results in nothing?

Well Poch didn't have any answers either....apart from unsettled squad.

"I am very disappointed. We cannot justify our performance today. I don't want to be critical of the team, only describe it. Today we did not deliver the performance we expect. I think to concede again in the first half on the transition, a very cheap goal like the one against Aston Villa, that worries me.

"We didn't create. We had the possession, we dominated, but we didn't create enough chances. I don't want to justify it but I need to tell the truth.

"I think it was very clear. We never found the capacity to break down their defensive line. They were organised and played really deep. We didn't show this capacity when a solid team came to play against us"

"Sometimes it is not all about possession, it is about inciting a different action. We didn't show what you need in this type of game."

I didn't watch. I'm glad I couldn't tbh.

It was obvious that this was coming. I said before the game that 'this game should be easy unless we make it hard for ourselves' and it's no surprise to me that we ended up losing.

I dont even need to watch to know how it went (lack of concentration in defence, we keep possession but our play is slow and predictable, Kane is anonymous.) Poch has once again blamed not having a settled squad? I'm sorry, it's time he starts managing these situations waaaay better. No player is bigger than the team but we seem to be allowing a couple of players disrupt everything! Why?!

If Eriksen and Vertonghen may leave, stop putting them on the bench!! If players are allowing this sort of situation disrupt their game, drop them!! Anything less than 100% effort in a game should mean that that player is dropped for the next game.

CE was the only one that was really getting in the refs face after the pen.

And you are telling me Jan wouldn’t do worse than Sanchez the clown?
Sanchez is a classic case. Made the same mistake over and over. And then get sucked out of position countless times. He must be believing his own 'very quick' defender hype and thinks that he can run way out of position and run back very quickly.

Sanchez was a beast when he first arrived. He also looked top draw against very good players for Ajax. I'm not having it that he is crap.

Our bore fest philosophy and stubborn manager is the problem.
Bro, centreback is a position for refined thinkers with worldly experience not brutes. I was quietly hoping he will improve in 1st 2 years and didnt get on his back bcoz experience needs to b built. But instead of getting better, he is getting worse and keeps making same mistakes over and over.

2 years ago we took 4 points from the first 3 games. Third in the league that season.
Last year, 9 points but then proceeded to lose the following 3 games (including CL)
Dont remember us playing so so badly in the early games 2 years ago. Yes, kane couldnt score in Aug but i remembered satisfied that he was contributing. The lack of ideas and drive which we had been seeing is the problem. Big peoblem. If we played well, and somehow their keeper had a blinder or we hit the post 5 times, then i will say tough luck but there is precious little so far.

Well Poch didn't have any answers either....apart from unsettled squad.

"I am very disappointed. We cannot justify our performance today. I don't want to be critical of the team, only describe it. Today we did not deliver the performance we expect. I think to concede again in the first half on the transition, a very cheap goal like the one against Aston Villa, that worries me.

"We didn't create. We had the possession, we dominated, but we didn't create enough chances. I don't want to justify it but I need to tell the truth.

"I think it was very clear. We never found the capacity to break down their defensive line. They were organised and played really deep. We didn't show this capacity when a solid team came to play against us"

"Sometimes it is not all about possession, it is about inciting a different action. We didn't show what you need in this type of game."

Thanks CS for sharing Poch's insight to the game, albeit utter garbage that states the bleeding obvious.

Having said that, what is he meant to say straight after cluster F**k like that?

Other than say what we all knew and could all see, he's hardly going to give us answers to the questions we all want answered. An unsettled squad is not an answer, its a fact. We want to know why at this early stage it is unsettled? Yes there's been new introductions etc, but the spine of the team is unchanged, and if being unsettled is costing us points, then he, Poch is at fault for not having it sorted well and truly before the season.

The Vert and Eriksen issue should not be allowed to unsettle the team...nor should any other outside or internal influences. It will however, if we have a rubbish coach/manager.

Stupops already made me aware of this - it was a poor choice of words please disregard it
Cheers mate.
Anyway, i dont know how long u hv supported Spurs. However, if u r like me, having gone through 35 years of repeated pain, then u may understand the pain a bit more. The number of banana skins which i had seen us tripped on can fill up a lorry.
Thats why i warned about this b4 the start of the match yesterday. To say that i felt a serious discomfort with a number of post saying that we will trash Newcastle, would b to put it mildly.
Oh well, our lot as Spurs supporter...

15 points from the last 15 PL games.
Thanks CS for sharing Poch's insight to the game, albeit utter garbage that states the bleeding obvious.

Having said that, what is he meant to say straight after cluster F**k like that?

Other than say what we all knew and could all see, he's hardly going to give us answers to the questions we all want answered. An unsettled squad is not an answer, its a fact. We want to know why at this early stage it is unsettled? Yes there's been new introductions etc, but the spine of the team is unchanged, and if being unsettled is costing us points, then he, Poch is at fault for not having it sorted well and truly before the season.

The Vert and Eriksen issue should not be allowed to unsettle the team...nor should any other outside or internal influences. It will however, if we have a rubbish coach/manager.
Not only unsettle the team, now we stand to lose them for nothing or very little.