Five things we learned from QPR v Wigan Athletic | Vital Football

Five things we learned from QPR v Wigan Athletic

Really Hampton? I honestly believe some of 'em are.

6 games in...... Not even seen out August.

Aye. Definitely. Some are.

Really Hampton? I honestly believe some of 'em are.

6 games in...... Not even seen out August.

Aye. Definitely. Some are.
If Cook had only had 6 games Moonay fair does but he's had 50 at this level and we are going backwards to L1 with no sign of any improvement- We could give Tess May a go shes looking for a new challenge - (soz wrong thread ?)

If Cook had only had 6 games Moonay fair does but he's had 50 at this level and we are going backwards to L1 with no sign of any improvement- We could give Tess May a go shes looking for a new challenge - (soz wrong thread ?)
Oh, stop being so melodramatic.

Last season, in the end, (after a great start,) we stayed up comfortably.

Folk want someone new, but are falling out over that already.

For melodrama read reality
It's in plain sight why do you not see ?
With no good start this season, a manager who post saturday was beaten / seems clueless as to turning round appalling away form and a poorer team than last year we are in trouble.
Put fingers in your ears and close your eyes by all means if you wish

My point Hampton is that all the same things were being said last season...... though just a few weeks later ino the season.

Funnily enough, they were being said in the two previous Championship seasons.

On those two occasions, we twisted........ twice...... both bloody times........ and went down........ both bloody times. Last season, we stuck..... and we stayed up.

That's all.

One thing I learned is that , unlike last season, we don't seem to have a stand out saviour waiting in the wings. I believe we are in the 3 worst teams in this league and will go down. Something has to change and listening to Cook he seems to be expecting the chop.

My point Hampton is that all the same things were being said last season...... though just a few weeks later ino the season.

Funnily enough, they were being said in the two previous Championship seasons.

On those two occasions, we twisted........ twice...... both bloody times........ and went down........ both bloody times. Last season, we stuck..... and we stayed up.

That's all.
I get that completely and if the scale of our clubs ambition is to be involved in a bottom half / relegation battle let's keep Cook he "may" get lucky again but am not seeing a Reece James playalike anywhere in the squad to bail us out this time.
I liked Rosler tbh but understood he had to go after the Bolton debacle - he'd run out of road and ideas to fix the problems. Cooks post match Sat was almost a carbon copy and the exit should be as well.

No one judging him on last 6 games in 1 month.

Judging him on 50 games over 13 months.
I understand that KDZ, but over those previous 44 games, he had us in a (lower) mid table position.

Over the summer, though we've lost our two best players, the overall strength of the squad has improved (or so folk generally thought at the end of the window).

There's every reason for us to hope that we'll better that finish last season.

Look at Nob End last year...... awful start till we kick-started them.

Barnsley may be the turning point. Then again, it may not.

I understand that KDZ, but over those previous 44 games, he had us in a (lower) mid table position.

Over the summer, though we've lost our two best players, the overall strength of the squad has improved (or so folk generally thought at the end of the window).

Oh Moonay I was with u all the way there with that post n even thot u could be right 'a possible turning point against Barnsley'.....I thot yep cud poss be, at least someone is thinking positive & then in the next sentence you deliver the killer blow - 'Then again, it may not'......I'm brought back down to earth with a bump.
Stick or twist, stick or twist......if only I knew!!!

We were in free fall and deep in a relegation battle for the majority of that time. The final league position wasn't reflective of how bad we were and how close to relegation we were.

There is no momentum to give us a 20 odd point buffer in the first ten games to endure a 4 wins in 30 game like run of form. No wonder kid or talisman to cover the cracks, not 3 clearly hopeless teams to prop us up, and most importantly no signs of improvement or learning from our manager.

There is only hope but no tangible signs it will improve and I don't think decisions or judgements on hope alone are good ones.

We are just long ball hoof and hope who are generally neither effective or attractive to watch. Once every blue moon turn out a good performances that is the exception rather than the rule - I can't think of a single thing we are good at or reliable for;
Defending, attacking, keeping the ball, long ball, attacking or defending set pieces, battling, working, pressing, crossing, counter attack, holding a lead, chasing a lead, game management, subs, tactics, bouncing back, 6 pointers, attacking or defending throw ins, the worst away record in the country over past year - we are bad at virtually everything. About 75% of the games since our promotion momentum faded we've been just as bad over the last year we can't bank on unexpected upsets at home to amass 40+ points if we don't do the bread and butter of grinding out points consistently against teams who are often there for the taking if we turn up in and around us. There's not much to base hope on unfortunately so I've got none left.

Last edited:
There was nothing to learn from the defeat that we didn’t know already. Did anyone seriously expect anything other than a loss? At this level Cook is hopelessly out of his depth on the road and Saturdays debacle just reaffirmed that. I’m staggered he hasn’t been sacked yet, though perhaps we are allowing him a swan song against Barnsley whilst we source a replacement.