Incoming - Heneghan | Vital Football

Incoming - Heneghan

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Sheffield United defender Ben Heneghan has agreed a deal to rejoin Blackpool, Football Insider understands.

The centre-back is out of faVour at Bramall Lane and has been on the transfer lIsT since eArLier in the summer.

A United source has told Football Insider that Heneghan, 25, has been in advanced talks to head back to Blackpool on a season-long loan and the terms have now been settled.

Ben-Heneghan.jpg

An announcement is imminent over a deal that will come as a major boost to Blackpool boss Simon Grayson as he looks to build on their impressive start to the League One campaign.

The north-west club are top of the table in the English third tier after taking 10 points from their first four matches of the season.

Heneghan spent last season on loan at Blackpool and made a big impression during his 41 league starts among 49 appearances in all competitions.

He has been restricted to a bit-part player at Sheffield United since joining the club from Motherwell in 2017.

Happy to take him back. Playing that back 3 him Tilt Edwards is pretty good.
Rocky is raw. Anderton inconsistent.
We need cover.
Brilliant news if it comes off

Kirby would be a great signing and with Virtue to come back world see the midfield issues pretty much resolved. We still feel short at full backs to me as no cover

Last edited:
Nixon just tweeted that we're also in for Calum MacDonald at Derby. Can play left back or centre half. Would spell end of Anderton and ties into what I posted other day: 4 players - 2 defenders, 1 midfielder, 1 forward

Good news if this one lands.

I just hope it's to be alongside Tilt and not replacing him and he's off as his contract signing seems to be dragging on and on and on.

Only disappointment would be if it is only a loan not permanent - I thought he got better as the season went on last year and think he's a very good defender for this level.

Kirby would also be a very good signing imo.

Blackpool Football Club can confirm the return of defender Ben Heneghan on loan from Sheffield United until 14 January 2020.
The centre-back made 49 appearances in all competitions for the Seasiders last season and was part of a defence that kept 18 clean sheets.
Shortlisted for the club’s Players’ Player of the Year award in May, the 25-year-old made a big impression with his no-nonsense style of defending and overall commitment to the cause.

Ben Heneghan said:
“I’m happy to be back here and I want to be more successful than last season. I just want to get back to playing football and being involved with the group. There’s been quite a good few changes here and I’m looking forward to embracing them.”
Manager Simon Grayson added:
“Ben knows the club, some of the players and some of the staff, so settling in won’t be a problem. He is a whole-hearted defender who can handle the ball well and someone who will certainly increase the level of competition within the squad. I’m sure the supporters will be glad to see him back, and I’d like to thank the people above for making the deal happen.”