New York stadium or Keepmoat stadium | Vital Football

New York stadium or Keepmoat stadium

JT_LCFC

Vital Football Hero
Seem both grounds now, any general consensus of what we should be looking for, considering any potential ground move?

New York stadium far exceeds the Keepmoat for me, in terms of layout and design. The Keepmoat for me is in a soulless location at the bottom of an industrial estate, shallow seating and just felt you would struggle with atmosphere here.

Still maintain location wise Sincil Bank is in a perfect location for football tradition, railway and pubs nearby - and we need to be very careful placing the ground in a location that suits other stakeholders as part of a grand master plan.

Agree that any move needs to be to a site relatively close to the City centre rather than on the outskirts. Increasingly thinking we should stay put.

Not been to the Keepmoat but the most recent grounds such as those at Tottenham and Brentford have much steeper raked seating, which is also starts close to the pitch. Sound engineers have been employed early on to help "create" a better atmosphere.

Replacing the Selenity with a steep raked stadium having executive boxes and bringing it closer to the pitch might be part of the solution. Funding and affordability is the real problem.

I actually liked the NY. Although I’d prefer a tad more ‘character’ but that might be wishful thinking. Wasn’t a fan of the keepmoat in terms of location or design. Not much to it.

I actually liked the NY. Although I’d prefer a tad more ‘character’ but that might be wishful thinking. Wasn’t a fan of the keepmoat in terms of location or design. Not much to it.

Keepmoat takes on board the soullessness of Glanford, albeit a better and modern version.
New York Stadium is way better.

But as said above location is as important as what you build.
All our three grounds to date are extremely close together.
So if we did ever move, for me, it has to be somewhere in walking distance of High Street and housing.
So is staying put best? Probably is. As has been said many times, with the right funds, Sincil Bank could "easily" be upgraded into a 15k stadium. Which is more than likely enough for us. If that is ever not enough, then it would imply we'd gone and established ourselves in the Premier League! In which case copious funds for a brand new stadium.
For me, plans should be done first for a double size Stacey West end. Maybe in the next couple of years or so.
Then let us run on 12k or so for quite a while and see where we are.
If more capacity still needed, then the bigger task (both financially and practically) of a new full size St Andrews stand comes into consideration.

I liked the New York Stadium, actually thought when I was there "this is the sort of thing we should be thinking about." But please can we not do the loud music before kick off thing? MK and Rotherham both do it and it completely ruins the pre-game atmosphere.

Can’t see Donny anywhere near filling that ground whereas the NY stadium was about right which makes a huge difference on the atmosphere
For us I don’t see anything more than 12/13000 being needed
Also Location location location is the key for anything new has to be walking distance from the centre
Not convinced a move would give us anything more for what we create on a at the bank
Nor a huge commercial result

But please can we not do the loud music before kick off thing? MK and Rotherham both do it and it completely ruins the pre-game atmosphere.
Which is ironic given event wonks will advocate such things to build the atmosphere and excitement. I agree with Snats, kills it dead.

I liked the New York Stadium, actually thought when I was there "this is the sort of thing we should be thinking about." But please can we not do the loud music before kick off thing? MK and Rotherham both do it and it completely ruins the pre-game atmosphere.

I can see why MK think they need to do it - they have no fans, they're fake and the soulless bowl they play football in adds to that sense of scarcity. But blasting out loud music not only accentuates the fakeness, it increases it. Clubs trying to create 'atmosphere' only leads to confirming there is none.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can’t see Donny anywhere near filling that ground whereas the NY stadium was about right which makes a huge difference on the atmosphere
For us I don’t see anything more than 12/13000 being needed
Also Location location location is the key for anything new has to be walking distance from the centre
Not convinced a move would give us anything more for what we create on a at the bank
Nor a huge commercial result

15k and a built-in ability to increase. I realise it's a dream but imagine we keep this going and start pushing for the playoffs to the Premier League - 12k would not cut it. Promotion to the top tier would probably double the average gate we have now.

If it doesn't happen, and we fall through the divisions, hey look we have a 15k stadium instead of a 12k one.

Not exactly a massive difference on the way down, but probably a huge difference on the way up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seem both grounds now, any general consensus of what we should be looking for, considering any potential ground move?

New York stadium far exceeds the Keepmoat for me, in terms of layout and design. The Keepmoat for me is in a soulless location at the bottom of an industrial estate, shallow seating and just felt you would struggle with atmosphere here.

Still maintain location wise Sincil Bank is in a perfect location for football tradition, railway and pubs nearby - and we need to be very careful placing the ground in a location that suits other stakeholders as part of a grand master plan.

The propsed site is roughly acquaintance from the center of the city and probably has more pubs with shorter walking distance.

New York stadium is fantastic, the keepmoat is awful. No character or atmosphere there at all. It seems like they didn't bother getting an architect in at all to design it. Even things like having two hundred or so seats directly behind the dugouts meaning they are completely useless. I like the design at NYS, and you get that 'wow' feeling when you walk through the entrance and see the pitch. That's probably helped by making the stadium steeper as well.

Keepmoat takes on board the soullessness of Glanford, albeit a better and modern version.
New York Stadium is way better.

But as said above location is as important as what you build.
All our three grounds to date are extremely close together.
So if we did ever move, for me, it has to be somewhere in walking distance of High Street and housing.
So is staying put best? Probably is. As has been said many times, with the right funds, Sincil Bank could "easily" be upgraded into a 15k stadium. Which is more than likely enough for us. If that is ever not enough, then it would imply we'd gone and established ourselves in the Premier League! In which case copious funds for a brand new stadium.
For me, plans should be done first for a double size Stacey West end. Maybe in the next couple of years or so.
Then let us run on 12k or so for quite a while and see where we are.
If more capacity still needed, then the bigger task (both financially and practically) of a new full size St Andrews stand comes into consideration.

Build offices into the new Stacey West on the land at the back, then knock the Selenity and Poacher's corner down and start again. Offices sorted and club shop in the Waterside means we can live without that too.

Then we're coming for you, Bridge McFarland...

IMO each ground has its good and bad points. What we need to do is combine the good points of all the new grounds we have visited if/when the time comes.

Build offices into the new Stacey West on the land at the back, then knock the Selenity and Poacher's corner down and start again. Offices sorted and club shop in the Waterside means we can live without that too.

Then we're coming for you, Bridge McFarland...

We have been around this bouy before. How long. How much... CBA

New York was much better...... just needs more room underneath and on concourses etc.

Yes was surprised how crowd unfriendly the concourse was at NY
Not somewhere you choose to spend pre match
Suppose that’s the consequence of a steep design of stands is that you lose the footprint beneath it