Match Thread: Doncaster Rovers v Lincoln City | Page 19 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Doncaster Rovers v Lincoln City

More than matched Donny and some abysmal ref decisions made it more than disappointing
Would of brought Bruno on at half time but we didn’t get the driving running that JA needed to bring
Not the worst start to a season but certainly need to look to put people on shooting practice

2 stonewall pens.
But, I think we were guilty of overplaying today. First half especially, we were looking for the perfect ball all the time.
Someone please tell them, sometimes it's still ok to put your foot through it and get it away.
If I were Tyler Walker, I'd be so frustrated. We rarely tried to stretch their defence and use his pace. Instead, all he got was neck high balls into him.

We're probably going to lose more games this season than in any of the last three seasons, including some we don't deserve to. That's just the reality of a big step up.

I hope some of the newer fans, who have never known anything but success, are ready for that reality.
Spot on

Danny is very worried at our lack of a creative player in centre midfield, missing Frecklington and Pett.
Reckons we need an extra player who can play that role.
Said O'Connor is still struggling.

Probably means something is in the pipeline.

"Danny is very worried at our lack of a creative player in centre midfield, missing Frecklington and Pett. "

I don't agree with Danny at all on this. I think we are more creative in midfield than we have ever been since Danny has been here. We just have nothing in the box though. Walker does his best work down the channels, just like Akinde does. Look at the stats the past two games - 40 shots, only 10 on target - and I can't remember either opposition goalkeeper having to make more than a routine save.

If we are going to use Akinde as a late impact sub, I would have kept Rhead and let Akinde go. As it is, we either need a new decent penalty box striker who attacks crosses, or sacrifice a winger and play a true 4-3-3 with Walker and Akinde together.

Not too concerned by today (wasn't there myself). A bit of tweaking in both boxes perhaps, but we're on the right track. On another week, we'd have 9 from 9.

The start feels very similar to our first handful of games back in L2, two seasons ago - a couple good result and a couple of nearly results.

Have we lost 3 on the spin under DC? If not, an interesting omen heading into Wednesday...

A disappointing result but the points total matches that expected under the "win at home, draw away" mantra. Three away games, including one against a relegated team and one against a play off team from last season...

We're doing well, playing well - and were wrongly denied a penalty today too...

Everton and then go again next Saturday...

Come on you Imps!!!!!!!!!!!©

Not too concerned by today (wasn't there myself). A bit of tweaking in both boxes perhaps, but we're on the right track. On another week, we'd have 9 from 9.

The start feels very similar to our first handful of games back in L2, two seasons ago - a couple good result and a couple of nearly results.

Have we lost 3 on the spin under DC? If not, an interesting omen heading into Wednesday...

3 on the spin could be Wednesday?

I think we need a league 1 savvy striker - someone who has played higher up and is looking for an Indian summer and not worried about the money - a forward playing shackle

If we had scored 3/4 today can afford the odd defensive slip but we are not so need the firepower

Glad MK are losing

Another game where we deserved something from the game. Until Donny scores we were arguably in the ascendency.

A point would have been another fair enough for both sides to me, however the ref has bottled the biggest decision of the day as Bruno was quite clearly fouled inside the box.

Not concerned, we are playing well. I actually think if we were prepared to speculate next week, we could well be amongst the top 7.

I think we need a league 1 savvy striker - someone who has played higher up and is looking for an Indian summer and not worried about the money - a forward playing shackle

If we had scored 3/4 today can afford the odd defensive slip but we are not so need the firepower

Glad MK are losing

Remind me of all the sides that score 3/4 every week and in which leagues they play?

Another game where we deserved something from the game. Until Donny scores we were arguably in the ascendency.

A point would have been another fair enough for both sides to me, however the ref has bottled the biggest decision of the day as Bruno was quite clearly fouled inside the box.

Not concerned, we are playing well. I actually think if we were prepared to speculate next week, we could well be amongst the top 7.

I agree I think we are short on numbers though and need 2/3 more

Glad MK are losing
Lord Shearer wouldn't have scored for ustoday. Walker got no service whatsoever. Apart from around his neck and ears. If we are going to give him that kind of supply, we should start with big John.