Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 155 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

I think you're wrong Daleks to assume that it was just right wingers voting Leave. You can't deny the significant Leave vote in many (Northern) Labour seats.

The reasons may be similar, but the ideology is (probably) different ........ if that isn't a contradiction !

In starting this I feel a Notts downward spiral coming on.
How about this then
Some traditional Labour voters often held what might be view as non-islington opinions on a range of topics

Aah Chambs...cracking lad but had some unfortunate habits concerning bodily functions. Whatever happened to him , from Platt Waz if memory serves.

Edit...bit hard to see but I've changed my photo. Me and Chambs both on it 1st year.
Yes Platt Bridge, can't see that image, who is the tutor sherringham, Yates or barlow

In starting this I feel a Notts downward spiral coming on.
How about this then
Some traditional Labour voters often held what might be view as non-islington opinions on a range of topics
Kinda, yep............ but remember, a certain Islington resident (really, deep down) wants to leave too.
?

I know that you have rejected this opinion of mine before.
Sorry that you are upset. Honest I like most people, it is a bit rich if you think I am blinkered, now you know how I feel.

Maybe leavers will get a populist right wing revolution, as a result of them being sold 'regain control'.
This all gets back to what type of leave did people vote for.
Got it, you did not want a right wing revolution.
How do you stop it now?

It is still ironic that the Conservatives of the right want the massive change of Brexit.
Whilst the remainers, are being conservative in wanting to to retain the current arrangements.

Fair play daleks.....prior to Brexit n Corbyn gaining power I erred on the side of Labour but was asked a few years ago did I want to stay or leave the EU.....I opted for Leave for various reasons, being in favour of the blue passport or a fear of immigration were not my reasons nor was it a right wing revolution, twas merely a middle ground where my feelings / thoughts were going to be taken into consideration. That may never see the light of day but it was what I was voting for & as to Moonay's 'keep your fingers crossed Jock'.......well I'm hoping that we do come out the otherside intact with little or no disruption with democracy upheld.
As to the fingers crossed......perhaps when the ship many moons ago set sail to find out that the world was indeed 'not flat' the said quayside watchers shouted to the sailors "fingers crossed you don't fall off the edge of the world"......... ?

We are lucky to have him as PM

IMG_20190825_105205.jpg

Now he has lied about pork pies, its treated as a joke by MSM.
Just like it would be if anyone from Labour had stated a similar mistruth

Last edited:
........... I will also say this again, on the ballot paper it did NOT say

Leave
Leave with deal
Remain

That's it in a nutshell no ifs buts or maybe's

That little slip of shitty paper has a lot to bloody answer for.

A deal was done that delivered (supposedly) on the vote for us to leave. However, it wasn't good enough for some.

Then again, others voted for a deal, cos that's what we/they were told we were gonna get.

It's a bugger, i'n't it,

So the Queen has approved the plan to prorogue parliament. Good. The country needs to exit the EU, this paralysis cannot continue. Boris has shown some proper leadership that has been distinctly lacking for years.

The EU should now be in no doubt that we are leaving and are deadly serious about doing so without any deal if necessary. If the EU wants our cash as part of a divorce settlement then they need to agree a deal, or at least remove the current backstop proposal from the one the previously inept PM agreed. It’s that simple.

Not really a fan of Tories, or Labour, more of a green party supporter, but fair-play to Boris, not messing about and we'll within his right.

Corbyn is a class A hypocrite, and labour are just a laughing stock party these days with him.

Parliament had many votes on how to tackle the deadlock and all voted down. EU stand by their stance on the deal that it won't be changed, The deal is a bad deal in terms of it being a very soft brexit.

What else can the government actually do other than stick with the result of the referendum, and leave with no deal? Parliament had their chance, opposition, have been so indecisive on what they actually want and left things way to late.

You can say now, considering the law of the withdrawal agreement, Boris is preparing for something what should of been done years ago, regardless of a deal being struck or not. It's covering your bases.

Boris knows the law of the withdrawal agreement and the referendum result, no deal is the only choice it seems other than binning brexit altogether, which if the opposition was actually serious about it, should of fought for it well over a year ago.

Fair-play Boris, think you are Abit of a weirdo, but atleast he is not messing around with things. This arc needs to end so we can concentrate rebuilding the UK.

So a PM (not elected by "the people"), is going to take deny Parliament the ability to do it's job (even though that was supposedly what the Leave campaign was all about), to enable us to "leave" the EU without the deal that was promised to be so easy to obtain.

Fair do. He's previously campaigned to stay in the EU, he's voted for and against "the deal", he said recently that no-deal was a million to one likelihood............ and he thinks The Donald is going to buy a few pies off us.

Aye fair do.

I'll give him credit here. If this is a negotiating strategy, and it works in forcing the EU to negotiate some changes, then fair enough, well done, he's had some big balls there. If on the other hand, it means us leaving the EU with bugger all, probably/possibly initiating the breakup of the union, causing rampant inflation, chaos at ports and creating shortages of essential items, then I hope the Buffoon dies a long, slow, lingering death, forever rueful of his utter stupidity and contempt for anyone but himself.

Aye, fair do.

So the Queen has approved the plan to prorogue parliament. Good. The country needs to exit the EU, this paralysis cannot continue. Boris has shown some proper leadership that has been distinctly lacking for years.

The EU should now be in no doubt that we are leaving and are deadly serious about doing so without any deal if necessary. If the EU wants our cash as part of a divorce settlement then they need to agree a deal, or at least remove the current backstop proposal from the one the previously inept PM agreed. It’s that simple.

For the first time I agree with you.
Let us stop this paralysis.
Let us remain in the EU.

Not really a fan of Tories, or Labour, more of a green party supporter, but fair-play to Boris, not messing about and we'll within his right.

Corbyn is a class A hypocrite, and labour are just a laughing stock party these days with him.

Parliament had many votes on how to tackle the deadlock and all voted down. EU stand by their stance on the deal that it won't be changed, The deal is a bad deal in terms of it being a very soft brexit.

What else can the government actually do other than stick with the result of the referendum, and leave with no deal? Parliament had their chance, opposition, have been so indecisive on what they actually want and left things way to late.

You can say now, considering the law of the withdrawal agreement, Boris is preparing for something what should of been done years ago, regardless of a deal being struck or not. It's covering your bases.

Boris knows the law of the withdrawal agreement and the referendum result, no deal is the only choice it seems other than binning brexit altogether, which if the opposition was actually serious about it, should of fought for it well over a year ago.

Fair-play Boris, think you are Abit of a weirdo, but atleast he is not messing around with things. This arc needs to end so we can concentrate rebuilding the UK.

What law of the WA?
I very much doubt that the Clown knows much about any legislation. He is not a details man.

So a PM (not elected by "the people"), is going to take deny Parliament the ability to do it's job (even though that was supposedly what the Leave campaign was all about), to enable us to "leave" the EU without the deal that was promised to be so easy to obtain.

Fair do. He's previously campaigned to stay in the EU, he's voted for and against "the deal", he said recently that no-deal was a million to one likelihood............ and he thinks The Donald is going to buy a few pies off us.

Aye fair do.

I'll give him credit here. If this is a negotiating strategy, and it works in forcing the EU to negotiate some changes, then fair enough, well done, he's had some big balls there. If on the other hand, it means us leaving the EU with bugger all, probably/possibly initiating the breakup of the union, causing rampant inflation, chaos at ports and creating shortages of essential items, then I hope the Buffoon dies a long, slow, lingering death, forever rueful of his utter stupidity and contempt for anyone but himself.

Aye, fair do.

Project fear yet again Moonay.....can u not for once give someone a bit of credit.... FrancosLoveChild's post above urs has some very valid points - nah why bother giving some credence to a post when project fears better.

I did reply to ur ' keep ur fingers crossed Jock'....re project fear......(flat earth etc)

Last edited: