Charlton game thread | Page 21 | Vital Football

Charlton game thread

I’ve not heard him say we’ve been lucky but if he has his definition could be completely different to yours.
You say we should have been a hatful down but on what basis?
Keepers are there to make saves and defenders are there to make last ditch tackles.

We can only deal in facts and the facts are neither Leeds or Charlton who are the form teams right now could beat us absolutely nothing to do with anything other than reality.

We are lucky to go back to Nottingham with a point because they played much better than us, especially in the first half.

They were quicker, more aggressive and more compact.

It was not before the 40th minute when we made more than three passes.

We played very bad.

Hodgy said they were relegation fodder didn't he? I don't need to ask actually, I know he did. Of course football is subjective and what Hodgy did say, I know the moaners like to glean bits and bobs, was that the forward line was awful and that getting it forward through the middle was good. For our fans, who didn't watch the games but instead chose the comfort of their sofas with the wireless, we were not terrible against WBA. The keeper was and we sat a little too deep, but we wasn't "shit". Leeds first half we were completely swarmed and attack wise we was "shit" but defensively we looked great. Second half we were good. Charlton a very similar story and Brum we were excellent to a man.

Defensively, this season we look superb. Lets not give Lamouchi any credit for that though.

Charlton we were awful for 45, Dawson and Worrall apart.

Birmingham fans think they're relegation fodder and were extremely lucky in previous games.

Not impressed with Mir at all.

Now change your question from shit to "potential promotion winners" and see what the answer is

No, because the general consensus is shit. I don't see anyone talking up promotion but plenty saying it's shit. So Besides Mir, what are they? Bog standard?

Charlton we were awful for 45, Dawson and Worrall apart.

Birmingham fans think they're relegation fodder and were extremely lucky in previous games.

Luck looks like how many points?

A football fans perspective is hilarious. I blame EA Sports.

I watched the Chelsea V Liverpool game and wasn't impressed at all. They are both shit.

No, because the general consensus is shit. I don't see anyone talking up promotion but plenty saying it's shit. So Besides Mir, what are they? Bog standard?

I think we had an average to decent players and have largely replaced them with more average to decent players with different faces.

I would back Lolley, Grabban, Dawson, Carvalho as players I would expect to grace a promotion winning squad.

A few others could be at that level for a while in an already confident, winning team

Nice one.

Forest fans do need a sense of perspective CP. I know you are not over enamoured by recruitment but this guy is your type of manager isn't he? I am sure you can see green shoots as you do know football a little more than most on here. (even though you haven't played at a decent level lol)

Stand them side by side to Sheffield UTD
In which case you would be comparing to the exception, not the rule. Last year's set of average players were able to very comfortably beat Sheffield United.

In reality you need to stand the current lot side by side with Fulham and Leeds who are the actual standard in this division

Charlton who haven't lost in the league yet and beat and outplayed "championship" Blackburn and Stoke?

Exactly my point Apollyon. A team gutted of a lot of their best players, having to bring in a raft of cheap replacements. So starting in a worse position than us, but having an excellent start.
Your using the excuse of new players etc, but doesn't seem to be effecting them too much?

I'm not saying a good start isn't desirable.

It is clear to everyone (surely) that we aren't likely to be promoted this year, and probably not even fighting for it.

I'm just saying that the start we have had, and particularly the performances are entirely in keeping with what is typical for forest in any season, whether it's one where we do well or not.

Last time we were promoted we won none of the first four.

Sorry Pope, I wasnt critisising you, it was others.
No, I don't think we will be challenging, but I think we should be, after all the sackings and promises, otherwise what was the point?
Consistently poor decision making when it comes to managers and players.

Im not excusing anything, especially poor performance but the good, is very good and if consistency can be instilled, we will do ok.

In which case you would be comparing to the exception, not the rule. Last year's set of average players were able to very comfortably beat Sheffield United.

In reality you need to stand the current lot side by side with Fulham and Leeds who are the actual standard in this division

Lest than 10% are the actual standard?

No wonder education is shot.

Lets look at our "XI" and see who is shit

Muric
Jenkinson/Cash
Worrall
Dawson
Semedo
Watson
Sow/Silva
Lolley
Ameobi/Adomah
Grabben/Mir

How many are "shit"

I've never said we are "shit", so hope you're not quoting me? I've just commented on our performances so far. But as you've asked:

Muric - jury still out.
Jenkinson/Cash - very good/promising
Worrall - excellent
Dawson - excellent
Semedo - poor
Watson - poor
Sow/Silva - not seen enough/poor
Lolley - excellent
Ameobi/Adomah - ok/good
Grabben/Mir - excellent/poor

Forest fans do need a sense of perspective CP. I know you are not over enamoured by recruitment but this guy is your type of manager isn't he? I am sure you can see green shoots as you do know football a little more than most on here. (even though you haven't played at a decent level lol)

I've played at fat bastard pub level I'll have you know...

I've posted positively about the manager, the players and the start but let's not put lipstick on her just yet.

I've never said we are "shit", so hope you're not quoting me? I've just commented on our performances so far. But as you've asked:

Muric - jury still out.
Jenkinson/Cash - very good/promising
Worrall - excellent
Dawson - excellent
Semedo - poor
Watson - poor
Sow/Silva - not seen enough/poor
Lolley - excellent
Ameobi/Adomah - ok/good
Grabben/Mir - excellent/poor

I am absolutely not singling out you Hardy.

I dont agree with your ratings, I think Semedo, bar the Charlton game has looked very good. Jury out also in respect of Silva and Sow, but on the whole over 50% of your ratings are good or excellent. Not a bad start after a few games?

Lest than 10% are the actual standard?

No wonder education is shot.
Standard for promotion, which is what I was talking about. We could alternatively talk pedantry while you start an argument again if you prefer?

Or better still, you could muster an actual argument rather than just asking questions of others.

Do you believe the squad we have signed this summer is capable of winning promotion under this manager? Bare in mind that the evidence doesn't point to him having years to achieve this

I dont agree with your ratings, I think Semedo, bar the Charlton game has looked very good. Jury out also in respect of Silva and Sow, but on the whole over 50% of your ratings are good or excellent. Not a bad start after a few games?

What it shows, is our defense has done well. The forwards ok, but no service to speak of. Grabban and Lolleys scores, based on past experience.
But the midfield poor on the whole. Which is what I've been saying so far this season. Our poor performance has largely come down to them.
I think our defence (Robinson aside, he is shit by the way!) Is looking decent.
What's letting us down, defensively and going forward, is the midfield.