Bournemouth v Manchester City - KO - 2.00pm GMT Sunday 25th August 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Bournemouth v Manchester City - KO - 2.00pm GMT Sunday 25th August 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
Get the shades out
We are off to the South Coast to visit the coastal resort town of Bournemouth and to the compact ground of Dean Court where we hope a capacity crowd of 11,329 will be packed in to watch the Champions play Eddie Howe's unbeaten team, who won away to Aston Villa last Saturday.

Pep, the players, the fans of City still seething about VAR, yes we wanted the technology to clear up the obvious errors like the Boly handball for wolves last season.

Can City pull themselves out of the doldrums and get back to the winning ways that we know they can, the Papers ranting of the split between Pep and Sergio, forgetting to mention the hug and make up later, but all that is history as City try and put the ball in the back of the net without and controversy from VAR.

City team News
Peps says Benjamin Mendy should be back in training in a week, Fernandinho was on the bench last Saturday, Olex Zinchenko says that it was just cramp that he went down with against Spurs and not anything more, John Stones has a rectus something or other and is out for up to 10 days says Pep in the players injury update

Head to Head
Played 14 won 12 drawn 2 lost 0 goals F33 A7
higher win away 4-0 2nd April 2016 goals scored by Fernando Kevin De Bruyne Sergio Aguero and Aleksandar Kolarov

Last time at Dean Court
2nd March this year, 10,699 to watch Riyad Mahrez score the only goal

Famous Bournemouth supporter
the one and only Jayne Middlemiss

Match Officials

Referee: Andre Marriner
Assistants:
Scott Ledger; Simon Long
Fourth official: Simon Hooper
VAR: Kevin Friend Assistant VAR: Matthew Wilkes

Up Next
Premier League - Manchester City v Brighton and Hove Albion Saturday 31st August 2019 kick off- 3pm BST

Last edited:
Bournemouth will be awarded a penalty after the ball strikes a defender's arm despite it being held by his side but VAR review will overrule the referee ? That's one they haven't tried on us yet.
what would be worse is that the FA change the rule on handball immediately, after it happens to Liverpool™®© and alters the scoreline accordingly without recourse to any appeal by other Clubs, Same applies to Justoutside Manchester United.

what would be worse is that the FA change the rule on handball immediately, after it happens to Liverpool™®© and alters the scoreline accordingly without recourse to any appeal by other Clubs, Same applies to Justoutside Manchester United.

You can bet there would be uproar if the dippers were denied a goal.

Surely they cannot tinker with it until the season is over. Surely.....

You can bet there would be uproar if the dippers were denied a goal.

Surely they cannot tinker with it until the season is over. Surely.....

You would think so but do not hold your breath on them secretly telling the VAR Ref to ignore any similar handballs in future, unless it involves us.

I wonder if this is the game which sees Fernie at centre half?

Thinking back to last season's game, no corners or attempts on goal for the home side.
If this also transpires this time, a Fernie stepping up into midfield with his passing range could be a key to unlocking a stubborn defence, although that equally could be the case with KDB.
The threat of Wilson may dictate a usual centre back pairing.

Good thoughts there Colin. His passing ability is certainly an asset from that position.
I thought Otamendi had a good game against Spurs - certainly not at fault for either goal conceded and he made one outstandingly well timed tackle in the second half.

If we manage 30 shots again, surely a few might hit the back of the net. I expect us to win and win well, but Mariner does worry me.

Good to see the levels of paranoia haven't flagged whilst I've been away :yes:

Got to win this one - Otamendi and Laporte really ought to have their wits about them following last weeks mash up. Not apportioning blame, the whole team needs to score more and concede less. Will be interesting to see the side PG puts out, so many variables all over the shop.

I wonder if this is the game which sees Fernie at centre half?

Thinking back to last season's game, no corners or attempts on goal for the home side.
If this also transpires this time, a Fernie stepping up into midfield with his passing range could be a key to unlocking a stubborn defence, although that equally could be the case with KDB.
The threat of Wilson may dictate a usual centre back pairing.

I don't think so, it is good to get a traditional pairing of Otamendi and Laporte bonding and only use Ferna when you have to, or almost certainly in the domestic trophies

Bournemouth team news......

Lewis Cook has returned to training but will not feature on Sunday. David Brooks, Arnaut Danjuma, Dan Gosling, Simon Francis, Lloyd Kelly and Junior Stanislas also remain out for The Cherries.

Bournemouth team news......

Lewis Cook has returned to training but will not feature on Sunday. David Brooks, Arnaut Danjuma, Dan Gosling, Simon Francis, Lloyd Kelly and Junior Stanislas also remain out for The Cherries.

Then I hope complacency does not creep into our game

Gosh it seems an awfully long time since the disappointing ending to last weekend's game. That felt like a defeat ?

Need to get right back on the horse tomorrow!

As it currently stands...

Ederson Walker Zinchenko Fernie Laporte Rodri D Silva De Bruyne
B Silva Sterling G Jesus

Cancelo Otamendi Gundogan Mahrez Foden Aguero