City Gossip | Page 48 | Vital Football

City Gossip

It seems we have some genuinely nice blokes on this squad. What a humble guy. His parents did a magnificent job raising him.:clap:

There have been a number of times recently where Pep has spoken about the character of the players at our club - Rodri is the latest.

Clearly a high premium is placed on this as a major factor in our recruitment policy/process......and I, for one,find that wholey in keeping with how I want my club to be.

There have been a number of times recently where Pep has spoken about the character of the players at our club - Rodri is the latest.

Clearly a high premium is placed on this as a major factor in our recruitment policy/process......and I, for one,find that wholey in keeping with how I want my club to be.
My feelings as well.

It seems Leroy opted to have surgery in Innsbruck rather than Barcelona under Pep’s preferred knee surgeon Dr Cugat. German/Bayern sources seem to be reading a lot into what Pep describes as a ‘personal decision’ and may be nothing more than the lad wanting to be treated closer to his family but we will wait and see.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.c...rgery-bayern-munich-manchester-city-liverpool

In the meantime City have shown faith in his recovery by apparently leaving the contract offer on the table.

This saga is set to continue for some time.

He will do a Milner I cannot see him signing it, but still we should not reduce the price because he will have less time, lots of ifs and buts to be mulled over when he recovers

It’s quite possible it will go that way depending on whether Bayern keep up their interest. Hang on, go on free and collect a huge signing on fee. You get a massive limo sum and the cost to the buying club is effectively reduced.......but a lot can happen in two years.

Yes - I don't understand why this doesn't always seem to be an absolute requirement. Maybe because we've got more money than most we can fish in a bigger pond, we no longer have any need to make panic buys etc. I imagine more clubs pay attention to this than in the past, you need strong characters.

He will do a Milner I cannot see him signing it, but still we should not reduce the price because he will have less time, lots of ifs and buts to be mulled over when he recovers

Can't understand why he doesn't want to stay as long as PG does, he is still so young why not learn from the best coach around - unless he really doesn't like chasing down opponents and would rather hug the touchline and wait for a pass. Loads of time to go and play for Bayern if that's what he wants to do.

Can't understand why he doesn't want to stay as long as PG does, he is still so young why not learn from the best coach around - unless he really doesn't like chasing down opponents and would rather hug the touchline and wait for a pass. Loads of time to go and play for Bayern if that's what he wants to do.

A classic give me more money or I leave anyway if he sees out his contract he will make more just like Milner did.

Didn't Keegan do this back in the 70's (or early 80's) when he moved to Hamburg (or Saints, memory is shot, sorry).

No Bosman did not do his stuff until the 90s and Keegan went to Hamburg for a record fee of £500k, It was in those days if your contract ran out then a fee would still be demanded even though you did not want to stay