Bolton | Page 9 | Vital Football

Bolton

Bolton have postponed tomorrow nights game against Donny.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49399958
Wow, in dire straits - and rightfully so, a debt of a fifth of a billion pounds (!!!!!!) and they want to spout about welfare of young players?

What about the welfare of all those businesses they've cheated?

The EFL should really go to town on this one....

Perhaps they should be positioned next season to take on another old club - County.

But only if they get through the qualifying stages of the FA cup to face them....

Dear lord...

Perhaps they spelt entitlement as enlightenment...

Bolt-on to be Buryed...

That’s a disgrace. Welfare of young players? What next, we can’t play tomorrow because we got beat last week and are upset and crying about it. If I was a Donny fan I’d be fuming.

Absolutely.
How about we ask for our Trophy matches to be delayed as it means some of our players have a run around twice in a few days?

They are a big professional football club.
If they can't find 11 senior players to play for them, then tough.

Joke.
They want to play matches when it suits them, with the players they want.
Deduct enough points to make relegation a certainty if this goes ahead.

Can we cancel our games until everyone's fit, and maybe wait and see if we can pick up a handy player or two before the window closes?

Am I being mad here - but, when I was 19 I had tenfold the energy that I have now (29)...

Yes exactly.

And did they not have 8000 or so at recent home game?
Must have cleared over £100k in cash?
And they can't field 11 players??
Most senior semi-pro clubs would be delighted with that amount of cash available. And they manage to field 11 decent senior players week in, week out.
Accrington Stanley must operate on a far smaller budget that that and can field 11 League One standard players.

Quite pathetic.

Yes exactly.

Most senior semi-pro clubs would be delighted with that amount of cash available. And they manage to field 11 decent senior players week in, week out.
Accrington Stanley must operate on a far smaller budget that that and can field 11 League One standard players.

Quite pathetic.

Bolton aren't offering any contracts to players until the takeover is complete.

Yes exactly.

Quite pathetic.

It’s sadly very predictable too
The EFL have allowed themselves to become drag into this sorry mess not once but twice at the same time ....remarkable
Clearly setting ridiculous precedent for future clubs to use in times of trouble it’ll be called ‘pulling a bolton’ or the ‘bury clause’

Unbelievable. Bolton are bloody lucky to be playing at all, youth team or not. They should be over the moon just to be able to fulfill their fixtures anyway they can. But instead they are now playing fast and loose with the EFL and the members of League 1, and the only reason I can actually see is some bizarre sense of entitlement that makes them think they are bigger and better than anyone else. They still haven't been punished for a unilateral postponement last season, so they're probably banking on the EFL letting this one pass too.

This directly impacts on us too, as noted above.

I used to enjoy seeing them punch above their weight in the Prem, but now they can just feck off to the NW Counties league as far as I'm concerned.

Bolton aren't offering any contracts to players until the takeover is complete.
What a joke this has become! Bolton calling the shots and deciding when and where they fancy playing. The league couldn’t act quick enough when Leeds transgressed and got a bigger penalty. Dock Bolton 30 points for this season and the same for next. If they cancel another game then boot them out of the league.
I recall Guernsey were made to play 18 matches in April because of a fixture back log due to bad weather....and they did! Bolton seem to be allowed to do as they please.

The more I think about this, the more I begin to realise that actually, Bolton are dictating terms to the EFL which is totally wrong! They really are taking the piss now and the EFL should tell them that if they do not fulfill the fixture they will be kicked out of the League with immediate effect! As someone mentioned above, a dangerous precedent will be set otherwise.