Bolton | Page 8 | Vital Football

Bolton

Quote Parkinson,
"We are Bolton Wanderers, one of the founder members of the Football League, and we’ve had enough. It is just unacceptable.”
Bolton wanting special treatment again. So far they have over spent on players they couldn't afford. They failed to turn up for a game when it didn't suit them (as yet unpunished). The incoming preferred buyer would like to cut a deal with the EFL to not immediately pay their dues to the players/others owed money so they can buy some more players. Now they would like their games suspending while they can get their **** together as their youth team are a bit pooped. Who the Hell do they think they are - oh yeah massive club Bolton, founder members of the Football League.
Obviously the other clubs should have a whip round for them, demand that the docked 12 points are reinstated and absolutely insist that no further action is taken for the Brentford match. The founder members should then only naturally sit down with the EFL and decide when they would like to play their games and as a courtesy let their opponents know when that may be.

Quote Parkinson,
"We are Bolton Wanderers, one of the founder members of the Football League, and we’ve had enough.”
Isn't that part of their problem? Bolton and Bury seem convinced that their longevity as FL clubs and an FA Cup winning history somehow entitles them to be excused, and renders their jaw-dropping financial profligacy irrelevant. 'We have overspent to the tune of £205 million, we have cheated every supporter of every club we have played in the last fifteen years, and we have cheated every citizen of the UK through non-payment of taxes. But come on guys, so what? We are a great club and won the FA Cup in 1958.'

Isn't that part of their problem? Bolton and Bury seem convinced that their longevity as FL clubs and an FA Cup winning history somehow entitles them to be excused, and renders their jaw-dropping financial profligacy irrelevant. 'We have overspent to the tune of £205 million, we have cheated every supporter of every club we have played in the last fifteen years, and we have cheated every citizen of the UK through non-payment of taxes. But come on guys, so what? We are a great club and won the FA Cup in 1958.'
It’s not as if they’ve mismanaged finances just the once either! These clubs should be shown the door, either in being shoved downwards a division or two or booted out.

Feel for the fans in all of this, but again mismanaged finances and now it’s not going their way they want to be special treatment.

If they don’t conclude a deal before the transfer window they will be in League 2 next year as a definite.

Feel for the fans in all of this, but again mismanaged finances and now it’s not going their way they want to be special treatment.

If they don’t conclude a deal before the transfer window they will be in League 2 next year as a definite.
Haven't they already got loads of players signed on/lined up but aren't allowed to play them until the CVA and new ownership goes through? If true that's probably another reason why they want their fixtures delaying, I'm under no illusion that BWFC will suddenly emerge with a squad packed with really good players.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/spo...whites-hotel-administrators-say-sale-delayed/

The plot thickens.

The comments below the article are comedy gold, this a corker!

"This is now one huge mess, I'm not an expert in these things but we know FV are the preferred bidder for the club, but I can't see them competing with Boohoo for the hotel, they'll simply outbid them and then the administratorsame are duty bound to take the best offer for the creditors? If this scenario unfolds then I'd guess FV would walk away and Bolton would be facing liquidation!
If we have to wait two weeks for the sale, the window will be shut. I think the EFL now need to suspend Bolton games, there could be huge implications come the end of the season if we some how survive and teams have had an easy ride, if we don't then it's pretty simple, take points off the teams we've played.
For a long time I've felt that people are actively plotting to liquidate our club as the land is worth far more than what the club and hotel generate! Hope I'm wrong though"

I read that to mean take the points off the teams that had earnt them against an under strength Bolton team, effectively resetting Bolton to zero played ala Bury, and removing the advantage other teams have over the rest of the league that had not yet played Bolton. So, not so self-centred really. Not practical obviously. This is all well beyond farcical.

I read that to mean take the points off the teams that had earnt them against an under strength Bolton team, effectively resetting Bolton to zero played ala Bury, and removing the advantage other teams have over the rest of the league that had not yet played Bolton. So, not so self-centred really. Not practical obviously. This is all well beyond farcical.
Not very well written, but that was how I also read this.

I read it as if Bolton do not survive the points will be taken off the teams they have already played, which is surely what would happen as all their results would be cancelled by the EFL.

I read it as if Bolton do not survive the points will be taken off the teams they have already played, which is surely what would happen as all their results would be cancelled by the EFL.
Someone threw a cup of tea over me at the old Burnden Park when a few of us went to a midweek league cup tie in the late 1970s when there was no segregation for us. So,I’ve never much liked that club...maybe it’s karma payback time ?

Only players who are free agents. Who can be signed by any club at the time.
But it's the stark difference between the present weakness of their side and the future (relative) strength. You dont get that with a 'normal' side who signs some free agents during the season. The problem is them being allowed to play their youth team now.

If only for the fans sake I hope they don't actually go bust. I would be happy for them to come out of their CVA after the transfer window closes which should then allow for all the L1 clubs to play a weakened Bolton side once before the January window. In January they can then sign who they want provided they still get relegated to their rightful place in L2 where they can take their dose of humility.

Quote Parkinson,
"We are Bolton Wanderers, one of the founder members of the Football League, and we’ve had enough. It is just unacceptable.”
[/QUOTE]

You want sympathy off us you over paying bunch of cheats.

Get a buyer or piss off and take your history with you.
We've had enough. It is just unacceptable.

Club statement:

" It is with real regret and a deepening sense of frustration that we have been forced to postpone tomorrow's fixture against Doncaster Rovers.

Whilst the threat of further EFL sanctions is obvious, nothing can be allowed to impact on the welfare of such a young group of players. With so many senior players injured or unavailable, the squad has performed heroically and deserves so much credit.

But after consultation with the club's medical staff, it is obvious that to call on them for another match without an adequate break would be detrimental to both their welfare and development which cannot be allowed.

We were able to bring in reinforcements before the match against Coventry because the deal was so close to completion. Now, following recent events, the legal position of various parties has altered which means a delay in completion. In this situation, it is very difficult to attract available players to the club.

I will be discussing the implications with the EFL but in the meantime, I would call on all parties involved with the acquisition of the club and hotel to end this intolerable delay and secure once and for all the future of Bolton Wanderers.

Further details on reimbursement for any tickets sold for tomorrow's game will follow."