Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 460 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Football is just a vehicle for racism.

It's things like Brexit and Donald Trump that are fueling racism in general.

When the leader of the free world is so obviously racist and able to get away with it people think its ok.

Agree. When you get populist leaders spouting nationalist guff to cover up for the fact that they have no real plans and are achieving nothing, all they can do is shout Make America Great Again as it goes down the pan. Bojo is cut from the same cloth and its self entitled jerks like these that give air cover to closet racists to feel emboldened and spout this shit openly.

Is racism a lot more prevelant in London than the rest of the Country?

That kind of language just seems so 1980's to me as a Midlander, but it seems Chelsea fans, Milwall fans, QPR fans, are still at it.

Is it just those clubs or a generic London thing?

You'd actually think London would be ahead of the game, as there are more foreigners than Londoners down there, Black and Asian people down there are a generation ahead of the rest of the country.
I understand white middle-class areas being racist but not London or Birmingham really don't get that one.
There again White middle-class areas are the ones who claim not to be racist, I guess they don't get the irony.

Watching the last episode of the Leeds documentary on Amazon this morning. Wasn't interested in the rest of the series but the last one features their home game against us.

They fail to mention at any point that the reason we were so apoplectic about the goal incident is not because they played on when Kodjia was down but because Roberts faked that he was going to put the ball out then played Klitch through. That's why Bielsa, seemingly the only decent person connected with that club insisted on them giving the goal back.

Then the Bamford diving incident Is basically blamed on El Ghazi by the Leeds players. They do take the piss out of Bamford majorly and he admits to making a meal of it but he also claims that El Ghazi "touched" him and made a genuine attempt to attack him. He compares it to attempted murder where just because someone fails to kill their victim it's still a crime. He somehow manages to say this with a straight face all the way through.

Its currently paused 15 minutes in and about to go into the play offs. I can't wait to see the reaction of their fans who mostly seem to be Scandinavians who all started supporting the club in the 60s or 70s.

Last edited:
You'd actually think London would be ahead of the game, as there are more foreigners than Londoners down there, Black and Asian people down there are a generation ahead of the rest of the country.
I understand white middle-class areas being racist but not London or Birmingham really don't get that one.
There again White middle-class areas are the ones who claim not to be racist, I guess they don't get the irony.

I always thought overt racism to be a working class thing. Us middle class people would never express our racism overtly.

It ain't London it's Millwall. Makes Small Heath a shining light of enlightenment and intelligence.

The types producing this stuff on "social" media come across as dim witted scum incapable of putting an intelligent thought together, even when they're not being racist. A small minority.

I always thought overt racism to be a working class thing. Us middle class people would never express our racism overtly.

It's just done subtly by making sure you don't live by any black people then spouting how you are not racist. White people are not racist until a black person moves next door. What em move!
In saying that Black people are just as racist I live in Smethwick I should know, I used to live in West Hagley so I've seen both sides of things.

Does anyone remember curry and chips, Well ahead of its time

Good spirited stereotypical racial banter

Tammy should've stayed with us. I've seen Villa fans launch pitch invasions, punch each other in the face, put a dildo on their head and a throw a cabbage at a manager, but never racism.

Watching the last episode of the Leeds documentary on Amazon this morning. Wasn't interested in the rest of the series but the last one features their home game against us.

They fail to mention at any point that the reason we were so apoplectic about the goal incident is not because they played on when Kodjia was down but because Roberts faked that he was going to put the ball out then played Klitch through. That's why Bielsa, seemingly the only decent person connected with that club insisted on them giving the goal back.

Then the Bamford diving incident Is basically blamed on El Ghazi by the Leeds players. They do take the piss out of Bamford majorly and he admits to making a meal of it but he also claims that El Ghazi "touched" him and made a genuine attempt to attack him. He compares it to attempted murder where just because someone fails to kill their victim it's still a crime. He somehow manages to say this with a straight face all the way through.

Its currently paused 15 minutes in and about to go into the play offs. I can't wait to see the reaction of their fans who mostly seem to be Scandinavians who all started supporting the club in the 60s or 70s.
I've sat and watched the whole series this afternoon, the Bamford thing was pathetic and summed that shithole up. I've spent a lot of time in Leeds over the last 20 years as my brother in law has his dentistry there, great city but it seems like all of there fans are dregged from the sinkhole estates. The ground is 75% dump. They got cocky and it was a cake walk for promotion.

I'm not a fan of VAR as it's still subjective but wow the goal-line technology is brilliant. It just spotted a goal for Huddersfield the ref had no chance with

Tammy should've stayed with us. I've seen Villa fans launch pitch invasions, punch each other in the face, put a dildo on their head and a throw a cabbage at a manager, but never racism.
In all fairness we used to have a few knuckleheads selling the bulldog magazine in the cabin back in the day. Blues because of forced the love of the brothers labelled us all racist by default ignoring the fact that the apex with the most racist firm in the country whilst the c crew was probably the first multicultural firm in the country. Don’t even start me on the hard-core because if you believe what you read they were a branch of Hitler youth, nothing further from the truth

In all fairness we used to have a few knuckleheads selling the bulldog magazine in the cabin back in the day. Blues because of forced the love of the brothers labelled us all racist by default ignoring the fact that the apex with the most racist firm in the country whilst the c crew was probably the first multicultural firm in the country. Don’t even start me on the hard-core because if you believe what you read they were a branch of Hitler youth, nothing further from the truth
I have absolutely no idea what you just said.

Won one, I think. Should have sacked him in the summer if that was the thinking. Sacking him now just seems wrong.