Who is going to do the write up against les blues today????? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Who is going to do the write up against les blues today?????

Forest gave me what I said I wanted today- a high number of Xg and lots of chances created, even if they weren't converted. The game should have been 6 or 7-0 but I was most pleased by how many good chances we created compared to the previous games.

I and others were very sceptical of SB's decision to play two out and out defensive midfielders and only three attacking players. We were right to be sceptical- the chart below shows that our attacking play in terms of chance creation actually remained quite poor until the hour mark- when he started bringing attacking players like Silva and Adomah on for the likes of Semedo and Sow. Nothing wrong with how these two played, but they are not really creators and we suffered for that.

Screenshot_20190817-175427_Samsung Internet.jpg
What made the difference was two things; a) our three attacking players all had absolutely outstanding games, which combined with b) Birmingham being the worst team we have seen at the CG in months if not years.

We were actually very poor in the first 15 minutes. But Lolley scored out of no where and then created another. After another ten minutes or so of good attacking play (a 20 minute spell altogether) the rest of the first half we were dead.

Second half, for the first 10 minutes or so Birmingham were the better team. At about 55 minutes we made our first attacking sub, with Silva coming on. We got better and better from there, and you can see this in our Xg on the chart.

What SB was doing was having Cash and Robinson effectively as wingbacks with Watson dropping into the defence to make a three when we have the ball. As a consequence, Cash barely did any defending today (although I didn't feel he had his most effective game going forward either). It's a decent idea and I can see why he played Sow as well. The problem is that Semedo isn't attacking enough to cover for the loss of Silva.

Ultimately, Birmingham were an absolute shambles and that allowed us to run riot and have a great time.

Grabban, Ameobi and Mir all missed golden chances. I loved Dawson's goal, which was a fantastic header from a great corner. Ameobi was superb all game as a 'target winger'. His physicality caused all sorts of problems. No one can claim Grabban didn't put a shift in

Forest gave me what I said I wanted today- a high number of Xg and lots of chances created, even if they weren't converted. The game should have been 6 or 7-0 but I was most pleased by how many good chances we created compared to the previous games.

I and others were very sceptical of SB's decision to play two out and out defensive midfielders and only three attacking players. We were right to be sceptical- the chart below shows that our attacking play in terms of chance creation actually remained quite poor until the hour mark- when he started bringing attacking players like Silva and Adomah on for the likes of Semedo and Sow. Nothing wrong with how these two played, but they are not really creators and we suffered for that.

View attachment 34588
What made the difference was two things; a) our three attacking players all had absolutely outstanding games, which combined with b) Birmingham being the worst team we have seen at the CG in months if not years.

We were actually very poor in the first 15 minutes. But Lolley scored out of no where and then created another. After another ten minutes or so of good attacking play (a 20 minute spell altogether) the rest of the first half we were dead.

Second half, for the first 10 minutes or so Birmingham were the better team. At about 55 minutes we made our first attacking sub, with Silva coming on. We got better and better from there, and you can see this in our Xg on the chart.

What SB was doing was having Cash and Robinson effectively as wingbacks with Watson dropping into the defence to make a three when we have the ball. As a consequence, Cash barely did any defending today (although I didn't feel he had his most effective game going forward either). It's a decent idea and I can see why he played Sow as well. The problem is that Semedo isn't attacking enough to cover for the loss of Silva.

Ultimately, Birmingham were an absolute shambles and that allowed us to run riot and have a great time.

Grabban, Ameobi and Mir all missed golden chances. I loved Dawson's goal, which was a fantastic header from a great corner. Ameobi was superb all game as a 'target winger'. His physicality caused all sorts of problems. No one can claim Grabban didn't put a shift in
Agree almost on everything...apart from, the Lolley nd Grabban things....both players scored ndolley even had an assist but if you consider the 90 minutes, I think that apart what I mentioned above, Lolley didn't do much, intact I think that on occasions he was a bit selfish nd if he passed the ball earlier we would have created even more...same applies to Grabs ...the difference was that we r not relaying only on them now..other players r contributing nd giving a headache to the opposition. Maybe Birmingham were poor today, but it was their first defeat of the season, nd if we r hoping to challenge for a top 6 place...that's how we have to play against so called lower or equal teams..just my opinion

Good to see that we seem to have finally got players that can't be bullied out of games, and it looks as if they play a bit as well. Charlton look as if they will be a sterner test but lots of good signs. Still worried about the striker situation though.

Watson played well but Brum didn't rush him at all, teams like Leeds wouldn't let him stroll and pick passes but today he did the job and used the ball well. Can't see him being as useful against a higher intensity sides, he just doesn't have it to recover when caught out. Sow was really good again today strong, kept the ball and good passing looks a clever signing. Semedo maybe a bit quieter didn't make any big runs but did win the ball back a lot, Silva again looked good when he got on. We've a decent squad everywhere but up top, let's hope grabban and Mir can keep fit.

I'll hold my hands up gladly, it was an excellent performance. Even the usually poor Watson and Robinson played well.
Yes, it was against the poorest side I've seen here in years, but you can only beat what's in front of you . I still think the central midfield needs tweaking, we looked better there when Silva replaced Semedo (not that he had a bad game today) and ultimately Bostock needs to replace Watson.
But excellent performance today.

It's a pity certain posters feel the need to call others names just because their views differ. We are all Forest fans and all want the best for the club, even if opinions differ from time to time.
Redross and red bread, I dont recall insulting you when you "proved" wrong after the terrible West Brom and Leeds performances, so why do you feel the need now?

Watson has been decent every game this season.

Cash has been very good every game this season, theres absolutely no reason at all to call for Jenkinson.

Robinson had his best game of the season today.
I don't think Jenkinson would have done worse than Cash going forward today to be honest

Cash is a luxury you can afford to play against weaker and vulnerable teams where you want to add an extra attacking danger.

In a game where you need more reliable defending against a strong winger you'll play Jenkinson. Cash has done alright at defending but he just isn't that great at it no matter how much you want him to be

I don't think Jenkinson would have done worse than Cash going forward today to be honest

Cash is a luxury you can afford to play against weaker and vulnerable teams where you want to add an extra attacking danger.

In a game where you need more reliable defending against a strong winger you'll play Jenkinson. Cash has done alright at defending but he just isn't that great at it no matter how much you want him to be

Let's see how your narrative holds up over the season, it's already softened after just 3 games.