Transfer rumors | Page 320 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

I suspect he is Billy Big Bollocks now and does not listen, from what i have seen of him and i have a mate who is a big Baggies fan he thinks he is a waste of space also

Clubs who have faced a similar crisis of having few or poor quality strikers have played the false number 9 system. It was noticeable that in the Leeds game Grabban, particularly early in second half was dropping deep to pick the ball up. Often in own half. The Leeds centre backs were unsure to go with him.

In the Fleetwood game Silva's goal was a typical false number 9 goal where he filled the space usually occupied by a striker. SL has consistently said the goals this season is likely to besmeared across the team. Perhaps it is bin design that Forest are going to be short in the striker dept this season.

While I see your point, I don't think we should be relying on attacking midfielders, Like Silva and Carvalho to get the bulk of the goals for us. Sure they should chip in with a few goals but they don't have a goalscoreres instinct. Grabban has it and we are in a pickle if, as sods law dictates, he gets injured.

The club has gambled on Mir but he doesn't look up to it. Someone in authority lacks judgment, I'm afraid. There is no excuse for a club of our size, with a fan base such as ours, being so lacking in the striker role. It's quite unbelievable actually.

Pretty early just to write Mir off, he looked ok v Leeds.

I'm not writing him off but he's played twice for Wolves and twice for Valencia. His main experience last year was in La Liga 2 where he managed 7 goals in 30 games. So very inexperienced in terms of the Championship level. He is highly unlikely to get us the goals we need IMO. He's just learning his trade.

Mir was utterly useless against Fleetwood. Might as well have been with 10 men at times.

Looks to me like the kind of striker who might be decent as part of a 2, but centrally on his own he looks a long way from being what we need.

Big screw up this summer a) selling and alienating existing strikers and b) failing to replace them

Mir was utterly useless against Fleetwood. Might as well have been with 10 men at times.

Looks to me like the kind of striker who might be decent as part of a 2, but centrally on his own he looks a long way from being what we need.

Big screw up this summer a) selling and alienating existing strikers and b) failing to replace them

I don’t think anyone can argue the logic of your last paragraph.

We’re paying these alienated strikers’ wages so essentially we’re cutting off our noses to spite our faces whichever way you look at it. If we play them and they do the business we benefit. If we play them and they do well we get better offers for them in the next window. I don’t buy into the “let them rot in the reserves” argument when we don’t have an embarrassment of riches up front to start with.

Whatever happened to players getting clean slates under new coaches/managers? I am of course more referring to Cummings who was decent enough in Scotland to warrant at least a place on the bench in the Championship. Have the club ostracised him because it seems improbable that, if Cummings is prepared to knuckle down, that every manager discards him?

I’m sure plenty of players at plenty of other clubs have fallen out of favour with one coach/manager and found favour with the next coach/manager, but it appears that every coach/manager we have had recently hasn’t gone anywhere near Cummings for some reason. Maybe he needs one coach/manager to get stuck into him and I’m sure we’d have a half decent player on our hands.

Though I’m sure most will disagree with me!

I don’t think anyone can argue the logic of your last paragraph.

We’re paying these alienated strikers’ wages so essentially we’re cutting off our noses to spite our faces whichever way you look at it. If we play them and they do the business we benefit. If we play them and they do well we get better offers for them in the next window. I don’t buy into the “let them rot in the reserves” argument when we don’t have an embarrassment of riches up front to start with.

Whatever happened to players getting clean slates under new coaches/managers? I am of course more referring to Cummings who was decent enough in Scotland to warrant at least a place on the bench in the Championship. Have the club ostracised him because it seems improbable that, if Cummings is prepared to knuckle down, that every manager discards him?

I’m sure plenty of players at plenty of other clubs have fallen out of favour with one coach/manager and found favour with the next coach/manager, but it appears that every coach/manager we have had recently hasn’t gone anywhere near Cummings for some reason. Maybe he needs one coach/manager to get stuck into him and I’m sure we’d have a half decent player on our hands.

Though I’m sure most will disagree with me!

Not just Forest managers that had an issue with Cummings, barely featured for Posh after trashing his rented flat and not that many appearances sat Luton either.

We knew he was 'a bit of a character' - but at some point you have to stop being jack the lad and earn the copious salary he's being paid.

What, so he’s finished as a footballer full stop?

As I say, he seems to need a coach to get stuck into him, get him back on track, and who knows? We’re paying his wages and the coach’s wages, it’s up to the coach to coach him. Clean slates and all that. That’s my opinion anyway.