Ben Coker | Page 3 | Vital Football

Ben Coker

Starting to wonder due to the budget being used if this guy might not turn up until January due to a mixture of his injury and our finances?
Thoughts?

According to his vlogs for the BBC (and articles elsewhere), I have a feeling he is not due to return to fitness until October. Perhaps that changes the landscape a bit?

I did notice DC talking about players with diabetes last week - the likes of Jack Muldoon and Craig Stanley fall into that category. But so does Ben Coker. A coincidence?

According to his vlogs for the BBC (and articles elsewhere), I have a feeling he is not due to return to fitness until October. Perhaps that changes the landscape a bit?

I did notice DC talking about players with diabetes last week - the likes of Jack Muldoon and Craig Stanley fall into that category. But so does Ben Coker. A coincidence?
Sounds like unless he's going to play for free he won't be coming, but it's often difficult to second guess DC. He'd be a good addition if we give him time to fully recover, but given the size of the squad can we afford to potentially carry someone who may not be fully match fit until October/November? The longer this one goes the more I can see it not happening.

Presumably he’s not registered so could sign outside the window should that be appropriate

Why don't the Radio Lincs guys just ask DC what's happening with him? Unless they've been told not to ask ?

Exactly.

There will be an understanding between club and press.

Club like the publicity but press if they want a steer on inside info, have to make sure they don’t ask questions the club would be uncomfortable with, shall we say.

Why don't the Radio Lincs guys just ask DC what's happening with him? Unless they've been told not to ask ?

I don't remember a time when DC admitted we were in discussions with, or were trying to buy, anyone before the Press announcement of the signing, so I am not sure what point there would be about asking the question about any particular player - even the ones we have had on loan.

I still think he's all signed, done and dusted. DC's playing the 'no money' card and Coker appears.

Everyone's surprised and reflects well on DC for apparently getting someone like Coker in on little money, even if he'll probably be on a decent wage (not a higher earner, but squad wage)

I still think he's all signed, done and dusted. DC's playing the 'no money' card and Coker appears.

Everyone's surprised and reflects well on DC for apparently getting someone like Coker in on little money, even if he'll probably be on a decent wage (not a higher earner, but squad wage)
In his last bbc video, Coker was celebrating being able to run, on the Southend pitch before their last game of the season. May 4th.
So, where has he been running and training with us all the time since? Have we got him stashed away at a secret facility?

It is like the luque situation but in reverse. where luque was highly visible last pre-season but didn’t sign for ages, Coker is truly invisible but has apparently signed ages ago.