Tyler Walker | Page 8 | Vital Football

Tyler Walker

Good news for JA. He had to carry one heck of a load last season and for a big man playing the lone striker role must have taken it's toll. This gives DC a much more horses for courses option than last season and both will get their fill of game time in formations and set ups that play to their respective strengths. Well that's my theory anyway.

I think Bostwick was the biggest 'WOW'.

During our first season upon our return to the Football League, I had the pleasure to do one of those 'Training Days' with my son, during the course of which, we saw both Bostwick and Woodyard together. I said to Bossie "good to see you here, best signing of the season" to which Woody replied "what about me?" I replied "you were last season's best signing!"

Bossie laughed!

Good news for JA. He had to carry one heck of a load last season and for a big man playing the lone striker role must have taken it's toll. This gives DC a much more horses for courses option than last season and both will get their fill of game time in formations and set ups that play to their respective strengths. Well that's my theory anyway.

Indeed the pressure this season will be taking a limited number of chances per game compared to last season

Big season for him.
His dad was arguably the best defender of his generation, odd both his sons are forwards, must have taught how to evade defenders to poach chances.

Big season for him.
His dad was arguably the best defender of his generation, odd both his sons are forwards, must have taught how to evade defenders to poach chances.

You don't want to be a lumbering defender like your poor old dad. ;)

I did have a degree of sympathy for them until I read their arrogance!

I think a lot of them have PTSD from the football free fall they have had.

I think they are living in the year 1998 and big Dion has given them their highest finish.

That town......... is coming like a ghost town....

To be fair we were 'bigger' than them throughout the 1950s. Granted that is a long time ago. Not as long ago as when we were founder members of Football League Division 2. Which Warwickshire league they were in at the time I have no idea.
Cheated their way into League 1 last season, ( poor old Notts).
They reckon they're gonna do the double over us, We'll see.
Remember the banners at their last top flight game saying ' We'll be back '. I don't think so.

To be fair we were 'bigger' than them throughout the 1950s. Granted that is a long time ago. Not as long ago as when we were founder members of Football League Division 2. Which Warwickshire league they were in at the time I have no idea.
Remember the banners at their last top flight game saying ' We'll be back '. I don't think so.

I know Twitter is no gauge for anything, but the abuse I have taken for lording it over Hobo fans in the most terrible fashion reflects rather poorly on their support.

All the clubs sorry I mean stadiums are being closed down!

I know Twitter is no gauge for anything, but the abuse I have taken for lording it over Hobo fans in the most terrible fashion reflects rather poorly on their support.
And you lording a signing over them paints us in a good light?

Coventry are a bigger club than us, just look at league positions last season. Immediate sign.

What matters though is we have signed Walker and they haven’t.

Coventry are a bigger club than us, just look at league positions last season. Immediate sign.

Wasn't me who started it.

An alright striker, I suppose.

Wonder if he'll feature tomorrow. The Cowleys do like to ease players in before starting them.

We were higher than Grimsby last season. Does that make us a bigger club? What point are you making?

An alright striker, I suppose.

Wonder if he'll feature tomorrow. The Cowleys do like to ease players in before starting them.
26 goals in L2. = alright?
I know we're a massive club now but 'alright'?
Who was the last player we signed that had scored 26 the previous season?
Dixie McNeill maybe?

26 goals in L2. = alright?
I know we're a massive club now but 'alright'?
Who was the last player we signed that had scored 26 the previous season?
Dixie McNeill maybe?

Oh I'm delighted with Walker signing! I was joking!

Looking forward to seeing what the lad can do.