Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Lincoln City | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Lincoln City

I would like to know just how much money we are paying for support staff. On Wednesday night every time some one needed treatment 2 physios came on the pitch and neither was Mike Hine. Do we really need this many support staff for such a small squad

This is the set up we've had for the last 2 possibly 3 years and it's not worked out too bad

I agree that results in friendlies aren't really important it is more about match fitness than anything else.
However Danny did seem very down beat in his interview after the game, we know he is an expert at mind games and could be fooling everybody. But it didn't come across like that.
It is rather disturbing that we used a lot of our cup winnings on a training ground that we cannot use at the moment.
Secondly, Danny along with others from the Club were pushing the vitues of the Club to new investors at the end of last season. But all seems to have gone very quiet on that front.
And thirdly we have signed some very skillful midfielders but dont seem to have anyone matchfit to protect them and win them the ball to play with.
Please dont take this as negativity i think they are all valid points to discuss.
No doubt Danny could surprise us all this week with some interesting ins and outs on the playing front and next Saturday hopefully will be the start of another great season for the Imps.

Listen we're conceding too many early goals and we're not scoring. Apart from that I don't see anything wrong with the team

Better now than in L1 matches: everyone's going to learn from these friendlies and kick on from here. Hence the packed pre-season to give our new acquisitions some pitch time and to iron out the wrinkles....

Disagree sedgkey the total support staff over this preseason has grown again.

So let's say the average L1 football physio earns £30k a year. That's six weeks wages for Tyler Walker. Shall we sack all of our physios and get him for four months? If someone gets crocked we can just send him to Lincoln County and hope he gets more than a check-up every six months.

Get some perspective man.

Last edited by a moderator:
So let's say the average L1 football physio earns £30k a year. That's six weeks wages for Tyler Walker. Shall we sack all of our physios and get him for four months? Of course, if someone gets crocked we can simply book him in as an outpatient at Lincoln County and hope he gets more than a check-up every six months.

Get some perspective man.

Indeed bmw Mercedes Porsche all relatively affordable to buy as cars (second hand) what costs the money is keeping them on the road!

I agree that results in friendlies aren't really important it is more about match fitness than anything else.
However Danny did seem very down beat in his interview after the game, we know he is an expert at mind games and could be fooling everybody. But it didn't come across like that.
It is rather disturbing that we used a lot of our cup winnings on a training ground that we cannot use at the moment.
Secondly, Danny along with others from the Club were pushing the virtues of the Club to new investors at the end of last season. But all seems to have gone very quiet on that front.
And thirdly we have signed some very skillful midfielders but dont seem to have anyone matchfit to protect them and win them the ball to play with.
Please dont take this as negativity i think they are all valid points to discuss.
No doubt Danny could surprise us all this week with some interesting ins and outs on the playing front and next Saturday hopefully will be the start of another great season for the Imps.

So yeah, keep the faith but this is why Danny Cowley is pissed off:

* training ground not fit for purpose
* unfit players
* no money
* unbalanced transfer policy
* threadbare squad
* poor pre-season results and performances

But we do have a new shop, so there's that.

So yeah, keep the faith but this is why Danny Cowley is pissed off:

* training ground not fit for purpose
* unfit players
* no money
* unbalanced transfer policy
* threadbare squad
* poor pre-season results and performances

But we do have a new shop, so there's that.

Ha ha! Great stuff.

Yes I would send chapman and Bradley out on loan where they pay the wages and get someone in with teeth

You mean none of our players have got teeth !!! b hell things do really look bad, wrong sort of grass and now no teeth, what the heck can be next ????

Secondly, Danny along with others from the Club were pushing the vitues of the Club to new investors at the end of last season. But all seems to have gone very quiet on that front.
If danny is such an expert at mind games, how did his interview not come across as mind games?