Danny Cowley outlines his vision of how Lincoln City can produce their own talent | Page 2 | Vital Football

Danny Cowley outlines his vision of how Lincoln City can produce their own talent

And Ellis fits in with Harry's model too as we got him after he had initially been with Leicester's academy but wanted to come home.
I think Leicester could have taken Chapman from us for free because we were a non-league club at the time and theoretically had no status, but they did pay us a fee out of goodwill. I don't think we had to pay anything to bring him back, so we have already made some money from him.

I think Leicester could have taken Chapman from us for free because we were a non-league club at the time and theoretically had no status, but they did pay us a fee out of goodwill. I don't think we had to pay anything to bring him back, so we have already made some money from him.

No they didn't Ellis's parents insisted they pay a fee otherwise he wouldn't have gone to them. Leicester did us no favours whatsoever! Don't be fooled into thinking they did us anything at all without having their hand forced. PL clubs rarely do lower league clubs any favours it's all about cash!

I think we may have repaid them when he came back as well. I have little doubt they have a hefty sell on clause as well should Ellis ever depart!

The biggest beneficiaries of Lincoln’s youth department over the last 15 years has been the likes of Lincoln Utd, Spalding and Grantham. You will find a lot of lads at the Center of Excellence graduated to the exulted heights of the lower end of non league football. Was it a waste of time and money before the Cowleys intervened, almost certainly yes the results speak for themselves. Will it be better going forward, again almost certainly yes. The Cowleys won’t allow it to be anything less.

To be fair the club kept the Academy going in Non league days with no central funding from the Efl , At least they are trying to establish a pathway and hopefully it produces, No guarantees but fingers crossed

No they didn't Ellis's parents insisted they pay a fee otherwise he wouldn't have gone to them. Leicester did us no favours whatsoever! Don't be fooled into thinking they did us anything at all without having their hand forced. PL clubs rarely do lower league clubs any favours it's all about cash!

I think we may have repaid them when he came back as well. I have little doubt they have a hefty sell on clause as well should Ellis ever depart!
Paying us money was vetoed by Leicester board at the time. I sent a number of letters to FA and Premier League about the situation how non league clubs not having any rights over youth team players. FA replied but did not reply to any of my questions just repeating rules and regulations. Richard Scudamore head of Premier League sent a very long letter why the rules were in place and learnt a lot from him. I replied to that and I had a letter from the Head of Youth development who explained why it had been done. One of the Youth Board reps was from Leicester and the head said he would have a word with him about the payment which had been promised to Ellis parents. I was under the impression from my various correspondences that whilst any payment was not in the regulations it was hoped that some gesture would be made.

Paying us money was vetoed by Leicester board at the time. I sent a number of letters to FA and Premier League about the situation how non league clubs not having any rights over youth team players. FA replied but did not reply to any of my questions just repeating rules and regulations. Richard Scudamore head of Premier League sent a very long letter why the rules were in place and learnt a lot from him. I replied to that and I had a letter from the Head of Youth development who explained why it had been done. One of the Youth Board reps was from Leicester and the head said he would have a word with him about the payment which had been promised to Ellis parents. I was under the impression from my various correspondences that whilst any payment was not in the regulations it was hoped that some gesture would be made.

Thanks for that. Just as I thought Leicester did us no favours. Just another case of the haves and the have nots.

Well done for making your efforts even if they were in vain,effort has to be applauded.
Too many fence sitters in this world.

Coming back to this, and I've just noticed John Pemberton is the new Kidderminster boss.

He did some sterling work with the Forest Academy and if we're looking for a new Academy boss, then he would certainly have been a good choice.

Coming back to this, and I've just noticed John Pemberton is the new Kidderminster boss.

He did some sterling work with the Forest Academy and if we're looking for a new Academy boss, then he would certainly have been a good choice.
Didn't he want to be our 1st team manager at some point?