WBA after DC | Page 47 | Vital Football

WBA after DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Sports reporting that DC unhappy with the budget (how do they know I wonder) & that the compensation die would be 500k each brother.

If I had an ounce of cynicism and didn't believe that anything DC did wasn't altruistic I would think that this wass an attempt to ftry and blackmail the board to increase the budget. I mean it wasn't as if they threatened to leave if they didn't get a training ground was it.
Yeah he looked really unhappy at the do last night and sounded it in the interview with Michael.
Gutter journalism at its worst sadly and has it's them trying to fill airtime. So typical of murdoch owned media and to think he's being a pundit for sky tomorrow!

So with the Sky reports and newspaper odds , we clearly still have a way to go on this before we can finally relax on this one at leaat.

Yeah he looked really unhappy at the do last night and sounded it in the interview with Michael.
Gutter journalism at its worst sadly and has it's them trying to fill airtime. So typical of murdoch owned media and to think he's being a pundit for sky tomorrow!

At no point has Danny Cowley said "I am not moving to West Brom".

Let's have a dose of realism here. D&N are very ambitious. They want to compete with the best and progress. Whereas they are not unhappy at Lincoln, they do see the obvious - we are already filling the ground and we have no source for a large budget increase other than director's donating money or by selling players. So the potential at Lincoln is severely limited, whatever Clive and co come up with.

Our only prospect of keeping D&N longer term would be a billionaire coming on the scene, just like at Bournemouth. And that isn't going to happen.

So you can see why any interest from a higher league club who can potentially attract 25-30k+ crowds will be seen by D&N as a big step up. If WBA don't offer them the job, others will come in. At the best we will have one more season with D&N. That is all we can hope for, and there is nothing we can do. It is where we are as a club and as a city, and is where we will always be.

The huge job for Clive and co will not be keeping D&N. It will be finding a successor who can continue the progress for a few more years until he too moves on up the ladder.

So Rob Dorsett (Sky) reported 2 days ago WBA had concerns the job was too big for DC. Now Sky say he's unhappy with the budget at Lincoln. Make it short, make it snappy, make it up still seems to apply. I don't see speculation dying while there is a vacancy anywhere in the Championship.

Sky are bunch of ***** and can fuck off

But is it time to cash in on Andrade and Cowleys?

If this speculation is rubbish then I am sorry to all concerned! I want them to stay to carry on the journey.

If there is some truth in it then we need to act. I think it was Paul Getty said he got rich by selling early. They are our biggest asset. It will be a shame to see them go but if this carries on the media are going to shaft our excellent ethos we have.

The post above about finding the successor is spot on. Hopefully the board have already done the succession planning.

If not can we be rude and knick the Scunthorpe manger?

I think WBA are using the media to unsettle us. I hope they get relegated and we overtake them on the way up!

Last edited:
The Birmingham Mail article contains a link -

Danny Cowley discusses the West Brom job HERE

That leads to the Power and Glory interview with Hortin -

Cowley told the Hope and Glory podcast (17.40): “That happens when the club that you manage have been successful so I think we should all probably take a compliment in the fact that there is interest.

“Ultimately for us the focus is always on the work, the rest takes care of itself, if you continue to stay really focused, really drive and continue to work hard you don’t quite have control over any of the other factors.

“For us, we are really determined to try to put this club in the best possible position to attack League One.

“We are ambitious and while there is ambition in this journey and while there is alignment in terms of those ambitions then we have loved our time here and really enjoyed our time here.

“Like I said as a football club we have got to work it out and we have got to work out how we can remain ambitious and how we can try to find a way to get to the Championship.

“Like I said it’s going to be a huge challenge and we are not going to have a budget that allows us to be a favourite for promotion to the Championship no time soon. That’s the reality.

“But as long as we have got a plan - and that plan might mean we have got to excel in every single department of the club to make it possible but if that is the plan then we have got to work really hard to be able to try to achieve that. “

It's hard to see where there is anything but the merest passing reference (if any) is made to WBA.

Sky are bunch of ***** and can **** off

But is it time to cash in on Andrade and Cowleys?

If this speculation is rubbish then I am sorry to all concerned! I want them to stay to carry on the journey.

If there is some truth in it then we need to act. I think it was Paul Getty said he got rich by selling early. They are our biggest asset. It will be a shame to see them go but if this carries on the media are going to shaft our excellent ethos we have.

The post above about finding the successor is spot on. Hopefully the board have already done the succession planning.

If not can we be rude and knick the Scunthorpe manger?

I think WBA are using the media to unsettle us. I hope they get relegated and we overtake them on the way up!
Absolutely not! They're worth far more to us than £500k!

Andrade we'll probably have to sell,

As far as I can see all of the media hype is pure bull. Until anything happens we don't know. Danny has said he is happy here. They are preparing for the new season, talking about the academy, their families are happy here. For goodness sake if people want to believe bookies and Sky ( who have proved time and time again they talk mostly crap to fill up time) then that's up to you. I am pretty confident they will be here next season as it stands. I have no reason to doubt the words spoken by Danny and Clive. Hmm let me think shall I believe Sky, media or some dodgy Twitter feeds or shall I believe Danny and Clive?

This thread has gone full circle about 10 times. They’re not leaving, they might leave, it’s nailed on, actually the might stay, they’re staying, and round again.

It can be locked and we can just re-read comments from a few days ago as there’s no new information.

Agree with Casper imp . All rumour and speculation . Everyone will know when the parties concerned decide to tell .

In the meantime comrades, you are strictly forbidden to have any thoughts on this matter, and if you do, certainly , under no circumstances will you share them with anyone else. Official

Just what I'm doing , posting my thoughts, or thought . To re iterate my thought is wait and see what happens . .

Status
Not open for further replies.