Club Framework | Page 2 | Vital Football

Club Framework

^
has always been the way forward for a club our size.
god knows how many hours these fellas put in. the good thing is, the chance to work with the kids must appeal to them. plus the blank sheet of paper... to model an academy just how they want it. seems to me like they were v influenced by that wenger chat, and are doing a small version of that with us. must be way more interesting than just managing the first team squad.

would they be able to do that at wba? i think not.

Does anybody really think the Cowley's would just walk away without ensuring a certain amount of continuity within the club. Obviously not down to them to pick the next manager but I am sure they would like to ensure their hardwork will not go to waste.

Seems an ideal time to bring this up again.

Of course, then DC/NC arrived, there was nothing and as the trust built, they were able to build as they saw fit (and you would struggle to have found anyone better to do so).

By now, I'd hope that this framework and structure is a 'club' thing rather than a 'DC/NC' thing - from the sports science, analysis, scouting etc. They'll be tweaks down the years, of course, but it's imperative that these remain in place to give solid foundations to other managers.

And if there are people who are DC/NC people, I'm thinking more along the lines of Ross Poynton, then hopefully we can still retain the contact with those types of people as well.

It's a tough one. I imagine most of the important roles were recruited by DC/NC on the basis the roles were probably created by DC/NC too. It just comes down to the market place, contractual terms and whether DC/NC have the ability to poach them at some point and want to.

They'll operate with a different budget at Huddersfield - are the people at Lincoln the best within our budget but are they also the best within Huddersfield's bigger budget?

You also have to consider that the new manager will have his own trusted group of assistants/physios etc who they may want to bring with them. This will be the case if Flynn or Ainsworth leave their current posts for us, perhaps less so if Adkins or Parkinson who are unattached at the moment do
Even they will have their own way of doing things. but I do think that the things DC put into place will be retained with slight tweaking. This includes links with the colleges

If it's ainsworth will we see a return of Barry Richardson somewhere , still lives local and was helping ainsworth not long ago , sure he would be in contact with ainsworth over it all

All due respect to our team behind the team but surely T Udder's have their own sports science and analytics team. One would expect them to be on a par if not better than ours - being premiership quality and all (Ha!)

You also have to consider that the new manager will have his own trusted group of assistants/physios etc who they may want to bring with them. This will be the case if Flynn or Ainsworth leave their current posts for us, perhaps less so if Adkins or Parkinson who are unattached at the moment do
Even they will have their own way of doing things. but I do think that the things DC put into place will be retained with slight tweaking. This includes links with the colleges
True. Behind them you've still got people like Luke Jelly etc and we still use the Uni (something I'm hoping we continue to do).

I think Mike Hines will probably join DC at some point. They go all the way back to their Concord days.

I suspect all the infrastructure, backoffice personnel and youth facilities that have been put in place since Danny and Nicky joined are the things that *might* attract Gareth from Wycombe, his interview alluded to the fact that Wycombe don't have any of these things, they are basically 22 players and that's it. He can't build anything going forward at Wycombe because there are no foundations..