New Investment | Vital Football

New Investment

Gratzimp

Vital Squad Member
The amount of posts on the 'WBA for DC' thread, that mentioned investment made me think it is time for a thread of its own.
Danny in his pocast mentioned the need for larger investment in the club, and how much investment was needed to match their ambitions. The 3 new investors are a starting point for that, and the fact that they are overseas investors help to spread the clubs profile on a more global scale.
Our FA cup run, was a fantastic achievement and more importantly bought the club to the attention of these and potentially other investors (if the cup run had not of happened would Clive been able to secure the investors?) Been highlighted on the digital display in Times Square also got us noticed (I would love to have seen the % increase in searches for Lincoln City that day).
But, it is only a start and it was over 2 years ago. So it shows it takes time to find the RIGHT investors in the club. At the moment, it is a concern that seemingly we are only attracting overseas investors. Someone on the other thread suggested that we need to get local investment, and with that I agree.
Lincolnshire is a huge farming county, surely firms associated with said farming can be approached? How many signs show Weetabix in a field of wheat? What about the sugar companies (a real 'sugar' daddy) that farm sugar beet.
What the club needs is a major company to sponsor them, and be supplemented by smaller local companies. Whether that is overseas or not is unimportant, it is continued funding that IS important. In Clive we trust, and if they stay DC & NC can be left to work with the squad - the more success with the club the more the chance of investment. They go hand in hand.
Lincoln City is a club on the rise at the moment and we need to sieze that and take advantage of it, while we are still a very attractive propersition.

Jim Ratcliffe seems to be unsuccessful in his attempts to purchase Chelsea...

Spent a few years up this neck of the woods as well (Hull) so there's the loosest of loose links. :lol:

Spent a few years up this neck of the woods as well (Hull) so there's the loosest of loose links. :lol:
I'd rather we weren't sponsored/owned by the plastic/fracking/chemicals man tbh.

It looks like we have had a £112,500 investment on 9th May, it is showing today on companies house. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07895367/filing-history
I don't get why the statement of capital hasn't gone up from the previous allotment of shares in March though, any ideas?

I understand the system normally automatically increases the statement of capital by the number of new share issued but somehow it didn't. It's something that needs to be corrected.

Thank you Clive....and for everything that you have done for the club so far,

Is there any truth in the tweets suggesting that the situation with regard to Danny will become clearer today?

Thank you Clive....and for everything that you have done for the club so far,

Is there any truth in the tweets suggesting that the situation with regard to Danny will become clearer today?

Now you should know better than to ask a leading question of the chairman like that. He is hardly likely to field questions about the futures of our managers on an internet forum is he. I know it's frustrating for us all because we are desperate for them to stay but whatever the situation is I know that Clive and the board will be doing everything they can to facilitate the Cowleys remaining here as long as possible.

I guess we will find out today won't we! :grinning:

Well we'd only need a bit of the spare cash at the back of his wallet....