Chairman’s Report...Oh Lord... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Chairman’s Report...Oh Lord...

Wow that was a long read.
Same old as far as I'm concerned
I'm not chuffed about Evans but will support my team, safe in the knowledge that he won't be here long.

I don’t think there was mention of the new stadium in the report?
Does that mean he has conceded defeat on that prospect now that our one year sponsorship deal with Medway council has ended?

Also I see the Anderson loan repayment has now filled the space vacated by the Centre Plate court case and previously ITV Digital collapse as an excuse for not spending much on the playing budget.

Also I see the Anderson loan repayment has now filled the space vacated by the Centre Plate court case and previously ITV Digital collapse as an excuse for not spending much on the playing budget.
I also note the bit about season ticket sales being about the same as this time last year. Looks like the Pack Priestfield campaign has not set the world on fire. It is a wonder that he did not tell any of who have not yet renewed to bugger off and watch Charlton.

The worst case scenario of him walking is administration, we get the points deduction, probably get relegated and then have to find a new owner. Is that apocalyptic ? Not in my view.

Evans it is then - you can still get 1/5 if you fancy it !

How is that better than where we are now ? I
can't remember too many super yachts tied up at the dockyard as the super rich fought tooth and nail to get a piece of GFC when PS took over.

can't remember too many super yachts tied up at the dockyard as the super rich fought tooth and nail to get a piece of GFC when PS took over.

To be fair, the footballing landscape is slightly different today than it was a quarter of a century ago.

Might be better, might be far worse. At the end of the day I'd like an owner who can take the club forward. I genuinely don't believe Scally can and I genuinely don't believe that he will ever attract investors on the terms he is offering. If he could then I think he would have by now.

Of course if he were to go that might be it, no interest, no new owner and no more GFC. Or, someone less controversial might come along (just as he did) and take the club forward. We don't know. I just don't see the veiled threat that I could walk as the end of the world.

Still first few month of the next season will be interesting to say the least. At least we won't hear Evans say "boys did well, gave it all, couldn't ask for more, we go again" after another home defeat.

If we want passion we going to get it. We might not like it but we're going to get it !!!!

I also note the bit about season ticket sales being about the same as this time last year. Looks like the Pack Priestfield campaign has not set the world on fire. It is a wonder that he did not tell any of who have not yet renewed to bugger off and watch Charlton.
I think he actually said, season ticket sales are the same as last year and we still have TEN WEEKS to go.
I read that as meaning we have already reached last years total sales.

A friend of mine has already said he is going to Chatham next season.

He’s 100% right. But he should just keep it to himself - he just opens himself up to further criticism from the very people that criticise him.

Not sure how threatening to quit is going to stop the muppets that want him out. Surely it’ll encourage them.

Heard that the Q&A is going to be hosted down the Queen’s Head.

He’s 100% right. But he should just keep it to himself - he just opens himself up to further criticism from the very people that criticise him.

Not sure how threatening to quit is going to stop the muppets that want him out. Surely it’ll encourage them.

Don't they do a good fry up then?

My big concern is if we have a poor start to the season the atmosphere will soon become toxic.
I know people think we should be pushing for a top six finish, trouble is there are a lot of bigger richer clubs than us.
Last time we were in the Championship, the team had cost over £3m to build, that was 20 years ago and probably equates to £4/5m at today's rates.
Can Evans build a winning team on a cut price budget, I hope so for all our benefit.

Surely that's up the Queen's Head? :-)

I know people think we should be pushing for a top six finish, trouble is there are a lot of bigger richer clubs than us.

Do they though?

Does anyone on here honestly think we should be pushing top 6 ?

I don't. I would just like us to be strong midtable and occasionally flirting with hopes of the playoffs. I just don't want to see getting steadily less competitive.

I'm afraid Scally's turning into some sort of masochist, either that or he's just playing us Gills fans. He's complaining about the fans giving him abuse and not liking him, and that he might walk away. Then goes and appoints that nasty little fat bloke, who he knows most of the Gills fans hate and can't stand, which is now causing those fans to hate him even more!!

I'm convinced more than ever that he doesn't really give a toss. He's just given himself a rise from £204k to £312k a year (even when he says there's no money for new players), a £108,000 rise! So where's he going to get a job on £312,000 a year if he walks??