Summer 2019 Transfers | Page 15 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfers

Klose put up yesterday his brand new porche car which probably cost around 100k so I knew he had signed a new deal.

Masterson I mentioned last week and I think is one the club is really looking at. We will have Hanley - Klose - Zimmer - Godfrey - Franke and Hanley you'd think DF will want to give Hanley and Franke a preseason just because he likes to give players a go but I think Franke and Hanley might be on the way out. Franke was shite in his first season and has been on loan at lower league german club and I just can't see him being anywhere near good enough. Masterson will not want to just be signed to go into our u23s.

Phiilips would be a great signing but we just don't seem to have the money to buy these players

Franke was shite in his first season and has been on loan at lower league german club and I just can't see him being anywhere near good enough. Masterson will not want to just be signed to go into our u23s.

Phiilips would be a great signing but we just don't seem to have the money to buy these players

I don't see Franke staying with us next season.

We need a quality DM and Phillips is good and young (23) to justify City paying a big fee. £10m yes £15m no

Last edited:
Cantwell contract is interesting. If he doesn't sign then what happens? Sure one year option taken but do they loan him and then lose him next summer, keep and play him and hope he is happy and signs a new deal during the season?

Thing is 6 months before deal is up a club can agree a co tract with a player.

Cantwell has talent but has too many players in his position in front of him and he is now playing left wing when he isn't one.

Exactly that, Bears. Is he going to be good enough in the PL? I don’t think he is, personally. As you say, there are better players ahead of him and maybe he and his agent are reviewing their options.

Interesting how Luca Connell'S agent only wants the lad to go to a club where he will be seen as a 1st team player and not an u23/loan player and this is where we are going to lose out on him yet other clubs in the prem/Scottish top league who are after think he will fit into their 1st team. Wolves/Rangers are two. I think he will go to Rangers if I had to choose now.

Apparently, another issue is that he has extended his scholarship at Bolton meaning a club would have to pay 300k and we don't want to spend that --- according to the report.

On the same line as above - the report says that we are trying to strengthen our u23 squad.

That is fine but the 1st team is more important at the moment.

Another defender linked.

Zlute Waregem defender Marko Burki is the new name that is being mentioned. He is Swiss so maybe Klose connections - costing around 800k and he can also play at Left Back

With Klose signing a new deal and having Godfrey - Zimmermann and Hanley I can't see the reason for a new defender but if the plan is to sell Hanley/Franke/Raggett then another CB will be needed.

I think Raggett will want to go back to Lincoln if they do come in for him.

Morris has gone back to Rotherham. It's a shame we didn't get to see him play for us. I can't see him coming back and being a 1st teamer after this loan. Has a signed a new contract until 2022 with us I think but I just can't see it happening.. I think the club extended to stop the chance of us losing him for nothing next summer

Last edited:
So, Philip Heise.

Been here 6 months or so, not heard a skerric about him, meant to be the challenger to Jamal.

Husband was earmarked for that possie too but fell down the pecking order and went on loan to Fleetwood who want him back but he wants to fight for a first team place at City.

So, Philip Heise. Yeh. Dunno??:hmmm:

So, Philip Heise.

Been here 6 months or so, not heard a skerric about him, meant to be the challenger to Jamal.

Husband was earmarked for that possie too but fell down the pecking order and went on loan to Fleetwood who want him back but he wants to fight for a first team place at City.

So, Philip Heise. Yeh. Dunno??:hmmm:
Funny how Franke and Husband now want to fight for their position at City now we are in the prem. Guys you were both shit in the championship and there is no chance you'll make it here now.

As DG says the payrise in wages is the main reason.

As Steve says Barton wants Husband back at Fleetwood and I suggest he goes. hopefully we can get a small fee for him.

Hiese is an interesting one. DF wanted him to come to us in the summer a la Buendia but Hiese wanted to come to us in Jan which is fine but the guy has now not played a single game of football in 4 months and it will be another 2 months before he gets the chance. How will he be up to speed? I think cup games will be his chance as Lewis will not be moved unless injury or suspention.

So one of the 1st targets we were linked with has been approached by West Ham. Kostas Fortounis was linked with us before the season ended but it is believed that West Ham have made an offer for him. If we want to get him maybe stop the u23 player search and get an offer in (I am not at Norwich so who knows they might already have done).

Reading what DF says on the transfer side of things makes me think we will not bring in lots of players and I think it will be a max of maybe 3 1st teamers and like 4/5 u23 players and youngsters. It was mentioned that the u23 squad have lost 8 players.

If the current championship winning squad is kept (Minus Rhodes - Morris and Passlack) I can only see us needing maybe 4/5 players and at least one having some strong experience behind him. A new GK to push Krul and hopefully take the shirt when Krul goes - a RB to push Aarons (we have a couple of youngsters but maybe not for next season) and probably one who can operate on the left if needed - a new winger who can play on both sides as Wildschut is gone as is Jarvis and we struggled when Buendia and Hernandez were missing as Cantwell had to cover and he isn't a winger - 2 new forwards to push Pukki and be standby as I can't see Pukki making it a whole season with out a break. With Morris now gone and Srbeny just not looking like a strong option I think we will need backups even if one is like a Buendia someone who can play as an attacking midfielder too. I think another option to Pukki is needed like a big 6'4 type as we can't think we can go into the premiership and have 3 pukki type players - we need the tall lad - the quick type and the number 10 role player which Pukki is.