Sliding Doors | Vital Football

Sliding Doors

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
For one reason or another ive taken a bit of a back seat these past nine months or so in order to get away from things NUFC or indeed recharge the batteries with the normality of life. Today though, has seen the appetite to press a few keyboard buttons come back rather than swipe continuously on a mobile screen in anticipation of regurgitated bile that hardly registers in the mind.

There has been no light bulb moment or indeed a sliding door moment to look back on and wish id taken that other choice I would have had but maybe the recognition that Mike Ashley has one such sliding door in front of him now, is the catalyst to get my fingers bashing this keyboard in a frantic like fashion.

Ashley's history here of wanting the club to advertise his brand in the top league whilst allowing the club's own generated funds provide us with the sole ambition to survive another year here is showing no signs of change and if things revert to type, then this version of events will see whatever funds there are being used by any number of Sky Sports stooge. Maybe even a chance for Steve Bruce.

In the eyes of Ashley, his brand continues to get air time whilst his cash diversion techniques continue to reap him dividends with the risk of relegation being offset by his ability to throw extra cash at trying to get back into the top league. In the meanwhile continuing control of fan expectation level by reinventing us as a yo-yo.

The correct sliding door moment for Ashley though, in our eyes, is to get on board with what Rafa Benitez wants for the club in that it has to have ambition to better itself, season on season. A decision that if done properly, would increase the value of the club in turn.

However, competing to finish 17th or above can be done with a near zero spend by rotation of stock or selling to buy whilst competing in the top 8 - 10 needs a minimum spend per season in the 10's of millions or one year where you go completely mad before tweaking little each year like the top teams do with one signing costing our full net spend that is being mooted around now in the £40 - £50 million bracket.

With these last eleven years of Ashley iron fist rule to go by and the many stories that embarrass us as a city with his association with us not to mention the fact that he has turned so many loyal fans against doing what they used to love doing in attending, the obvious thing that history points to is for Ashley to choose door one and continue with his only game plan that has worked for him. Regardless of the fall out that may go on as a result.

If door two is chosen and we see a press conference announcing Rafa as manager for the next few years then it's a major twist in my eyes as it'll be a game changer. We'll be entering year 12 of Ashley on new ground and I just can't see this happening.

Ashley will fuck it up because thats what he does the sad thing is that he could appoint Worzel Gummidge as manager and 52k will still turn up every home game.

I am reliably told that Mike watched a Worzel video after talks with Rafa broke down and was impressed by Gummidge's ability to deflect blame.

Ashley won't change because he's not bothered whether Newcastle are competitive or not. He's got no feelings or love for the football club and the sooner he dies the better. I never thought it was possible to hate anybody more than Thatcher but this **** is the type of human being that her polocies were designed for.

Ashley won't change because he's not bothered whether Newcastle are competitive or not. He's got no feelings or love for the football club and the sooner he dies the better. I never thought it was possible to hate anybody more than Thatcher but this **** is the type of human being that her polocies were designed for.

If door two is chosen and we see a press conference announcing Rafa as manager for the next few years then it's a major twist in my eyes as it'll be a game changer. We'll be entering year 12 of Ashley on new ground and I just can't see this happening.
Door two requires some sort of faith in Ashley so in essence it's imaginary.

Therefore if Benitez stays it will only adds to the size of the stain on his character that currently so many refuse to see or acknowledge.

Door two requires some sort of faith in Ashley so in essence it's imaginary.

Therefore if Benitez stays it will only adds to the size of the stain on his character that currently so many refuse to see or acknowledge.

I agree that it is imaginary to a degree in that it depends which opinion we have on Rafa's being here.

My personal opinion is that he's different to the other cohorts we have had in his position regardless of the similar things that have happened and I genuinely believe that he loves and sees the potential of Newcastle United.

I also believe that he is trying to change the way that Ashley sees and runs the club although the minute Rafa realises that a leopard never changes its spots will be the minute that he goes. As things stand that will be June 30th.

To me you can question Rafa's signings, tactics and player selection but you can't question his integrity.
He's a million times removed from psychophants like Llambias, Charnley, Pardew, Carver, Barnes and Kinnear and he genuinly wants whats best for the football club.

The fact that he's good at his job certainly helps Ashley run the club on a shoestring but to me that misses the point entirely. He can see what the fat **** doesn't want to see in that United are a genuinely huge football club and the potential is enormous if it's run correctly.

Ok - Liverpool and Man City are streets ahead but I've seen nowt from Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal or Man Utd to be scared of. We can break the top four in the next three to four seasons with sustained investment and a world class manager at the helm.

To me you can question Rafa's signings, tactics and player selection but you can't question his integrity.
He's a million times removed from psychophants like Llambias, Charnley, Pardew, Carver, Barnes and Kinnear and he genuinly wants whats best for the football club.

The fact that he's good at his job certainly helps Ashley run the club on a shoestring but to me that misses the point entirely. He can see what the fat **** doesn't want to see in that United are a genuinely huge football club and the potential is enormous if it's run correctly.

Ok - Liverpool and Man City are streets ahead but I've seen nowt from Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal or Man Utd to be scared of. We can break the top four in the next three to four seasons with sustained investment and a world class manager at the helm.

Why can't you question his integrity ?

Because of his track record in management and all of the charitable work he does outside of football.

I certainly haven't heard of anybody questioning his integrity in over 30 years of management although of course that's not to say there aren't players who don't like him.

Because of his track record in management and all of the charitable work he does outside of football.

I certainly haven't heard of anybody questioning his integrity in over 30 years of management although of course that's not to say there aren't players who don't like him.
He's working for Ashley vin there's really nothing else to say,unless he knows for sure that Mike is misunderstood by us simple people.

How can you know if someone has integrity if you don't question it ?

Of course we should all question his integrity,otherwise he's a puppet for the toad.
Personally I think he'll walk,if he doesn't then he's complicit,I think the clown will stand his ground & continue to smirk & piss on the Geordie faithful.

Of course we should all question his integrity,otherwise he's a puppet for the toad.
Personally I think he'll walk,if he doesn't then he's complicit,I think the clown will stand his ground & continue to smirk & piss on the Geordie faithful.

Aye,it baffles me why Benitez is not put under the spotlight more Ry.
Peter Beardsley for example gets loads of stick for working with the parasite but as far as I can recall until his public vocal support for the regime as well as recent racist allegations,always came across as a man overflowing with integrity.

The £50 million plus player sales is what he has been offered. The £100 million figure is what could be put in within reasonable accounting principles and best practice as demonstrated by other clubs.

36 days remain on Rafa's contract. The longer this limbo goes on should surely see the power swing more towards him.

Just can't see a resolution though. Cue Shola Ameobi's first managing job.