Boro Fan Comments | Vital Football

Boro Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Forest have lost their last 4 games and word from Nottingham is O'neill is under severe pressure from the fans.

Interesting stat from the Nottingham post, Forest have only lost 1 of 32 home games played on Easter Monday, that was 17 years ago.

We simply can not go behind that is certain due to our failure to win a game where the opposition has scored first.

Saville really struggling at full back.. fancy that, struggling in a position where we only have one player in the entire squad for two slots.

Not started very well at all... Forest the better side at the moment.

We generally play poorly, it's just a question of whether we can nick a goal or two and keep them out. No difference to any other game this season.

Penalty Forest, Shotton can't argue.

Shotten lucky to stay on and we are one down. Game over.

Randolph with another wonder save to keep it at 1-0.

To be fair to players like Clayton, they've been drilled into defensive obduracy so extensively that they're probably terrified to play a forward pass in case they get their knackers cut off in the changing room afterwards.

Clayton is fine if he's the designated defensive midfielder. Pulis starts three CDMs, which is the problem.

Game over and season over. Only two more games left to endure the worst manager of my lifetime.

Getting what we deserve today and frankly we do not deserve anything anyway. Randy saves us again. Please go Pulis.

Should easily be four nil down against the worst form team in the league. Up the Pulis!

We are getting ripped apart. Only Randolph is preventing humiliation.

We are being carved open Randy saves again!

Forest have nothing to play for but yet still have the desire to play the game and rip us apart, our players are a complete joke and unworthy of the shirt, it's not just the crap manager that we have, all the coaching, scouting staff and everyone from top to bottom should be ashamed.

Humiliation completed.

This isnt the first time forest have outplayed us this year. They dominated us first game too. We just crumble when playing any team that tries to be positive.

Getting absolutely what we deserve, shows how good this league is when a *** side like us are in a play off position. We are awful.

Against the teams currently in the top half of the Championship, Boro have only won once (West Brom a) since October 19.

The stats really say everything about the manager and the team. Shots 3 and 1 on target against 20 and 9 on target.

"We played with more forwards on the pitch than I’ve ever played with and you want them to do a lot more going forwards"

He has a point. 2 forward thinking players does equal the record for how many forward players hes ever played.

He just needs to work out how those 2 players get the ball when the other 8 players sole purpose is to defend.

The pies summed up the afternoon. Probably the worst pies tasted at any away ground this season. Like Boro they filled a hole but much more than that cannot be said. The appearance was like they were tired with the pastry dry from being over cooked. The content was predictable and as inspiring as watching creosote dry. The pies were stale and took a long time to consume. Afterwards, like the match ticket, I wondered why the hell I had spent the money to buy one.

Strange that, because the pies I remember from our Cup tie at Notts County a few years ago were extremely good.

PUKKA Pies at Forest have to travel over London Road bridge over the Trent. At Notts they are done just right. The ones at the "City" Ground tasted like they had been fished out of Trent Lock.

Humiliating performance from Boro today against Nottingham Forest a team who are already on holiday , but for Randolph’s heroics ,it could have been 6.

Played off the park.

Game over and season over. Only two more games left to endure the worst manager of my lifetime. :grinning:

Thanks CP.

Those comments could well have been lifted from our Forum after the defeat at Rotherham etc.

I forced myself to go yesterday, but came away very pleasantly surprised by the quality of football - such a shame, that we couldn't have done this earlier.

I remember watching Forest and Stoke playing out one of the worst 0-0's I've ever seen.

Chris Doig and Gerry Taggart were just heading the ball to each other.

Kinnear and Pulis were the managers. :(

Boro have a really good squad - wonder if they'll stick by Pulis?

The only downside, was that Derby now 6th - their game away at Brizzle looks massive!

Down to the manager when you've a talented squad and not playing to their strengths, also down to the people above to select the best fit of manager to the squad.

We totally dominated them yesterday, they barley had a sniff and we could have had a few more. Pity this isn't a month ago and we'd still have something to play for, just prey he keeps this set up and we can see if it can be effective for next season.

Cheers CP, lots of interesting comments.

Reinforces the point that even when winning, a manager who plays dour football is skating on thin ice.

Hopefully MoN has learnt from yesterday what he needs to do.

Saville really struggling at full back.. fancy that, struggling in a position where we only have one player in the entire squad for two slots.”

Hadn’t realised Boro were that depleted...

Cheers CP, lots of interesting comments.

Reinforces the point that even when winning, a manager who plays dour football is skating on thin ice.

Hopefully MoN has learnt from yesterday what he needs to do.

My interpretation was that this was Plan B.